It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS Pedestrian Evacuation Analyst - Tools for mapping an evacuation plan. Earthquake, Volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I havent had a chance to use this yet, but I think it could be a useful tool, for anyone who is preparing an evacuation plan. I live in California, so I try to be prepared. geography.wr.usgs.gov...

The Pedestrian Evacuation Analyst is an ArcGIS extension that estimates how long it would take for someone to travel on foot out of a hazardous area that was threatened by a sudden event such as a tsunami, flash flood, or volcanic lahar. It takes into account the elevation changes and the different types of land cover that a person would encounter along the way.

The Pedestrian Evacuation Analyst produces maps of pedestrian travel times to high ground for every location in the threatened area (hazard zone). If provided information about where people are located in the hazard zone, the tool will also calculate counts of people at different travel time intervals and generate graphs and tables of the results. The tool can also be used to examine the potential benefits of vertical evacuation structures, which are buildings or berms designed to provide a local high ground in low-lying areas of the hazard zone.

I checked the search engine, didnt find this, however, if this subject is a duplicate please delete.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
Looks like a pretty cool and very useful piece of software. I reckon I may give it a whirl.

Definitely installing it on air gapped pc.

ETA: I would advise others serious about having a private evac plan to do the same.

edit on 5/6/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

new topics

join