It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple faces 15 years behind bars after a grandma records them having sex on Florida beach

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe 2 grown people can be this stupid and it does say a lot about their self control. Does sound harsh though like many stories we see on the internet there could be more to it...not sure and not gonna look either.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I believe that animals have spirits as well. Did not God make them? Did he not think they were important enough to put in the garden? We are masters of nothing. We can't even control ourselves as this couple shows. There are many other ways of losing control as well. You see the violence,stupidity,hate,greed,and total disregard for others all around. I have seen animals act kinder to other species than humans.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I didn't realize that lewd and lascivious behavior would get one on the sex offender list, that's life changing.
edit on 7-5-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I believe that animals have spirits as well. Did not God make them? Did he not think they were important enough to put in the garden? We are masters of nothing. We can't even control ourselves as this couple shows. There are many other ways of losing control as well. You see the violence,stupidity,hate,greed,and total disregard for others all around. I have seen animals act kinder to other species than humans.

God didn't breathe into the animals, however. And yes, we were given dominion over them. We don't o the best job, however. And I agree that people, as a rule, display little self control. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though, or use the excuse of being "just animals", so whatever goes.

Animals can display bad behavior as well. Some cats and dogs are just mean, and chimps have been known to plan murders and go to war.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though, or use the excuse of being "just animals", so whatever goes.

Pray please tell me where I said that was an excuse for their behavior? It is not. My father told me that emotions are wonderful things and have a purpose,but you should be in control of them,not they be in control of you.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
God didn't breathe into the animals, however. And yes, we were given dominion over them. We don't o the best job, however. And I agree that people, as a rule, display little self control. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though, or use the excuse of being "just animals", so whatever goes.

Animals can display bad behavior as well. Some cats and dogs are just mean, and chimps have been known to plan murders and go to war.

We have dominion over them???

We force dominion over them. We weren't given dominion over them. We rule everything by force and by our own choice. If you doubt that go walk up to a wild bear and tell him to do what you want and see if he listens. Or any wild animal. You'll find out real fast nobody told them we have dominion over them.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though, or use the excuse of being "just animals", so whatever goes.

Pray please tell me where I said that was an excuse for their behavior? It is not. My father told me that emotions are wonderful things and have a purpose,but you should be in control of them,not they be in control of you.

If it isn't meant to be an excuse, why bring it up at all?

What this pair did as wrong. They have no excuse.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Being a Grandma I'm not surprised she is discussed since she comes from a time when showing too much leg made you a whore and proper young ladies must repress any and all sexuality. She wasn't too discussed to film it however. I do give her credit for knowing how to use that feature on her iphone though.

Um...dude, you do realize that you don't have to be old to be a grandma, right? I'm a grandma, and I'm 46. I have friends who are ten years younger and are grandmas. I mean, seriously. A$$holes are a$$holes, it has nothing to do with age.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Cortez Beach. One of the pervy beaches, why doesn't this surprise me any? I'm from the region in question, the only beach with a worse reputation for lewd behavior is Caspersen Beach in Sarasota County (one county south of Manatee, where Cortez Beach is) Both beaches are known for people giving the law the finger & trying to get it on, it's actually nice to see someone getting a sentence for once instead of a fine & short jail stay.

Trust me, it's a public beach that's popular with families. Never should a kid's innocence on the beach be ruined by two people too lazy to jaunt just down the road from Motel Alley (anyone who EVER lived in the region knows how close rat motels are to this beach) Piss off, these horn-dogs got a fair sentence. I grew up all up & down that exact coastline, fornicating should always be reserved for behind closed doors, not in front of an audience on the beach.

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Seriously? 15 years in prison? Rapists seldom get a longer sentence than that.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

If I could give you a hundred stars for these comments I would.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
She should be charged with voyeurism for filming.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I didn't. YOU did:

Speak for yourself. I am certainly not an animal. Human beings were created n the image of God, and given dominion over the animals. We should not behave like them.

You said that you weren't an animal.But you are. You are a more advanced animal with the ability to think about the future and plan for it,but still an animal. And guess what,"you do behave like them."

Do animals form bonds? Yes and so do we. Do animals care for their young? Yes and so do we.Do animals provide shelter and food for themselves and their young? Yes and so do we.Do animals mate? Yes and so do we. In fact we have a lot in common with animals because we are one ourselves. You will even see politics in the animal world in social animals.

All this comes down to is the fact that ,yes we are animals,but we are supposed to be in control of ourselves much better than they are. They do what comes naturally at any time. We on the other hand have decided that there are times and places for certain activities to go on.This couple decided to go against those norms and laws. They should be held accountable for sure. But 15 years is stupid. To hold someone in a cell for having sex between 2 consenting adults for 15 years,while someone that is convicted of 1st degree murder gets out after 7 years,makes a mockery of our legal system. Since when is a human life so cheap? Why would just having sex bare a cost worth more than a life?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Maybe you're jealous someone else was getting affection you don't or can't. You comes across as someone with a huge hole in their life and can't understand love or passion.

So because someone disagrees with your viewpoint on the merits of having public sex in full view of children, you launch a personal attack on their character? Classy.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

What does their age difference have to do with anything?? That is just silly...and unfounded. Has anyone even mentioned their age so far on this thread besides you? What about their age difference could possibly evoke jealousy , of all things? If they were both 40 or both 20, what they did would have been equally as wrong. Age is irrelevant, in all aspects...a number, nothing more or less. And certainly not indicative of maturity (or lack thereof), as evidenced by the subject at hand.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I never said he was a "misunderstood little lamb". Those are your words that you're using to try and discredit me by putting words in my mouth. Which I'm not falling for, but good try anyway.

Transporting drugs is still a non-violent offense and the whole Drug War is also BS in my opinion. In either case it has nothing to do with this and he served his time. The only reason to bring it up is to make him look like some hardened criminal. So you can do that if you'd like, I'm not going to because I'd rather just stick to the facts without having to get all emotional and exaggerate the issue just to make a point.

But I do agree with you the 15 years for what him and his girlfriend did is ridiculous.

What exactly is it that you're not "falling for"? Are you impaired? Suffer from short term memory loss, perhaps? Off your meds? It was you who brought up his drug conviction, which has nothing to do with his current conviction, and gave us all the "woe is me" crapola about how it was just a "mistake" that he was trafficking drugs, "just punish him until he's dead" for making a "mistake", etc., etc., ad nauseum. How drug trafficking isn't "violent"; which you're continuing to go on about, and which also has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand...after all he was shagging her, not beating her, right?

If you don't want people to respond to your baseless, melodramatic drivel, you may want to try not posting it in the first place. It tends to catch people's attention:

a reply to: thesaneone

But he served his time and that is over with now but let's not let that matter. Because nobody is allowed a mistake. Even a non violent mistake of transporting Cocaine. Oh no, we must punish those people until they are dead. No forgiveness, not even after they've done their time for the crime.

Ridiculous Emotional Exaggeration exhibit A

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I didn't. YOU did:

Speak for yourself. I am certainly not an animal. Human beings were created n the image of God, and given dominion over the animals. We should not behave like them.

You said that you weren't an animal.But you are. You are a more advanced animal with the ability to think about the future and plan for it,but still an animal. And guess what,"you do behave like them."

Do animals form bonds? Yes and so do we. Do animals care for their young? Yes and so do we.Do animals provide shelter and food for themselves and their young? Yes and so do we.Do animals mate? Yes and so do we. In fact we have a lot in common with animals because we are one ourselves. You will even see politics in the animal world in social animals.

All this comes down to is the fact that ,yes we are animals,but we are supposed to be in control of ourselves much better than they are. They do what comes naturally at any time. We on the other hand have decided that there are times and places for certain activities to go on.This couple decided to go against those norms and laws. They should be held accountable for sure. But 15 years is stupid. To hold someone in a cell for having sex between 2 consenting adults for 15 years,while someone that is convicted of 1st degree murder gets out after 7 years,makes a mockery of our legal system. Since when is a human life so cheap? Why would just having sex bare a cost worth more than a life?

My comment was in response to one of yours.

As for the sentence, considering all of the data, I m guessing that this couple was probably really pushing the limits in court. They might have done what they did to see how far they could push it, and continued that in the courtroom, resulting in a heavier sentence. Plus, the guy having a previous felony could have legal consequences as well.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

They should just shut up and make a deal to serve as little as possible. Chock it up to stupidity,then tell themselves,"well,we won't do that one again". But I doubt that will happen.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: evc1shop

What does their age difference have to do with anything?? That is just silly...and unfounded. Has anyone even mentioned their age so far on this thread besides you? What about their age difference could possibly evoke jealousy , of all things? If they were both 40 or both 20, what they did would have been equally as wrong. Age is irrelevant, in all aspects...a number, nothing more or less. And certainly not indicative of maturity (or lack thereof), as evidenced by the subject at hand.

It may seem silly and unfounded but I have known some older men who were dating much younger woman and I have seen the gambit of stares they have gotten at different venues ranging from quizzical to down right jealous and hateful so if these were just a couple of 20 something's, is it possible that grandma would have just chastised them and told them to get lost instead of filming the event and making a big deal about it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Probably wouldn't be looking at 15 years had they just admitted their guilt and moved on.

I wonder, am I the only one who thinks you sound like a Witch Hunter?
Your crimes will be forgiven if you confess...
Okay, I did it..
Drown the witch!!!
But you said...!
God will forgive you, not I.

In SANE societies this would have resulted in a fine, that's all.
People are now becoming so puritan, so desperate to be offended, so scared that everyone is a child molester, that now we're locking people up for considerable periods of time for performing the most natural of acts with each other in a place we personally deem inappropriate.

Just as governments have had to pay damages to people for unfair legal practices and unfair imprisonment in the past, cases like these will come back to haunt them in years to come.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Suffer from short term memory loss, perhaps? It was you who brought up his drug conviction

I do suffer from short term memory loss on occasion. Not on any meds though.

No, it was you who brought up the drug conviction which I was responding to in that post. Here I'll quote it for you:
"originally posted by: tigertatzen
Well, apparently he didn't learn from his coke trafficking "mistake", since he thought it would be perfectly acceptable to further break the law by boinking his girlfriend on a public beach.
"

Guess you have a touch of memory loss yourself.

If you don't want people to respond to your baseless, melodramatic drivel, you may want to try not posting it in the first place. It tends to catch people's attention:

I have no problem with people responding to my "baseless, melodramatic drivel" as you call it. Although I find it funny you're doing so in such a rude way being that we're in agreement for the most part.

Is this how you respond to everyone or did I just piss you off somehow and not realize it???

You seem to also be getting me mixed up with another member by the name of thesaneone.
edit on 8-5-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join