It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul,pay to play politics as usual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I was talking to brother recently and he brought up the 2016 election he said I should vote for Rand Paul because if he is elected that my brother and his entire family has been promised jobs in the rand paul administration.
I was a bit shocked when he said that, not because of the obvious favortisim and corruption in politics but because I thought he knew me better than to ask me to vote for someone just so he and his family could get administration jobs.I rarely vote and when I do vote I vote for the person best qualified for the position not for the person who promises the most graft and government freebies.
Without getting into details, I feel sorry for him because he basically sold his only daughter so he could rub elbows with the bigwigs,he`s lost his daughter and now he`s trying to get something back from the bigwigs.
I wouldn`t "sell" any of my kids for any amount of money of promises of fame or fortune,I thought he had more sense than that.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You may want to explain how he sold his daughter. It will spin some people out. The mind boggles.

On the other hand, I don't believe it makes a difference who anyone votes for in the US. The powers that be have already decided who is going to win. They just have a need to make money from the circus first. Step right up, enjoy the show!

P

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I followed him since 92 he's always had the same message. Smaller government less taxes!

He is against police militarization, pro-marijuana, what's to reform IRS, willing to confront the establishment, pro free market, anti-patriot act, against drone strikes, wants to eliminate the TSA, Against in definite illegal detention, and a litany of other issues that ATS supports.

My god this is the candidate ATS is been screaming about for over 10 years!!!!

Please really look into him before you lump him with the rest of them.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I was talking to brother recently and he brought up the 2016 election he said I should vote for Rand Paul because if he is elected that my brother and his entire family has been promised jobs in the rand paul administration.

I was a bit shocked when he said that, not because of the obvious favortisim and corruption in politics ...

There is not necessarily anything wrong going on. When running for president, you plan ahead. If you find the right man for the right future post, you let him know. There are lots of places to be filled in a presidential administration - both in outside the West Wing.

IT would make sense to start engaging those people at this time. Also, what would the Paul campaign gain by telling him that they wanted to hire him, if hi is not an asset? It is (presumably) not like he can swing thousands of votes or donate millions of dollars.

Just saying...
edit on 6-5-2015 by DupontDeux because: ETA

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Ok so you think Rand is dirty.

Well let me ask you this.

Who do you honestly think is better.

RR

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That's right

Powers that be already have Jeb Bush as president.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

If we could abolish the Electoral College, that would fix much of the problem you just mentioned.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have to tell you, but every single politician will do this. While that is SOP for campaigning, it's not necessarily a reflection on how the candidate will run the country. A candidate need not reform the entire process in order to make a good president.

new topics

top topics

join