It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yanukovych: Re-election could be declared invalid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh Please! I can't believe the nerve of this guy and his political party!

Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych warned his presidential rival that Sunday's rematch might be declared invalid because of election law changes that he said deprive millions of voters of their rights.

Helloooo! FYI, like 411 dude,

The intial reason why the Ukraine is in chaos, is because your political party deprived those very same voters of their rights to begin with.

Yanukovych: Re-election could be declared invalid

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not too much involved in that, the two prime reasons being that I am not ukranian and that I am neither living in Ukraine, but I strongly support Mr Iouchtchenko.

Ianoukovitch is clearly a puppet of Putine. I am not against Putine, he is a "not too wrong man" who did what he had to do with guts and pride, but it is definitely not good for a former USSR republic to be again under the so direct influence of Russia itself. Also, it is incredibly good to notice that people in Ukraine went to the street by dozens of thousands to support Iouchtchenko. What the people want,...

This time at least, the east has demonstrated something that noone in here can do: solidarity and mobilization. The people were quite clearly united. There was no mass demonstration for Ianoukovitch. He had votes, OK, but no one in the streets for him...

Now, given the fact established now that Iouchtchenko was poisoned (and likely in the intent of killing him), it is clear that he was not wanted by the former presidency and its allies, ie Putine. The poisoning likely occured, according to sources close to Iouchtchenko, during he meal he had with the former president and others, during which his (Iouchtchenko's) protection staff was not present. It was supposed to be a private and very informal meal.

Ianoukovitch is like all these guys "democratically" elected who will do anything non democratic to keep the power. Any means is good, and we have a proof now. It is even surprising how Iouchtchenko and his party didn't react that much to the poisoning. Either they plan on something, or then prefer to let it go, knowing that it would be pointless anyway: the people of Ukraine have obviously decided.

new topics

join