It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Funny I WItnessed Tonight with a Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I drive for a living so I see quite a few unusual things, crazy things, and things that make you shake your head.

Tonight I actually witnessed something that made me kind of scratch my head after I thought about it for a bit.

To make a long story short, I was coming up to a light when I noticed two cars coming from different directions, and both trying to beat the yellow light to make lefts. Somehow with horns blaring, they managed to run into each other. Typical Rhode ISland drivers really. That wasn't so unusual. What happened after the fact was somewhat comical though. Immediately after they crashed, the drivers and their passengers from both cars opened their doors and ran in different directions. It was really like watching a old fashion Chinese fire drill we used to do as kids, only they didn't get back in the car. So it was basically two hit and runs.

I can imagine the police being a bit befuddled coming to the scene and having two empty cars. Lol or maybe not, they may see it all the time in their line of work.

I just got to thinking about it though from a insurance point of view. If they were both stolen cars, who is responsible? A lot of questions like that ran through my head.

So basically I just wanted to share something that kind of tickled me tonight, yet still see what you folks thought about how it might play out down the road...
edit on 5/6/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

N/M.. you stated the stolen/insurance angle... but still wish you would have gotten that on dashcam.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Lol yeah me too as it was really something to see. It just all happened so fast and it wasn't something I was expecting to happen. My thoughts were to pull over and see if anyone needed help, but they kind of answered that question on their own when they all ran.

I also thought when they started getting out that there was going to be a fight over it, but nope, just a comedy from my perspective!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If they are both stolen cars and the thieves go unapprehended or get caught and have no insurance of their own, the owner/s of the stolen vehicles better hope they've got some insurance. That's the only way. Driver's are supposed to be insured for things like this as well as your usual fender benders. The insurance companies could go after the thieves in question and try to recoup some of their losses as well... That is if they are caught.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Probably all of them are illegal aliens, including drivers.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Maybe they were playing a game...and crashed on purpose...you never know...sometimes people do some strange things.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
While I know there are some strange gang initiations, I don't think this was one of them. If I were to guess, it seemed the one car may have been kids. I think there were 6 that took off out of that car, and we know kids can pack them in when they go out. Not to mention they were really fast about it! The other car was harder to tell, but did seem older, or maybe I should say felt older.
Like I said it happened pretty fast and you don't really expect to see car doors fly open and people pile out and run right after crashing, much less from both cars.

top topics

join