It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Oncoming Storm? The First Amendment Under Attack?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

That's the synopsis I get from your take, but honestly, Alex Jones doesn't have the capacity to lie, OR the filter to speak in a way carefully orchestrated for his audience to hear. You can believe otherwise, fine, but inspiring thousands of people to take a stand against a corrupt government is a good thing in my book.

This is probably one of the most naive things I've ever read in my life. Saying that someone doesn't have the capacity to lie is just ridiculous. Alex Jones is a human, of course he can lie. Not being able to lie would raise him above humans into some sort of god hood form. You are practically worshiping the words AJ says if you think that he can't lie.

Be careful of people telling you what you want to hear.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Alex Jones doesn't have the capacity to lie

Oh, but he does, and did…

We argued that out on the NLB thread.

He said "new law" when he was talking about an old law.

Big deal.

You don't get general big pictures, do you? You seem focused on tiny details all the time... and to say the stories themselves, in their whole entirety, aren't factual? Bs...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's the synopsis I get from your take, but honestly, Alex Jones doesn't have the capacity to lie, OR the filter to speak in a way carefully orchestrated for his audience to hear. You can believe otherwise, fine, but inspiring thousands of people to take a stand against a corrupt government is a good thing in my book.

This is probably one of the most naive things I've ever read in my life. Saying that someone doesn't have the capacity to lie is just ridiculous. Alex Jones is a human, of course he can lie. Not being able to lie would raise him above humans into some sort of god hood form. You are practically worshiping the words AJ says if you think that he can't lie.

I'm not saying he "can't lie."

That's too black-and-white.

I'm saying he doesn't have the tact, or I believe, the will to manipulate his audience with psychological tactics. Look up the term psychological manipulation and read how it's done. It's a calm process. Alex isn't calm.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You don't get general big pictures, do you?

Um… the entire video was about Jones lying about Net Neutrality. That's the big picture.
edit on 6-5-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It's about Drudge being under the scope, as well as Infowars being under legal attack

The only "evidence" for InfoWars being under "legal attack" is Alex Jones' ramblings. I don't believe it.

Plus YOUR website was attacked and brought down a few months ago, remember?

Yes. And there's no concrete evidence to suggest nefarious intent by anyone other than pranksters.

I don't think everything out of the guy's mouth is an evil pre-orchestrated lie, and who knows who attacked ATS? It's theory, that's why they call it conspiracy theorizing.

But just say Alex happens to be telling the truth, and someone out there wants the alternative media sites, who are willing to cover any story they can find, to go down. On a general, big scale, isn't that troublesome?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You don't get general big pictures, do you?

Um… the entire video was about Jones lying about Net Neutrality. That's the big picture.

Apart from the "new law" line... and that's a bit of a stretch...

What lies?

link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

But I don't think there's a manipulative spin on all the issues. I honestly think that they--Jones mainly--are so angry about everything, it becomes a jumbled ramble about how action needs to be taken. Some see it as fear mongering, but I personally find it inspiring.

It is Alex Jones' job to fear monger. Ever looked at his biggest advertisers?

Gold and Silver companies
Survival gear, seeds and food storage...etc.

It is in his best interest to scare people in to believing all hell is about to break loose so that they spend money with his advertisers, or purchase items from his own supplement line in case Fukashima radiation comes to the US.

Passionate? Yes. Honest? No.

He has been caught lying many times.

Hell, he caused a lot of people to panic on Y2K, saying that nuclear weapons had been deployed and all sorts of garbage.

I don't know why people believe half of the stuff he says. He doesn't even believe most of what he says. He just wants the money to keep rolling in.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm not saying he "can't lie."

That's too black-and-white.

I'm saying he doesn't have the tact, or I believe, the will to manipulate his audience with psychological tactics. Look up the term psychological manipulation and read how it's done. It's a calm process. Alex isn't calm.

That's where you are wrong. Psychological manipulation is done in any way that the speaker can to get into the listener's head. Clearly it is working on you because here you are defending Alex Jones like he is beyond reproach. This is why I said to beware of people who tell you what you want to hear. You need to be the MOST critical of those people's ideas and thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

But I don't think there's a manipulative spin on all the issues. I honestly think that they--Jones mainly--are so angry about everything, it becomes a jumbled ramble about how action needs to be taken. Some see it as fear mongering, but I personally find it inspiring.

It is Alex Jones' job to fear monger. Ever looked at his biggest advertisers?

Gold and Silver companies
Survival gear, seeds and food storage...etc.

It is in his best interest to scare people in to believing all hell is about to break loose so that they spend money with his advertisers, or purchase items from his own supplement line in case Fukashima radiation comes to the US.

Passionate? Yes. Honest? No.

He has been caught lying many times.

Hell, he caused a lot of people to panic on Y2K, saying that nuclear weapons had been deployed and all sorts of garbage.

I don't know why people believe half of the stuff he says. He doesn't even believe most of what he says. He just wants the money to keep rolling in.

I've had this argument more times than I've blinked in my lifetime. Seriously... I saw how he began, no budget, one camera, and he climbed up. He's not a saint,. but he's not a souless business man either. Plus his products aren't overpriced garbage; they work, and they're all intended for health benefits. What's bad about that?

And what ever happened to the actual topic of this thread, for that matter?

Shyz.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm not going to argue the point, but I think most all understand that "they" can do pretty much anything they want to and if challenged, the Supreme's have their back.

Its only a matter of time.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes. The all mysterious "they". The super secret club that secretly runs the world. Except no one knows who these people are in a world that leaks secrets like a sieve.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Both make up stories, both lie to you, and both rely on your need to confirm bias for their audience retention.

Can you be specific in which lies he has engaged in.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Here's an ATS thread that talks about 26 lies that AJ told.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I fear there is no point in discussing this topic with you anymore. This is just more sensationalist BS from Jones and considering his track record, I dismiss anything he says unless it can be backed by evidence. This will most likely pass and he will move on to his next topic.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
so much for this being a jones slam fest, waiting for you to ask the mods to delete.

Aj is nothing but a snake oil saleman and wants you to buy his DVD's and anything else he can sell you.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How about getting the man on here so he can answer himself why he said the things he did in a "Hi I'm Alex Jones ask me anything" thread.
It might clear up a few things.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Hey if he wants to stop by and defend himself, that's fine. You asked what lies he's said exactly and I gave you a prior discussion of 26 of them. Lies are lies regardless if they are rationalized by the liar or not.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How about getting the man on here so he can answer himself why he said the things he did in a "Hi I'm Alex Jones ask me anything" thread.
It might clear up a few things.

why would anyone here WANT to ask alex jones anything....we all pretty much know his shtick...here's how it would go....you would ask him a reasonable question, he would answer with his own question to you with "being a sheeple"...."you don't know the truth"...."you're a hack for the government"...."you're delusional"....something along those lines.....Limbaugh is just a nasty, mean, fat, bigoted, drug addict, pulling in 25 million a year talking on the radio 3 hours live, and 3 hours repeated, five days a week, refusing to have guests, refusing to have anyone question him, and personally insulting anyone that doesn't agree with his take on life.
edit on 6-5-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

"They" are talking about shutting down Drudge Report because now, apparently, political speech is not covered by the first amendment.

Ummmm. Political speech is the ONLY thing covered by the First Amendment...

I thought it was also freedom of religion.

Sorry, I was being too vague. I was only addressing the speech portion of the Amendment.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The "hysteria" is just anger.

No, it's performance.

Just as Rush Limbaugh is a conservative performer (he admitted it a while back), Jones is a conspiracy performer. Both make up stories, both lie to you, and both rely on your need to confirm bias for their audience retention.

All truth is subjective in nature........Perspective. That being said the Net Neutrality issue is far from being decided by many people including myself. I distrust TPTB because they have used things like this in the past to further agendas and take away liberty.

As you pointed out they are pushing truths but so are our.....Only time can tell who is right or wrong on this issue.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join