It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is regional politics classed as off topic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I chose that forum as it was regarding UK elections, have I misunderstood the forum?

I assumed it would be the same as other political forums that come under the main site/banner?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Totally agree.

The American political forum has a huge forum dedicated to it on the main site.

30% of ATS traffic is international so you would think at the very least they would put regional politics/issues up to the main site along side the American political madness forum.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Totally agree.

The American political forum has a huge forum dedicated to it on the main site.

30% of ATS traffic is international so you would think at the very least they would put regional politics/issues up to the main site along side the American political madness forum.

I don't think it's intentional, I assume that it was origionally for US local issues that would not warrent front page status.

I do think that a UK politics forum would be a good thing though, we have a forum for pets and one for guns

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I agree. There should be a UK political forum as well as an EU forum and a Pan-Asia or Pacific Rim forum for our ANZAC friends.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Actually your post just pissed me off, not because i disagree but because of this.

ATS has a pets forum but not a UK issues forum!

Seriously??

Think about all the stuff that a forum like that would contain we have had MP expenses, child abuse, terrorism, erosion of civil liberties, government spying, wars all of that kind of stuff.

I think we should have a UK madness forum that goes right along side the American forum.

I know that others might also call for a Auz, EU and Asia forum, but the UK membership is the second largest i believe so we really should get our own forum.
edit on 7-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It could be easier to loose th US emphasis on some of the forum titles to make them universal.

As is often said with 30% non us membership it would make it more globally balanced.

As for the pet forum I don't mind that one it's the one about weapons and ammo I take issue with but then again I'm a hippy in a non gun culture so what do I know?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I don't mind the gun forum or the pet forum.

Just a little annoyed that they thought to put that up before anyone said what about those guys that do all that posting over the other side of the pond?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I don't mind the gun forum or the pet forum.

Just a little annoyed that they thought to put that up before anyone said what about those guys that do all that posting over the other side of the pond?

It's easy done, contact the mods and get them to put up the question do you want x forum? if they get enough responses i'm sure it's in the interest of the forum, theres changes in the pipline anyway?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I have actually done just that!

Contacted the mods and asked if we could have a "UK madness forum"

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I don't think it's intentional, I assume that it was origionally for US local issues that would not warrent front page status.

In fact you will find two sticky threads on that forum titled something like "Welcome to your UK politics forum" and "Welcome to the Canadian politics forum".
It looks as though "Regional politics" came into existence by merging the two, so it was genuinely about non-American politics from the beginning. "Regions of the world" rather than "regions of the U.S."

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I have actually done just that!

Contacted the mods and asked if we could have a "UK madness forum"

No politics involved I hope just a dedicated corner where we can discuss the madness of the UK in general

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: nonspecific

In fact you will find two sticky threads on that forum titled something like "Welcome to your UK politics forum" and "Welcome to the Canadian politics forum".
It looks as though "Regional politics" came into existence by merging the two, so it was genuinely about non-American politics from the beginning. "Regions of the world" rather than "regions of the U.S."

I never read sticky's I am a man.

Sticky's are like instruction manuals, alright for girls and children but I prefer to wade in and figure it out for myself and refuse to ask for help even when I am tottaly lost.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yeah exactly!

This week is probably the best time to do this because of the election but there is loads of stuff pertaining to the UK that could be discussed!

Basically if it happens in the UK it goes in the UK madness forum.

I am still waiting on staff getting back to me though.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yeah exactly!

This week is probably the best time to do this because of the election but there is loads of stuff pertaining to the UK that could be discussed!

Basically if it happens in the UK it goes in the UK madness forum.

I am still waiting on staff getting back to me though.

I think we would need a little backing but theres a fair few active UK members and none of us are afraid to make our voices known.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

meh if we get the support of some staff one of us could author a thread just putting out feelers to see if such a forum would be popular.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am not actually a big contributor to the political forums. Mainly because it's not what I come to ATS for but also because I am perpetually confused which forum to use.

I certainly think there could be a place for a UK or at least "UK & European Politics". I think the membership is about 10% from Britain/Ireland and there are a number of members from around Europe as well.

Looking over ATS we have 10 different "Politics Forums"

Breaking Political News
2016 US Elections
US Political Madness

Regional Politics
Above Politics
Political Ideology
Politicians & People
Political Issues
Political Mud-Pit
Political Conspiracies
Text

Do we really need that many forums on politics when there isn't one specifically for this side of the pond?

So hopefully it will be reviewed.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Me and nonsceptical have already approached the mods to ask f this can get sorted out.

This would be the perfect time to create a UK Madness forum, just dump all the threads about the uk election into it would give it a really good start.

So far though I am still awaiting a response but it seems to be a forum that would be very popular.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I posted a UK political issue in Social Issues and Civil unrest before without difficulty..

politics are a social issue too..

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Would be nice!
edit on 10-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join