It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

They can't, but even if they could, they shouldn't. What goes on between consenting adults is nobody's business and insinuating yourself upon it is micromanaging of an all too dictatorial style. Just can't really force morality on others, and they're not hurting anyone. I don't understand why people still care. Wouldn't God just... Kill all gay folks if he disagreed? And if Sodom and Gomorrah is a basis for things, then maybe folks misinterpreted it because we're all still here.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
These type cases don't cost taxpayers anything. Filing fee around $75.00 which the plaintiff pays, and since I predict they will be in the courtroom less than 15 minutes, court costs will be around $80.00, which the Plaintiff also pays, and whatever she pays her own attorney, if she can find one to represent her.

If there is an attorney for the "Defendant", I'm sure he won't argue with the Judge over the dismissal.

She is the only person who will actually pay any money to the court.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just received a message from Jesus.

He said: "Not in my name".

End of message.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I just received a message from Jesus.

He said: "Not in my name".

End of message.

He's sent that out so much in the last 2000 years that he just uses a stamp now.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That's based on the assumption that the judge is going to dismiss this case outright.

It's also assuming that the judge is going to nail this woman with all court costs rather than waive some (or all) of them.

And it's also assuming that this judge doesn't give a damn if by him doing so, turns this case into a public outcry from the religious right for being such a 'tyrant'. Particularly now that this case is in the newspapers.

And last but not least, 15 minutes in a courtroom costs a hell of a lot more than $80.

But you might be right, this judge may get pissed right off and set this woman as an example to deter any future ridiculous cases like this hitting his courtroom.

Hopefully the appointed judge puts more emphasis on "wasting the court's time" and less on who his voting electorates are.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yes, I lost my nerve when reporting the fact that the stamp was made of rubber. You know, connotations of rubber and such.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think the judge should hear her case then 'boop" her on the head with the wood hammer he always has with him.

But then afterwards, he should "boop" every case and plaintiff that pisses people off on ATS.

He can be the "Avenger Booper of justice".

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Yes, I lost my nerve when reporting the fact that the stamp was made of rubber. You know, connotations of rubber and such.

You're assuming that Jesus is Catholic.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I think the judge should hear her case then 'boop" her on the head with the wood hammer he always has with him.

But then afterwards, he should "boop" every case and plaintiff that pisses people off on ATS.

He can be the "Avenger Booper of justice".

He could be called the Gaveler, like a super hero. Have gavel will bop.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I assume nothing, oh wait, maybe I do!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yes, my assumption is indeed that he will dismiss the case outright.

All the Plaintiffs named in the suit will be responsible for attorney's fees and court costs. "ALL the court costs" doesn't include attorney's fees. They just really cover the cost of engaging the courtroom, and a few minutes in a courtroom is probably not as costly as you might think. If they hire a court reporter it might be slightly more to type the dialogue, but I just don't think Judges tolerate these type frivolous lawsuits very well. They don't have time, unless of course he's interested in publicity, which I somewhat doubt.

I think people who are looking for a huge uprising from moderate Christians will be disappointed. Westboro might be there. I hear they perform for free.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Yes, but if they are parted with said money where they can no longer contribute to say a bigot who was found guilty of discrimination or for once having to worry more about what is important, not what their neighbors are doing, but their own back yard and house.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

That's the thing with Gofundme. $10/per can really add up.

Side note. Is "SD" San Diego or South Dakota? I've been wondering that forever.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Religion breeds nothing but division & justification for hate.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Soo...this happened.

Source

Sylvia Driskell, a 66-year-old woman in Nebraska, has filed a lawsuit against all people who identify as LGBT, the Omaha World-Herald Reports. In a case filed on May 1 with the district court in Omaha, called, “Driskell v. Homosexuals,” Driskell identifed herself as an ambassador for “God, And His, Son, Jesus Christ” as the plaintiff. The defendants? “Homosexuals; Their Given Name Homosexuals; Their, [alias] Gay.”

It would be really hard to make this stuff up. I really hope the Judge is soft and doesn't laugh her out of court during the first day. If anybody actually hears the thing at all.

“Why are judges passing laws, so sinners can break religious, and moral laws. Will all the judges of this Nation, judge God to be a lier (sic.). For God has said, that all unrighteousness is sin, And that homosexuality is abomination.”

Yes, YOUR morality isn't important to 99% of the world.

At least you're standing up for your convictions I guess.

~Tenth

Somewhere God just face palmed... lol.

Also, for EVERYONE's edification, this is a perfect example that in fact it is some Christians in the US who are trying to suppress other peoples, to subject everyone to their Christian 'shariah', and make laws conform to their religion, NOT the other way around.

Let it be known for posterity. I don't want to see one more post on ATS about Christian's being victimized in the US.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Has the statute of limitation for God's genocides come and gone?

No remember that according to orthodox Jews and evangelical Christians "God" and the Israelites could never have committed "genocide," because as long as the OT says it was okay, and says that the Canaanites were defiled and the Israelites were the chosen people, it's ALL GOOD!

Cue the Christian apologists in 3...2...1...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiggerDogg

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Has the statute of limitation for God's genocides come and gone?

Nice.

God hasn't perpetrated any genocides. The crimes men choose to commit with their own free will is their failing alone.

False, the God of the OT can be charged with conspiring and leading a campaign to eradicate every man, woman, and child of the Canaanites. It's all in the Old Testament.

He commanded the Israelites to do so.

Or have you not actually read the Bible?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

As of press time, the nation’s gay population had not filed a response to the lawsuit

OP's Source.

Looks like she might very well be there by herself anyway! What an idiot.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

As of press time, the nation’s gay population had not filed a response to the lawsuit

OP's Source.

That's sad. Anyone have some stale saltines and Mad Dog 2020?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

LOL... I just pictured that in my head:

"Your honour, I'm here on behalf of our good lord Jesus Christ to bring to your attention this diabolical nightmare happening everywhere in our country..."

*crickets*

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join