It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slide - First Look without paying $15

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Funny how none of the "experts" that have been looking at this for so long failed to noticed the sign!

edit on 9-5-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blagdhalia
Seems like now the slide promoters are calling photoshop fakery work by the people that de-blurred the placard:

slideboxmedia.com...

Anyone that wants to independently verify the work of "the people that de-blurred the placard" may want to see my new thread HERE which includes instructions on how to duplicate the work at home to read the placard visible in the "Roswell Slides" in under 2 minutes by using some free software USING AN IMAGE OF THE PLACARD ON THE WEBSITE OF THE PROMOTERS OF THE SLIDES.

I hope some of you will be able to spare that time to help independently deal with the suggestion of fakery.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
dont really get this... who cares about text from the placard..... the owner of this private collection might have unknowingly misclassified what he has in his possession.... the cards text can be wrong regardless from wheter or not this is an alien body or not.... Dna testing is what we need, and even that is hard because we have no alien comparitive dna samples.... so even if its dna was slightly different in its make up or percentages of what normal humans have, we cant yell hoax to soon. the acame dessert figure was suppossedly very close to human dna but not quite... we just dont have an alien dna sample to compare with in the mainstream science realm.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Of course its fake.

If it was real, then the people who released it would be in jail right now for attempting to make highly classified information public and this whole 'Roswell slide' thing would've been shut down ages ago.

The whole 'Roswell UFO' conspiracy is just a bit of harmless science fiction role play. It's a commodity that has made a small town of 50 thousand people notoriously famous worldwide, it would bring in a lot of revenue in for the city of Roswell. So I really don't see anything unethical about it.

There's lots of people out there that are fascinated with UFO's & aliens, most of them seem to be satisfied with just a good story, rather than any actual evidence. So why not just give it to them, while stimulating the local economy?

lol, let's face it, organized religion has been doing the same thing for thousands of years.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: blagdhalia
Seems like now the slide promoters are calling photoshop fakery work by the people that de-blurred the placard:

slideboxmedia.com...

Anyone that wants to independently verify the work of "the people that de-blurred the placard" may want to see my new thread HERE which includes instructions on how to duplicate the work at home to read the placard visible in the "Roswell Slides" in under 2 minutes by using some free software USING AN IMAGE OF THE PLACARD ON THE WEBSITE OF THE PROMOTERS OF THE SLIDES.

I hope some of you will be able to spare that time to help independently deal with the suggestion of fakery.

I am man enough to say my accusation of fakery was out of line. Whomever you have using Smart Deblur knows a great deal about it use of custom kernel images and got you the best results. Did you have help from the Smart Deblur developer? I used your custom kernel image and it was something I'd only seen the developer of this accomplish. Kudos to whomever did the custom kernel image for you. That was the key to unraveling this without question.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dennisarends

Looks like a child mummy.

People recognized it as such.

Deliberately obscured placard labels it as such.

Your need to believe based on nothing is impressive.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Funny how none of the "experts" that have been looking at this for so long failed to noticed the sign!

If you didn't have the expertise that Nab Lator had (and you don't) to use a custom blur model kernel in the Smart Deblur software you'd get the same results everyone else got...still a blurred image. You are way underestimating the knowledge or patience Nab brought to that software to Deblur the image.
edit on 10-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I just don't see how you can claim "honest mistake" on this one, I smell a total scam from start to finish.

Agreed. And it really, truly saddens me to see that there are people who want so badly for it to be true that they will make any and every excuse for the people who are doing this. It doesn't seem to occur to them that they are only making it that much harder to obtain the ever-elusive truth they are chasing in the first place.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hesse
The body in that picture has no features at all that could be described as alien. Looks more like a mumy child they stole from some mayan tomb.
So where are the other pics?

Bumping for emphasis on this question.

We have the whole circus of pseudo-skeptics rallying to debunk these slides and an entire website built around debunking....1 picture.

Where are the rest of the slides? How could any of you build an opinion on the collection of these slide images when you've ONLY SEEN ONE IMAGE?

Was the single image we've seen a hoax? Hey, I won't rule it out. It probably is. But we still haven't seen the rest of them and the pseudo-debunker community seems content to sit smug on the issue as "debunked" without ever having done more than tear apart a single image.

WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE IMAGES?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

...Oh dear.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

...Oh dear.

What? I've already conceded that the single image publicized is a fraud. Why would anyone be worried about debunking the remaining photos? Why does interest in this subject begin and end with the single publicized photo?

Surely it should be no big deal to do the same with the remaining photos, yes? The ATS "community" wants this matter to die a quiet death without delving deeper than 1 single photo.

Remember, "Roswell Slides", slides...plural. We've only seen 1 image and yep it was torn to shreds. Does ANYONE else want to see the remaining images? Seems pretty suspect that anyone would want to DISCOURAGE the rest of us from investigating any further. Wonder why?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss
Surely it should be no big deal to do the same with the remaining photos, yes? The ATS "community" wants this matter to die a quiet death without delving deeper than 1 single photo.

Remember, "Roswell Slides", slides...plural. We've only seen 1 image and yep it was torn to shreds. Does ANYONE else want to see the remaining images? Seems pretty suspect that anyone would want to DISCOURAGE the rest of us from investigating any further. Wonder why?

While you are of course free to investigate further, as I've said elsewhere, there are 2 slides that have been released showing the being/mummy - both of which have been considered.

(This thread is one of the oldest regarding the slides and is now a little incomplete/out-of-date).
edit on 20-5-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

if you are going to weigh in - please at least have the decency to be familiar with the topic :

there were > 400 slides atributed at bernard and hilda ray - a texan couple .

only 2 of these were alledged to have a " link to roswell " and were claimed to show an alledged alien

both slides were esentially the same composition - with differences in lighting , exposure and quality .

despite the grandois claims made about these 2 slides - it was apparent that the more prosaic explaination of :

the slides show a human mummy [ origin undetermined ] in a museum environment [ idenity undetermined ]

would be the correct interpretation

thanks to the work of the study group , other skeptics and ATS members - this explaination was demonstrated to be true - and the museum / mummy origin etc and the text of the placard were all revealed

this leaves the " roswell slides " dead in the water - the other 400 + are meerly a fascinating insite into the years following WW2

so - would you like to try again ?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroPropulsion

I don't discount that possibility but in this case the slides were a hoax weren't they?

It has always bothered me that in many science fiction movies and tv shows, aliens are depicted as humanoids. We are so anthropomorphic that we seem to find it hard to imagine intelligent life forms that do not look like us.

It took us a while to realize that the Earth wasn't the centre of the universe, it looks like this is another one of those paradigm hurdles we will have to get past.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join