It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-Like Ribbon Worm Uses 'Web-Shaped Substance' To Catch Prey?(Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well, it's definitely real. The exact species identification is difficult, but this seems to be a type of ribbon worm. The best guess at a specific species so far has come from Reddit user Exxocet, who suggests we're looking at a species called Gorgonorhynchus. He quotes J.F.G. Wheeler's study "The Discovery of the Nemertean Gorgonorhynchus and Its Bearing on Evolutionary Theory", which says:

The proboscis of the nemerteans usually consists of an introverted tube in a proboscis sheath, and it is everted like a finger of a glove that has been pulled "outside in'.

This new nemertean has also a proboscis which is retractile within a proboscis sheath, but the proboscis is branched. The branching is of the dichotomous type. During eversion, which takes place almost explosively, the short main trunk. first appears, then this dividess and the finer and filter branches appear, but since each one of these is the result of an evagination the effect is almost indescribable. It is as if a large number of lively, wriggling, minunte worms had been shot out.

So the strange white thing that seems to "erupt" from the worm is its proboscis. This is a tubular sucking organ that some worms use to feed. The worm is feeling out what it's sitting on, trying to find out if it can eat the hand.

Link
You Know I am Good at being able to tell if something is CGI or Not ,And of course at first My gut feeling was that this video was CGI.

But after looking at the Pic ... lol I am not so sure .

Anyway I decided to post this in crypto because I didn't really know where else to place it .

so ATS Hoax or no ?

Help me figure this one out !

Thanks Much

Kap

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not a hoax but definitely disgusting.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sorry, this has already been posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nevertheless, I want one!!!!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Sorry, this has already been posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nevertheless, I want one!!!!

Looks like its in BTS I wonder if we can have one here as well

... Hmm guess we will have to let a MOD sort this out .

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I could of went another day without seeing that...

I'll skip dinner tonight

GROSS.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why oh why did I click on this thread? Face palm! EEEEW!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have an extremely hard time buying this, the way that web substance spreads out into a root-like system so quickly is absolutely amazing, that's some Spider-Man level crap right there. If the video has been sped up then I might have an easier time believing it. But based on the movement of the worm and the guys hand it doesn't seem to be sped up at all.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

owww... nice... I'll skip breakfast today

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
theres a clear difference for CGI and reality.

And that is 100% real. lol. Still really cool though. Did you know that among the neamertea there are species that can grow to be 177ft long? Making them the largest animal ever found.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
this doesn't look real to me. Any more info on this 'beast' ?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
this doesn't look real to me. Any more info on this 'beast' ?

Have not been able to find anything

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Don't you mean the longest?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And here I thought the Mantis Fly was the last terrifying thing I'd see this week!

Holy cow that's creepy.

CdT

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Tavg0911

LOL, yeah, I can't imagine what its mate might feel about the volume... XD

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dear God, that's vile.

Don't get me wrong, I know humans and many other animals have disgusting habits and traits but that thing is disgusting. It's as if some creatures evolve simply to be as disgusting as possible.

top topics

join