It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot during traffic stop, serious condition, Coeur d'Alene Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho—A judge set bail at $2 million for the man accused of shooting a Coeur d'Alene police officer. Jonathan Renfro, 26, faced the Kootenai County judge Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.

He is accused of shooting Sergeant Greg Moore with the Coeur d'Alene Police Department.

Police held a press conference Tuesday morning about the latest condition of Sergeant Greg Moore.
Lt. Stu Miller from the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office and Sgt. Christie Wood stated that Moore remained in critical condition after being shot earlier in the morning.
"I don't know what kind of surgeries he's had, but it is very, very, serious," she said.
Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White said earlier in the morning that Moore was "fighting for his life.
Miller said investigators are still gathering evidence, and have not yet begun processing. Video of the incident has been collected as well – from Moore's dash cam and body cam. It has not yet been processed according to authorities

UPDATE: the police officer has died

Police officer shot during traffic stop, serious condition, Coeur d'Alene Idaho

edit on 5-5-2015 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2015 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Nothing about motive yet for anyone else interested before they click the link.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My hopes for a speedy and full recovery to Officer Moore. I love Idaho, it's a beautiful and very hospitable state. I hope the guy gets maximum sentence for his actions. I'd wish him to rot in Hell if I believed it existed.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

There is no such info for OP at this time according to the Idaho news website. Did you want Quantum to create something to appease?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Local News Link

Seems as if he may have been a "run of the mill" bad guy...
He was on parole. There seems to have been some time since his last offense.
I bet it turns out that drug addiction is at the root of his evil.

Blessings for the officers family!

I had a dear friend die there a few years ago in a traffic accident on a winding road...beautiful country though...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
13 offenses in 10 years. I imagine he did much more crime then he was ever caught doing.

After this, I suspect his days of freedom are gone for a long, long time.
edit on 5/5/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, he has passed away. RIP.

Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, police officer has died after being shot during traffic stop, department says; suspect arrested - @KHQLocalNews

Eta - I see you updated the OP with that news
edit on 5-5-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How sad for our N.Idaho community. Sending regards.

See the update now.
edit on 5-5-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thoughts / prayers to the officers family, friends and his department.

edit on 5-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Very sad time here in North Idaho, this was an officer who truly loved his community.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Very sorry for his family! This is the sort of thing cops face that makes their jobs harder. They never know if the guy they pulled over for a busted light will try and kill them. I hope they have all the evidence they need to convict the shooter.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sergeant Greg Moore - Coeur d'Alene Police Department, Idaho - End of Watch: Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sergeant Greg Moore was shot and killed after stopping a suspicious male.

Sergeant Moore was patrolling in the area of Wilbur Avenue and Joanna Drive in response to a several car burglaries that had taken place in the area. At 0130 hours, Sergeant Moore stopped a suspicious male. He radioed the suspects information in, but made no further radio contact. A citizen heard gunshots, found Sergeant Moore in the street and called the police.

After the shooting, the suspect stole Sergeant Moore's patrol car and fled the location. An officer spotted the stolen patrol car in the town of Post Fall, and gave pursuit. The suspect eventually fled on foot, and was eventually found in a parking lot, hiding under a car, and taken into custody.

Sergeant Moore was taken to a local hospital, where he died several hours later from his wounds.

Sergeant Moore had served with the Coeur d'Alene Police Department for 14 years and is survived by his wife and two children.

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Chief of Police Lee White
Coeur d'Alene Police Department
3818 N Schreiber Way
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815

Phone: (208) 769-2320

top topics

join