It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Rupert Murdoch's Sun faces two ways in the general election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Rupert Murdochs backing has always been an important issue in a general election. With famous headlines such as It was the sun wot won it In 1992, the papers support has too often been of interest to politicians. So it's been quite interesting to see what Murdoch has been up to this year regarding where his support lies

As for the politics, the Sun/Murdoch is supporting the two parties on either side of the border with the greatest chance of defeating Labour. It is aimed at ensuring that Ed Miliband cannot obtain a majority. The Sun remains a unionist newspaper, so it does not suggest any support for an independent Scotland. It’s all about who rules at Westminster.
www.theguardian.com...

This time around the sun in Scotland is putting its weight behind sturgeon and in England its support goes to the Tories. In my opinion this will only push Milliband into a Coalition with the snp to get a Majority. I think what we are seeing is the decline in influence of The Sun in its election deciding power,in the uk which can only be seen as a good thing, for an unelected media mogul to have so much influence over our media is totally wrong, no one ever voted for Rupert Murdoch and his opinion should be worth as much as mine in a democracy. I just wanted to bring this to attention as it's been on my mind today
edit on 6-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Does anyone actually buy The Sun, let alone read it?

It should be placed with The Comics at the newsagents.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Does anyone actually buy The Sun, let alone read it?

By the looks of ats I would say a few Brit members definitely read it and believe every word

join