It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slide - First Look without paying $15

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: doggoneit666

how about us having alien dna in us that could stem from these humanoid creatures from far off planets? But i guess that's too far "out there" for such rational thinking people like yourself.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm concerned with Richard Dolan's opinion on the presentation and slide(s). I consider him a pretty good researcher and now this? I'm kind of ticked off at ufology right now.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Dolan is now in the same category of Hoagland, et al. The site Blue Blurry Lines exposed their results of their deblurring of the placard; it reads, top line, "Mummified remains of a two year old boy". They also deciphered most of the rest of the placard text, with "Museum" on the bottom line. Coffin - meet nail. www.blueblurrylines.com... a reply to: johnthejedi24

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Its from the million dollar musuem in whites city, nm. You can see it at about 2:30 in this video. m.youtube.com...

edit on 9-5-2015 by dickcox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ha! Yeah, looks like that could be it. These fools can't think beyond the state line of New Mexico to find their latest hoax.a reply to: dickcox

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dickcox
Its from the million dollar musuem in whites city, nm. You can see it at about 2:30 in this video. m.youtube.com...

At 2.37 it is similar not the same one head is different (wrong leg broke isn't it?) and they have it as an alien another kid I guess?
The length of arm on the "alien" does seem very short, I will not make any closed decision until I have all of the facts.

edit on 9-5-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dickcox

Another contender
www.blueblurrylines.com...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's astounding how "experts" who I would guess have a vested interest (either world view, belief/need to believe, or financial) always seem to miss the most obvious and critical evidence when they analyse anything "alien". Seriously, the "expert wars" Ufology goes through are usually laughable but this one is just beyond anything I've seen in 30+ years of observing and researching this phenom.

I understand how the euphoria of discovery can overwhelm critical thought, initially, but these people had these slides for what? 6 months, a year? I just don't see how you can claim "honest mistake" on this one, I smell a total scam from start to finish. A total scam that was so embarrassingly exposed I have to question the existence of any intelligence of those who thought they'd get away with it.

Just another day in woo woo land I guess.

ETA: Here's the site that original report can read on: www.roswellslides.com...
edit on 5-9-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Loaned by the MR. Xxxxxx, San Francisco, California

I would suppose the owners of this mummy would have to have been found and paid off or surely someone would come forward, if they didn't expect that it would be odd.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Not really...

If the picture is from the 1940's or 1950's and was taken by tourists (as appears to be the case) the owners of the mummy may not even be alive still, not to mention there are several child mummies on display so I imagine there are thousands of child mummy pictures in existence.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Char-Lee

Not really...

If the picture is from the 1940's or 1950's and was taken by tourists (as appears to be the case) the owners of the mummy may not even be alive still, not to mention there are several child mummies on display so I imagine there are thousands of child mummy pictures in existence.

I would still think it would be somewhere and recognizable, there are many but none seem to be identical.
I suppose if I am right someone eventually will come forward. The sign with the unrecognizable name may lead somewhere. Someone in SF CA owned a child mummy, within my lifetime surely others knew them.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
it could just as well been taken from a private collector, having invited or knowing the couple....
and the collector could not even know himself what it is he has there and mis labelled it.
it might be the reason people where invited there, for the collector himself to fid out more
about his prize.

we just need more info

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

But they did get away with it. People paid the price of admission.

Another devastating blow to serious UFOlogy, if such a thing remains.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
James Oberg posted this on the other thread. Looks like curtains on the mystery.

Curtains

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

I have been sitting here trying to understand how anything you are going on about could possibly be related to the topic of this thread. I am not a skeptic at all and am willing to embrace all kinds of possibilities, but honestly...you have to be aware on some level that hijacking a thread this way to spout a bunch of completely irrelevant, crazy-sounding rhetoric from some alleged "time traveler" who posted a few threads on a forum and then disappeared right before she was supposed to make a video of herself proving her telekinetic abilities does absolutely ZERO for your personal credibility.

Not only that, but it also hurts everyone else who is actually looking for the truth by propagating the stereotype that we are all a bunch of raving lunatics here for the sole purpose of being mocked and jeered at by those who do not share our belief in extraterrestrial life on this planet. In fact, the more I read, the more I wonder if this is not a deliberate derailment specifically designed to confuse and distract...in which case, you're doing a bang-up job. I cannot fathom why the mods haven't shut your little sideshow down yet, but it would be great if you'd stop it. Take that garbage somewhere else, seriously.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I don't think it does. From where I'm sitting, watching the antics of a once respectable UFO historian and others try to cling to the flimsiest of excuses, serious UFOlogy died a long time ago and this incident is only the final nail in the coffin. UFOlogy will never recover from this, not as long as people continue to allow charlatans like Maussan get away with # like this.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Seems like now the slide promoters are calling photoshop fakery work by the people that de-blurred the placard:

slideboxmedia.com...

They have some comparison screenshots from their version of the placard being run through de-blurring software and it shows something completely different. Looks like a good ol' fashion internet war lol.
edit on 9-5-2015 by blagdhalia because: more info

edit on 9-5-2015 by blagdhalia because: none.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blagdhalia

Right, like the slide promoters haven't already altered the image in Photoshop themselves. See Jaime and his blank placard image. This is done. They've been exposed as frauds. Time to move on.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blagdhalia
Seems like now the slide promoters are calling photoshop fakery work by the people that de-blurred the placard:

slideboxmedia.com...

They have some comparison screenshots from their version of the placard being run through de-blurring software and it shows something completely different. Looks like a good ol' fashion internet war lol.

What a minute. If The "Roswell Slide Team" cannot show their process of how they enhanced the image, along with the settings for Smart DeBlur, then they are suspect as well. On the Slidebox Media site they show the same Smart Deblur software with wildly different results. I too use Photoshop everyday for my work and I tried it out too. What did I find? SlideBox Media was right. The "Roswell Slide Team" was inserting a text image over the placard; in essence making their own fake.

This thing is turning into a hall of mirrors. I'm going to get my popcorn to watch this battle.

My try at the Smart Deblur.

NOTE: The Roswell Slide Team seems to show the text blurring at a 45 angle upward and their fake text is blurred over the placard that way, but you can clearly see from my screenshot of Smart Deblur software that the motion blur of the camera is side to side. Look at the blur model analysis the software made in the black box on the left in the screenshot.

My feeling is the text on the placard looks like it was cursive written text that is blurry from a side to side from the motion of the camera.
edit on 9-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

You can find the Roswell Slide Team's demonstration of how they translated the placard here:

As you can see, Dew, Maussan, et al, are busted.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join