It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA reprimands agents after student forgotten in cell for 5 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Even DOJ says this isn't good enough. I mean seriously, when DOJ says you didn't do something well enough that's saying something, as screwed up as they are.

Summary: college guy got left in a holding cell for 5 days and ended up having to drink his own urine to stay hydrated. Several agents got letters of reprimand and a couple of them got a few days of suspension.

To be fair, the LoR is potentially a career killer. But that's POTENTIALLY. Definitely not a guarantee, seeing as they're all still employed. At worst it means they won't get a good posting or any advancement. Maybe. Then again maybe not.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Crap. I fat fingered this into the wrong forum. Can a mod move it to PC?

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Damn near kill a kid, saying that since he had to get rushed to intensive care, and you get a letter or reprimand?
Not saying everyone needed to get canned, but it seems someone dropped the ball big time there.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And I believe he was cuffed the majority, if not all, of his "stay." The article mentions him twisting his cuffs around to scratch a message into his arm (I think).

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Ya I read that, that makes it even worse.

Cuffs are not designed to be comfortable by any means.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This isnt the first time...I think about a year ago the same thing happened and they killed the kid...and I think it was the DEA too...ill try to find it.

Never mind this is the same article its just updated...just ignore me...
edit on 6-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What a bunch of crap and a slap on the wrist!!!!

It's not like they put new agents among the prisoners every day. Within a five days, guards must have heard him repeating the same claims of having nothing to eat or drink. I'm sure they just ignored him, in my opinion there is definitely reason to file criminal charges of at least negligent assaualt.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

You know, people are getting so pissed in this nation, stomping/burning flags. i totally understand it. something has got to give here.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Let's see this guy ever trust an officer of 'law' again.

I wonder how his parents feel.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Horrible. Letters of reprimand and suspension? Disgrace.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would bet any amount of money they left him like that on purpose and laughed about it while it was happening. If they honestly hired people so stupid they forgot about leaving someone in a cell 5 days then that's almost worse so either way I hope he gets a really big payday in court.

top topics

join