It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dragonball Z series coming soon! Dragonball Super!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And a new DBZ movie coming this summer for the English audience, "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’"! Frieza is back baby but he better watch out because Goku's power have reached God level! So for all you DBZ lovers out there rejoice, the journey is not over!

Rumor: Dragon Ball Super Could Go As Long As 100 Episodes

The new Dragon Ball Z TV series, Dragon Ball Super, could be up to 100 episodes if Toei Animation gets its way.

Spanish website, Mision Tokyo, posted some interesting new information they managed to gather about Dragon Ball Super.

They say Toei Animation has planned to make a minimum of 100 episodes for Dragon Ball Super. If things go well and the new Dragon Ball Z TV show is a success, they can increase this number.

Mision Tokyo also reports Japanese TV station, Fuji TV, plans to air Dragon Ball Super at 9am on Sundays. They note the target audience will still be for kids. The show might have the same style as the Buu saga and the recent Battle of Gods movie.

They also note Dragon Ball Super is expected to premiere on July 5th, 2015 in Japan. This is likely as July 5th is a Sunday and it was already officially announced the new show would air in the Summer.

The news about Dragon Ball Super lasting as long as 100 episodes should be treated as a rumor until Toei Animation makes an official announcement. Judging by how popular Dragon Ball Z is worldwide, the series is sure to have a lot of episodes. It’s been years since fans have been treated with new episodes and the demand is high.

dragonball.wikia.com...:_Resurrection_%E2%80%98F%E2%80%99

The original series author, Akira Toriyama, is once again credited with the original concept, script, and drawing character designs for the film. In the September 2014 issue of the Weekly Shōnen Jump, Toriyama says that, although he did not plan on it, he is not only putting a lot of effort in drawing the art, but also "fussing over the smallest dialogue lines." He promises more action scenes, and teases that the story will be "utterly funny." To emphasize the effort he has put into this new film, Toriyama says that even his first manga editor praised him on the work he has done, even though this editor rarely ever does that.[4] The film tells a story brand new to the series, set after the events of the previous movie, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, with the series author writing it as a continuation of the Dragon Ball manga serialization.[4] In a previous interview featured in the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump, Akira Toriyama said that, in the event that there is talk of another animated film after Battle of Gods, he would like Vegeta to play the main role; however, he added that this is nothing more than intentions, and he had not yet made such a decision.[5] Additional news surfaced featuring a trailer portraying Frieza fighting Goku as well as a legion of Frieza's army being set loose. [6]

edit on 6-5-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Heh, not sure about this one. GT was a total wreck. But maybe, just maybe it will be worth it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Once you skipped past the first 25ish episodes of GT it got much better. I have total faith this series will be good. It'll pick up after the Buu saga and after the 2013 movie Battle of the Gods. Akira Toriyama will be apart of this series, unlike GT.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cant wait.
Been waiting forever for a new dragonball series

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
One of my good friends did several voices on the original.

Never watched an entire episode.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
gokus new form - the "super saiyan god super saiyan" - is disappointing in both appearance and name. i loved dragon ball, loved dragon ball z, cant wait for dragon ball super, but i hope toriyama plans to replace the blue haired super saiyan with a more visually impressive form and a less unwieldy name.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My excitement level..is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

In the movie that form didn't last long because he didn't need it once his body adapted to it. He then began fighting in super saiyan form.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

In the movie that form didn't last long because he didn't need it once his body adapted to it. He then began fighting in super saiyan form.

yeah the super saiyan god form has a time limit. the "super saiyan god super saiyan" (ugh
) is basically super saiyan piggybacking on the super saiyan god energy he absorbed during the battle of gods movie. after the let down of the saiyan god (a glorified kaio ken) i was hoping he would make up for it with this latest movie. but nope. we get a blue super saiyan. thats...uh...thats special.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The new movie that hasn't been released in English yet?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The new movie that hasn't been released in English yet?

the new movie whose plots details have been online for some time now. and i have a few friends who learned rudimentary japanese by watching unsubbed anime.

sorry for the spoilers, good thing i only posted what was strictly relevant.

edit on 6-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I read the plot on Wiki but don't know all the details, definitely looking forward to this summer. The movies are good but aren't near as good as the series (- GT). Once the series is released I'm sure we'll continue to see transformations and power ups!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I would like to see them expand on gohans role. It was implied that he could be stronger than his father but that never really went anywhere. As long as he has a good role in the new series I am happy with that I guess. And maybe we will get to see Gotenks again.
edit on 7-5-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I would like to see them expand on gohans role. It was implied that he could be stronger than his father but that never really went anywhere. As long as he has a good role in the new series I am happy with that I guess. And maybe we will get to see Gotenks again.

they need to make a team of gohan goku and vegeta. they are basically the strongest characters in the series other than the gods of creation and destruction.

there are other really good ideas but they are adult theme and probably not appropriate for a childrens show. ...a really gritty dragon ball series would be amazing. expendables meets fast and furious but with all dbz characters.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Hell to the yeah that would be the shiznit. Though I think it should be more of a game of thrones type story.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Hell to the yeah that would be the shiznit. Though I think it should be more of a game of thrones type story.

dragon ball is about how crucial mentorship is, how excellence is a journey and not a destination, determination in the face of adversity, working together instead of in spite of each other, how pride gets in the way of peace, and how losing can give us the strength to win.

game of thrones is 50 shades of gray meets spartacus with dragons.

they are not even in the same league.

top topics

join