It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: beezzer

Where have I said anything about stripping rights away from her? Since when is speaking condemnation against someone, stripping the right to lobby the government away from them?

You stated. .

"It's not about being afraid of her success beezzer... It's about the fact that she is doing it in the first place"

Not me.

I was only "agreeing" with you to illustrate your point.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: beezzer

It's not about being afraid of her success beezzer... It's about the fact that she is doing it in the first place. Of course the lawsuit will go nowhere, it CAN'T go anywhere. The mere fact that the defendant is listed as "all homosexuals" means it can't go anywhere. The problem is that she is trying to usurp the Constitution with her "righteous" beliefs. She should get the same condemnation as any terrorist trying the same through violence. Just because her attempt is non-violent doesn't mean she should get away with it.

You are right.

She should not have the freedom to express herself legally.

I don't know what I was thinking.

She has every right to bring a case as ridiculous as this to court. And the judge has every right to laugh her and her "righteous fervor" out of the courtroom after he/she gives this bigot a crash course on constitutional law.

Yes.

Simple, isn't it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

All you are doing is saying that I'm wrong, then refusing to elaborate on why. You address absolutely NONE of my points and then finally reiterate how not-so-secretly smug you are that you are somehow smarter than me with this knowledge you refuse to share.

I can't help it that you cannot comprehend the difference between the Natural Law, and the laws of nature.

They are NOT the same.

That IS the point. You just don't get it.

I know EXACTLY what you are getting at and implying. Did you honestly think that me playing coy with you was me being ignorant of what you meant?

It's funny how you keep insisting that Natural (*ahem* a word that contains the word "nature") Laws aren't the same as the laws of nature just so you can push your flimsy reasoning that god condemns homosexuality. Dude, Jesus doesn't even condemn homosexuality.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I know what I said and at no point did it imply I wanted to strip rights away from her.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

freedom of expression is not freedom to misuse the legal system.

do you disagree that that is exactly what this nebraska woman is doing?

I'm not a judge (nor jury, nor executioner as so many apparently are)

I'll leave that to the judge and the legal system to determine.

Our legal system is set up to mirror the opinions of the people who accept to live under it's rule. It's kind of important to have an opinion on what is a frivolous use of it. Especially if your going to join in the discussion.

This is a serious forum where we share our collective opinions to see if we can come to an agreement on what can be considered wrong and right. Coming to a consensus is usually not possible but having an opinion is unavoidable. Keeping that opinion to yourself is a sign that you don't know enough to be confident about it.

There is no middle ground on this issue though. We either have good reason to believe in gods or there is not. I'm not calling for killings or forced education. Just better education. Focus on science and proper methodology. Religion will fall apart when kids aren't presented it as fact. Keep it in mythology courses along with greek and roman. Thats all it would take.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Our legal system is set up to mirror the opinions of the people who accept to live under it's rule. It's kind of important to have an opinion on what is a frivolous use of it. Especially if your going to join in the discussion.

My opinion? It's silly, but I'm not a judge. I think most lawsuits are stupid.

This is a serious forum where we share our collective opinions to see if we can come to an agreement on what can be considered wrong and right. Coming to a consensus is usually not possible but having an opinion is unavoidable. Keeping that opinion to yourself is a sign that you don't know enough to be confident about it.

Oh, I'll admit I'm not as bright as the mensa giants here. As for a serious forum? You can post seriously, Imma gonna have fun, it's how I roll.

There is no middle ground on this issue though. We either have good reason to believe in gods or there is not. I'm not calling for killings or forced education. Just better education. Focus on science and proper methodology. Religion will fall apart when kids aren't presented it as fact. Keep it in mythology courses along with greek and roman. Thats all it would take.

Stating that there is no middle ground might paint you as an extremist, but then again, I'm not as smarterest as everyone else.
It's none of your damned business why someone should or does have faith.

It's your right to believe that way, just don't push your beliefs onto me. Kay?
edit on 6-5-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How would one go about informing the court that any judgement in God's favor must be forwarded to me on the basis of several injuries to my property that courts have already determined to be acts of God?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Will likely be thrown out of court if it even makes it passed the clerk.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

An excellent question, WakeUp.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My opinion? It's silly, but I'm not a judge. I think most lawsuits are stupid.

Oh, I'll admit I'm not as bright as the mensa giants here. As for a serious forum? You can post seriously, Imma gonna have fun, it's how I roll.

Stating that there is no middle ground might paint you as an extremist, but then again, I'm not as smarterest as everyone else.
It's none of your damned business why someone should or does have faith.

It's your right to believe that way, just don't push your beliefs onto me. Kay?

Again. No one is pushing their beliefs on you. We are having a discussion. It is my business that so many of my elected officials have faith based beliefs.

Calling me an extremist is childish. Even coming from someone who plays at being a real rabbit in online forums.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm not a "rabbit".

I'm a Puka. S'okay, many make that mistake.

And if you have an issue with elected officials having faith then might I suggest voting for those that have no faith.

(giggles at what I just wrote)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No politician in their right mind today would ever come out as an atheist. The media circus that would result would be catastrophic. I could see the headlines now "Senator Railgun: Worse than Satanists? At least they believe in SOMETHING"

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm not a "rabbit".

And if you have an issue with elected officials having faith then might I suggest voting for those that have no faith.

Keep those fingers in those ears man. There is an entire world going on around you. I guess it's safer to pretend your some kind of fluffy cloud animal than deal with reality. Have fun feeding your kids with rainbows or whatever you do. I'm sure that will make the world better.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No politician in their right mind today would ever come out as an atheist. The media circus that would result would be catastrophic. I could see the headlines now "Senator Railgun: Worse than Satanists? At least they believe in SOMETHING"

That's because we don't vote for the best person for the job, we vote for the poerson most like us.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm not a "rabbit".

Keep those fingers in those ears man. There is an entire world going on around you. I guess it's safer to pretend your some kind of fluffy cloud animal than deal with reality. Have fun eating rainbows or whatever you do. I'm sure that will make the world better.

Word, brah!

*fist bump*

High five.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's because we don't vote for the best person for the job, we vote for the poerson most like us.

We vote for one of the two sock puppets that can garner the most cash for their respective parties.

Also a good reason to educate people better.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We vote for one of the two sock puppets that can garner the most cash for their respective parties.

Also a good reason to educate people better.
Educated people are dangerous. The elite prefer people JUST smart enough to perform their jobs but not question why things are the way they are.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
in the order of things, what you believe is no one else's business and it follows that you have no business trying to preach what you believe to others. If the world was really like this, imagine how so much more peaceful the world would be.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

for some reason I am concluding from you words that people who believe in a god or gods are just not as intelligent than you or in some other way defective?? maybe I am reading too much into your words.
I do believe there is/are god or gods. Only mine might be a tad different from someone else who believes in him/them. and well when it comes to those differences, neither can be proven right or wrong. It's just something imbedded into the consciousness of humans that there is something greater that has all the answers that we don't have yet that we use to explain the supernatural. Until we can explain those events in our lives that have no explanation, the world of gods, myths and legends will thrive in one form or another. so no focusing only on the accepted sciences and proper methodology will not cause religion to fall apart, it will only cause it to slowly transform into something that corresponds more closely to the accepted sciences of the time. at least until the point where our sciences can explain all the unexplainable in the world.
the problem isn't that some believe in god or gods, it's that so many think that since this is what they believe, well they are right, they know that they are right, and well therefore everyone else should believe the same way. when in fact the the world of possibilities is wide open!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
in the order of things, what you believe is no one else's business and it follows that you have no business trying to preach what you believe to others. If the world was really like this, imagine how so much more peaceful the world would be.

i think you are confusing peaceful with silent.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join