It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Facts About K-12 Education Funding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: WarminIndy

Which had nothing to do with the question...

You said per your source that there should be no federal funding.
That is not true.

I said, according to their own words from the first line is that the STATES have the power over their own education, Constitutionally.

I THEN said that it descended to them taking over, because in number 10, in their own words, the Federal government funds through laws.

Read their own words. If you don't understand what unconstitutional means, then perhaps a course in American Civics might be in order.

While it might seem not important to you, the rest of us thinking individuals who see it written, know that by that statement, they are overriding the states, unconstitutionally. Go argue for gay marriage rights and marijuana, as a Constitutional right.

The FACT is that the Department of Education states plainly that under the Constitution, STATES have to maintain THEIR OWN education, therefore, by the time of the 10th line, the federal government is enacting an unconstitutional act. And the states then take the money, to allow the federal government to mandate education without the consent of the citizens of the states.

Do you see the unconstitutional action?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't see providing funding as taking over it.
Which I am sure you will come back with common core or something, might have more of a point there.

The DOE states they have the responsibility to provide the k-12, where does it state they can't receive gov funding?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I don't see providing funding as taking over it.
Which I am sure you will come back with common core or something, might have more of a point there.

The DOE states they have the responsibility to provide the k-12, where does it state they can't receive gov funding?

Hmm, let me see...don't bite the hand that feeds you, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Which particular idiom suits?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The ones who pay for a thing also dictate how those funds are used. As soon as a system does something the Feds don't like, they withhold funding as a means of coercion.

Why do you think the pot on Obamacare was so sweetened with federal monies? It was to get the states hooked so they were roped into the system - bribes.

And just ask states who had highway funding withheld.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: flibbleflobble
I have a simple test, I ask them if they know specific names fundamental to their science. Nowdays they have no idea who they are, I stand in shock then shake my head in disgust.

Nowdays a lot have no idea of the fundamental backbone of their own science they claim to be majoring in.

Keep in mind , this is what I have observed in only 15 years.

I like it when a big buck comes up to me and acts all knowledgable, I then turn onto fundamental theories, they turn tail and run.

Some now even avoid me prefering to run past

Students don't even read books, I spend hours reading books, reading academic papers. And I have been in the industry a while.

Then they complain they don't understand a topic, they expect to get it from PowerPoint slides.

I did a bad thing recently. I was sitting in a 3d graphics programming class with my instructor and he was going over some concepts. I happen to have some background in this so it was review for me. I intentionally asked him a tricky question that I knew the answer to as a test. For what it's worth he said he didn't know, proposed some theories, and later I saw him trying those theories out to find the answer so... he passed the test.

On the subject of books, I try to read one book related to my field per week, but I often times fall short of my goal.

No one else in my class does any outside reading. The perception is that the teacher is supposed to teach you everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join