It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oil Trains,, Derailing all over America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
2 hours ago another OIL TRAIN derailed ....

Another one....

how many has it been? i lost count.. BUT

anybody else see a pattern?

Are ECO-Terrorist at work here?

i have Absolutely no proof, BUT....

with all the demonstrations and picketing .. i Wonder..

>>here is the latest>>>

www.nbcnews.com...

What do you think?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: darrman

I keep thinking the trains are being purposely derailed to support building more pipelines across the country. With the TransCandada XL being tied up, they have to push public support for a safer alternative. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I guess when you have more trains carrying oil you see more accidents....I'm not making excuses but I wonder how many more trains are carrying oil today versus 2011-to current? How many more routes are carried out versus a few years ago...just a thought

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think someone is sabotaging these oil trains so they will cave in and finally construct that oil pipeline, since it will be "safer" than transporting oil over rails.

Now of course we hear that article on how bad our railway system is and how unsafe it really is, to both passenger and cargo trains alike. Sounds like someone is threatening someone with these new "results" almost as if it's saying an accident to oil or passengers can happen anywhere and at anytime.

Then the Pipeline is built and magically the accidents disappear.

It just seems like something is going on.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm thinking the rail system is being overburdened, both by oil and the large crops from past years being sent along it.

I know in Western Canada they were mandated to move x amount of grain that is backlogged and sitting in farmers granaries. I'm also sure that the demand for them to run as many oil cars as they possibly can is a factor as well.

I'm sure there are other factors as well from other parts of the continent.

Maybe they are trying to run them too fast/run too many cars for the engines/rails to handle to push more through?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It might be cheapskate maintenance on the rail cars.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My reply would have to be the same as Warpig69. I also think that the derailments may be caused by supporters of the pipelines.
edit on 6-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I had dreams of trains crashing and had a feeling this would be happening a lot more. And it certainly has. Methinks it has to do with like...old tracks, the high speeds they sometimes go, and things like that. I don't think it's a coordinated effort to derail trains. That doesn't even make any sense. Trains derail for a plethora of reasons. I highly doubt the train drivers care about pipelines. They're on a timetable and derailing in a drag for everyone. I honestly think it has to do with the tracks. A train near me used to derail all of the time until they fixed the tracks in that area. Seems like maintenance is needed.

But really--crazy pipeline people? idk guys. Maybe in a minority of instances but I don't think that's the real problem here. More like infrastructure issues.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Agreed with you and Rickymouse.
Should become more clear with each derailment, no?

Here we thought we were the only ones wondering.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Crude oil carloads on the rails went from nearly nothing just a few years ago to around 500k carloads last year.
The price of oil has made domestic drilling profitable again.
You didn't have oil cars derail ten years ago because there wasn't any oil cars on the rails.

www.aar.org...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

That is a huge increase and does up the odds of a train accident. I wonder how common a train derailment is as it is a fairly common mode of transportation. I have helped clean up several with my father's business, they seemed to happen every few years. We lived by North Platte Nebraska where Union Pacific has their largest switching hub.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'd say if they're purposely derailed, the people who want the pipeline built so bad are behind it. What better way to sway public support for it than by showing just how dangerous hauling the oil by trains is?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
very simple ! just not spending money for maintaining the tracks....!
the US is suffering an poor infrastruckture.couse lack of money
edit on 6-5-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
very simple ! just not spending money for maintaining the tracks....!
the US is suffering an poor infrastruckture.couse lack of money

Yeah, no.
Railroads are privately owned and pay for their own repair and upkeep.
The 5 class 1 railroads spent $14 billion on infastructure in 2014. Not all was on track maintainence of course but a large chunk was. But you can always make the argument that it's never enough.

www.rtands.com...

On a point of interest, bnsf installed 3.8 million cross ties in 2014

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69

I keep thinking the trains are being purposely derailed to support building more pipelines across the country. With the TransCandada XL being tied up, they have to push public support for a safer alternative. Just my 2 cents.

BINGO!! A big tin foil sombrero for you my friend!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Instead of jumping to conclusions, is there any evidence or findings on why these trains are crashing? Any previous reports about the other train incidents around somewhere? I do expect the administration of the trains do want to know exactly what went wrong with each derailment.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Trains are derailing because the ground underneath the tracks is moving...the earth's crust is tearing hence all the sinkholes, earthquakes all over the place and loud booms. The tracks are buckling from crust displacement.

top topics

join