It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Lunches - My Son Voices Opinion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

School administrators are getting 6 digits salaries, yet the children are getting nasty lunches?

That right there about explains it all...it's all about the money. Perhaps someone should look into who's getting the contract and links...just sayin'...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Well yes, when I was in primary school, which was much closer to home, I did end up going home for lunch every now and again, what with home being approximately six minutes from school.

I can assure you, where Mrs T. is concerned, I have a different name for her, than Milk Snatcher. I will not be repeating it here however, because to do so would endanger my membership of this august body of critical thinkers, such is the offensive nature of its structure.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think I got picked on every single year til high school..I was either being called bird legs(I remember that the most because I think that lasted almost two years..) or was having my name made fun of and God forbid when I got boobs in the 5th grade and had to be embarrassed about it because no one would stop staring at me.. I really just wanted to hide that year and never go to school again..

But school back then was always rough - one year in the 7th grade I had a bully follow me around and punch me periodically for fun. My sister had to threaten to beat her up in order to get that to stop (told her if she wanted to pick on someone then she should pick on someone her own size, to wit, my sister was available if she thought she might like to.. lol) which was just as embarrassing as being picked on I think, Its not like the entire school didn't witness that.

In high school my nickname was "the brain" but by then it was more in love and acceptance since I was also one of the cool kids by then - not sure how I made that crowd but it happened at some point... I guess every cool kid crowd needs at least one "brain"

But, we did get tougher as a result of all that, and entered into adulthood with only a few scars, and much more compassion toward other people usually as a result - so it wasn't too bad for us in the end.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join