It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you say to someone you know who's just been diagnosed with cancer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Look at him through eyes of love then all you'll see is your loved one.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
More great comments/advice. Thanks so much.

It means more than you could know.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I can't tell you what to tell him because I really don't know. I can say to be there for him.
My sister had Hodgkins (not sure if it's spelled right) disease cancer. It's in the lymph nodes. My friends and I gave her cannabis. It actually helped a lot. It dealt with the pain and nausea from radiation and chemo. She was able to keep weight on her. She's now in remission and has been for almost 20 years. Cannabis oil has been found to help a lot, too. While probably not legal in your area, it's worth a shot if it helps.

Mods: I hope that I wasn't violating t&cs by mentioning cannabis or cannabis oil. It wasn't in the spirit of "Yay! Let's do drugs!" It is and should be considered to be a medicine. It works, it helps, and if it can save a life why not mention it?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You just tell him that no matter what he will be going through you will be there to support him...it's horrible but he needs comfort and support...and I just dont mean getting him cards...look ahead at stuff that will improve his quaility of life during and after the surgery...just make yourself availble...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Don't say "Im so sorry"
Don't say "I understand what youre going through(you don't)"
Don't say "Im SURE everything will be fine"...and others like these.

Try some things like "They have wonderful treatments and successful procedures these days".
Or perhaps "How are YOU doing right now?"

Religiously, Ive also used "God don't place more on us than He knows we can handle".

Ive lost 12 family members to cancer...really nothing is easy to say in this regard. Love, support, reassure and just...be there.

God Bless to him and you...MS

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
you tell him not to trust the doctors the official survival rate of listening to a doctor and following his instructions is 2% to live for 5 years. Basically the rockerfeller family started donating money to all universities about 100 years ago after adviser Frederick Gates (there is a possibility that Billy gates is connected to Frederick and a major pointer to this is that the rockerfellers own 50% of all the computer companies shares that are on the stock market today) suggested it to him. rockerfeller now controls the education syllabus and half of the pharmaceutical companies. of course these are not really vested interests and there is really no connection honestly.
doctors are starting to realise this massive fraud and are starting to talk about cures found in nature which the majority of the pharma drugs are based on, you are going to get people come on here and say this is BS and you are more than welcome to believe them

This is all the stuff I have on cancer Ellagic acid has had some success with tongue cancer I would suggest you go into the library and look for books on herbs that have had scientific testing done on them

different chemicals produce cancers in specific places in the body so a good percentage should be able to be worked out from job

Cut out dairy meat and sugar all of these feed cancer with hormones and fermentation

nktiuro.tripod.com...

99squalene.webs.com...

squalene testimonial

en.wikipedia.org...

angiogenesis is the reformation of old blood vessels into new

www.snopes.com...

mitochondria fight cancer

If you're diagnosed with cancer it's critical you find out what specific cell line it is. Then go to Google Scholar and search for the name / number of the cell line, along with "cancer" "apoptosis". This will bring up papers with results specific to your particular cancer. I you have cancer don't stop with this huge summary, dig further. You need to try to understand potential interactions and such at the very least

www.cancertutor.com...

no food 2 hours before HP and 1 hour after

www.newswithviews.com...

laetrile www.vitaminb17.org...

Cellular Poison (Cancer). Imbalances related to iron reduce the output of cellular energy in the body. This leads directly to cancer, which is basically a parasite on the human body. It uses an inferior energy generating system based on direct conversion of sugar to energy without the many intermediary steps associated with the Krebs and glycolysis cycles.

www.naturalnews.com...

40% of people die from malnutrition in cancer

is this because the body is trying to fast to kill the cancer

Laeterile 1ml of cream and artemesinin 100-300mg per day with iron

also poly-MVA? 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day

theunhivedmind.com...

They do not tell the people how herbs like Mistletoe and Reishi Mushroom are used to combat the dire side-effects of chemotherapy

The molecular weight of squalene is heavier than that of EPA or DHA, through which all active bonding positions of the receptor can be maximal belayed. As consequence squalene permeates not only deeper in cells but also faster and more effective.

www.distance-healer.com...
Chemotherapy Facts
Dr. John Beard, who connected pancreas activity to the control of cancer

www.healingcancernaturally.com...
educate-yourself.org...

good video

www.distance-healer.com...
cancer help

There are some reports that applying garlic directly to skin cancers makes the tumor disappear within weeks.

www.sparkpeople.com...

ph levels linked to cancer if you can alkalinise the body to 7.36 then according to noble prize winner Warburg cancer cannot survive
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
silymarin treatment for prevention of dna breakdown
drsircus.com...
ellagic acid from red raspberries is readily absorbed through the
gastrointestinal tract.
Bitter Melon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

cures for cancer
alternativecancer.us...

esophagus, tongue, lung, colon, liver, and skin tumors in animals?
raspberry powder has shown promise fighting these cancers

Breast Cervical Colon Esophageal Leukemia Liver Lung Pancreatic Prostate
Skin Tongue
www.cancertutor.com...
advanced cancer
blog.bartonpublishing.com...
iodine
B17 Amygdalin? Wild Blackberries
www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com...
curezone.org...
hulda clark ?
Keorsene can be used to cure cancer Health-science -spirit.com
thehealthyhoneys.com...
research baking soda
www.bing.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... another cancer cure
dictionary.reference.com...

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...
trends
preterhuman cancer anti-cancer startegies that work
interferon and Tumor Necrosis Factor

Kelley found that the majority of us have a dominant branch. For example,
carcinomas, “solid” tumors like prostate, breast, lung, colon, stomach,
etc., arose and thrived in the acid environment of the sympathetic
dominant. “Soft” tumors, like lymphomas, leukemia, myeloma, and cancers
such as sarcoma and melanoma arise in more alkaline systems, or
parasympathetic dominants

Knowing what effects certain foods have on the body, Kelley designed diets
to balance pH chemistry. For example, in a solid tumor, the sympathetic
type, he would recommend a nearly vegetarian, meat-free diet, to alkalinize
the body.

For the soft tumor parasympathetic types, he recommended a protein and
fat-rich diet to acidify the body. Additionally, from Pottenger’s basic
science discoveries of the action of nutrients on the two nervous systems,
he formulated specific nutrient combinations to further help balance the
ANS and pH.

drsircus.com...

Iodine dose

holisticcancersolutions.com...

use honey as a trojan horse to deliver sodium bicarb to the infected cells or DMSO sodium bicarb kills the yeast in the fermentation process.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

cancer cures

altered-states.net...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join