It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Woman - Representing God & Jesus - Files Lawsuit Against "All Homosexuals"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes, I am absolutely sure that an omnipotent being needs to have this dunce of a woman defend its rights in a system that is so flawed and convoluted, it needs to have other flawed individuals constantly argue about it.

Wake up folks we are all humans and need to be able to do whatever we want as long as it does not negatively affect other humans from doing the same.

Oh, please eliminate the main reason for the 'gay rights movement' ; taxes!
Married, Single should not matter when paying a forced slave tithe.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

US Politicians that are atheist

They do actually exist.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

All I can say is wow, but this American you can try, I hope she gets a physiological evaluation to make sure that her state of mind is stable..

I think I am going to file a law sue in behave of the rock I have in my back yard they are very angry that somebody move them from their original site.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
in the order of things, what you believe is no one else's business and it follows that you have no business trying to preach what you believe to others. If the world was really like this, imagine how so much more peaceful the world would be.

The world is divided and dangerous because there are so many people who have been prohibited a real education. They are divided because they aren't given the actual facts but rather are forced to believe what can't be proven. They don't seek out contrary info for fear they will be ostricized from their families and communities as is required of them via the religious texts. Some religions require death be administered to those who leave.

They all teach to look on the unbelievers with pity or disdain. Centuries of this practice going on has led to a society of people who are trapped in a circle of illogical explanations because they cannot reckon their beliefs with the facts of science. There are facts that you cannot just throw out the window without actually ignoring reality.

The whole premise that this lady needs to bring god to court, inevitably leads one to conclude that there is no god in the context she assumes there to be one.

link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

well one could argue that homosexuals along with birth control is harming the big corps from an abundance of cheap low cost english speaking labor???

link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Woodcarver

I'm not a "rabbit".

I'm a Puka. S'okay, many make that mistake.

And if you have an issue with elected officials having faith then might I suggest voting for those that have no faith.

(giggles at what I just wrote)

Keep those fingers in those ears man. There is an entire world going on around you. I guess it's safer to pretend your some kind of fluffy cloud animal than deal with reality. Have fun feeding your kids with rainbows or whatever you do. I'm sure that will make the world better.

Don't underestimate the guy you're talking to Woodcarver. He's a bit sharper than you might imagine. I have first hand experience. Sorry to blow your cover Beez.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks Klass.

Sometimes it's better to just let people speak.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

...Sorry, man.

Hate like this...

*sigh*

I'm going to hope that this is tossed out, and she gets a bill for all the wasted time.

*sigh*

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: notmyrealname

well one could argue that homosexuals along with birth control is harming the big corps from an abundance of cheap low cost english speaking labor???

Yes, I agree that "one could argue" however, that would not be a sound or valid argument. Birth control has and will always exist whether it be a conscious choice or a bus that carries it out. In addition, since when do religion promote or detract from matters such as low cost labor or speaking English?

More importantly, why am I responding to this statement? There must be a reflection for me here somewhere….

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There is no middle ground on this issue though. We either have good reason to believe in gods or there is not. I'm not calling for killings or forced education. Just better education. Focus on science and proper methodology. Religion will fall apart when kids aren't presented it as fact. Keep it in mythology courses along with greek and roman. Thats all it would take.

for some reason I am concluding from you words that people who believe in a god or gods are just not as intelligent than you or in some other way defective?? maybe I am reading too much into your words.
I do believe there is/are god or gods. Only mine might be a tad different from someone else who believes in him/them. and well when it comes to those differences, neither can be proven right or wrong. It's just something imbedded into the consciousness of humans that there is something greater that has all the answers that we don't have yet that we use to explain the supernatural. Until we can explain those events in our lives that have no explanation, the world of gods, myths and legends will thrive in one form or another. so no focusing only on the accepted sciences and proper methodology will not cause religion to fall apart, it will only cause it to slowly transform into something that corresponds more closely to the accepted sciences of the time. at least until the point where our sciences can explain all the unexplainable in the world.
the problem isn't that some believe in god or gods, it's that so many think that since this is what they believe, well they are right, they know that they are right, and well therefore everyone else should believe the same way. when in fact the the world of possibilities is wide open!

My point is that people who believe in gods think they have a god given right to change the world to be what they percieve their gods to want. It's the ultimate scapegoat. What higher authority can one claim? But none of them can prove their god is real. I don't have to prove their god isn't real. That's not how logic works.

When they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that their god is real, we'll start talking about it as fact. They have had thousands of years to bring forth solid arguments and they have come up with zilch. Until that time, which isn't coming, we should do everything we can to point out the flaws and mistakes in reason which allow these ideas to take root.

I would much rather have something that matches the accepted science of today instead of something that resembles what people thought thousands of years ago. Wouldn't that be some well deserved progress?
edit on 6-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: beezzer

I'm not a "rabbit".

I'm a Puka. S'okay, many make that mistake.

And if you have an issue with elected officials having faith then might I suggest voting for those that have no faith.

(giggles at what I just wrote)

Keep those fingers in those ears man. There is an entire world going on around you. I guess it's safer to pretend your some kind of fluffy cloud animal than deal with reality. Have fun feeding your kids with rainbows or whatever you do. I'm sure that will make the world better.

Don't underestimate the guy you're talking to Woodcarver. He's a bit sharper than you might imagine. I have first hand experience. Sorry to blow your cover Beez.
I'm aware of beezers history here. I won't let that get in the way of pointing out the flaws in his part of the discussion. If he were as sharp as you claim, he would address my very valid points instead of retreating to his safe place.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Okay, folks....been following this thread.

I wondered this morning, and I'm wondering now -
Did this semi-literate woman state what she is "seeking" in damages?

Does she just want the Supreme Court to outlaw homosexuals?
Does she expect them to "pay up" some ridiculous amount of money?

Is she in therapy and going to ask the homosexual cohort to foot the bill for all of the angst and pain and suffering she's "enduring"?

This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. It's like a sitcom.
The woman is insane. Everyone has a right to file a frivolous lawsuit, but is she expecting a GoFundMe page to bail her sorry ass out?

It's an (another) American embarrassment that highlights the disgraceful state of our educational system, social morals, and makes Nebraska look absolutely retarded. Same with the Nebraska and Oklahoma suit to stop Colorado from their legalization of mj because "it's leaking into their states."

*facepalm*

To that woman: Way to make our country look even stupider than it is.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All throughout recorded history there are examples of ideas that fell out of favor. How many gods have been forgotten or simply fallen into obscurity.

Ideas like male supremacy and slavery took years and years of discussion, fights, riots, and even wars to get people to see the err of those beliefs. I reckon theism to be just as dangerous to progress as these other archaic ideas. I think one day, the beliefs in gods/religions will also fade from our culture and as technology gets better, educations and information as a whole will be more prevelant than ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Has the statute of limitation for God's genocides come and gone?

Well...that's obviously why God isn't representing himself in court...he'd get his collar felt for all the murdering he's responsible for.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

it wouldn't matter if god's existence was proven or not since well, unless he decides to come here and outline what he wants us to believe about him, the world would abound with disagreements and well the wars that come with them over what belief is fact and what isn't. europe is a great example of this with their wars between catholics and protestants.
can a person who doesn't believe in god have a high moral standing, I believe they can since well you don't need to believe in a higher power to know that killing someone is wrong, you just need to experience someone close to dying and realize that it's a horrible pain that you wouldn't want to deliberately put another through.

and well when religions merge with governments it seems that the outcome is that alot of people get harmed in the name of a god who probably is shaking his head in disbelief at the stupidity of his creation. the laws should never be based on religious beliefs but rather the consensus of the people within the society.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am trying to find more information on the case, to see what kind of retributions the woman wants, but the issue is to debate the sinfulness of been gay, all links takes you back to Raw Story.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Follow the links on the Raw Story article.
www.omaha.com... l

and here is a hand written note from her about it.
ia801502.us.archive.org...

edit: the article originally had the court docket, but they've since changed it to that article in the first link.
edit2: Ah here is the docket:
court docket
edit on 6-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thanks!!!!! I am very interested in this article because, the reason is that already the Supreme court is taking the case of gay rights, so this woman going at a small court level will mean nothing if the Supreme court decides for the rights of gays, but if they leave it to the state then it could be a state issue.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

it wouldn't matter if god's existence was proven or not since well, unless he decides to come here and outline what he wants us to believe about him, the world would abound with disagreements and well the wars that come with them over what belief is fact and what isn't. europe is a great example of this with their wars between catholics and protestants.
can a person who doesn't believe in god have a high moral standing, I believe they can since well you don't need to believe in a higher power to know that killing someone is wrong, you just need to experience someone close to dying and realize that it's a horrible pain that you wouldn't want to deliberately put another through.

and well when religions merge with governments it seems that the outcome is that alot of people get harmed in the name of a god who probably is shaking his head in disbelief at the stupidity of his creation. the laws should never be based on religious beliefs but rather the consensus of the people within the society.

Actually, if god's existence was proven, then it would settle everything, and if it is the same god of the bible, then gays and kids that don't obey their parents would be killed in the streets just as it is decreed in the bible.

If allah were proven to be real, it would also be settled and burkahs would need to be the norm. Welcome to sharia.

Luckily for us they have not produced a single shred that these beings are real and therefor could not shake it's head at anyone.

What if the consensus of the society believes in gods? I think laws should be made based on facts.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This women is mentally unstable, she is claiming to be an "Ambassador" for Jesus and God and has been addressed as such, she is also representing herself, so obviously the fancy major churches around are not forwarding any funds to help her with her lawyer needs

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join