It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple faces 15 years behind bars after a grandma records them having sex on Florida beach

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
Just because people have sex in public all the time doesn't make it right. There is a time and a place for such behavior and in front of children is not it.

Sure but 15 years ?

Surely a simple fine and probation would surfice.

Wait I forgot this is the USA only drunk rich kids that kill 4 people get probation,
edit on 6-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: alienjuggalo

They should have just killed someone instead,they would have only gotten 7 years.Wow. I would say it doesn't belong in front of kids,no way. But do you arrest a parent if their kid walks in on them in their bedroom? Kid can still see what is what. I think its more how you treat it with kids than anything. We have hang ups here in the US about sex anyway. Just my take on it.

If your white rich and from texas killing someone gets you probation if you use the afluenza defence.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I consider myself as I am classified. A mammal. I give live birth(I can prove that one). I produce milk,and have hair on my body. So what about you?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have a feeling some here would of been right at home in Salem lighting witches on fire.
Reminds me of this
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What these people did was "grinding" on the beach. I've already shown that Nobody witnessed them "having sex". Nor does the video show that. At best it could be shown that they were simulating sex.

You haven't shown anything. You have surmised, from what we have been told. The jury didn't agree with you. As for what actually happened, you can't say they didn't have sex. The simple fact is, there are two possible scenarios. One, they were simulating sex. If that was the case, they knew what they were doing, and were doing it deliberately, in order to get a reaction from people. Two, they were actually having sex. If that was the case, they knew what they were doing, and were doing it deliberately in front of people. In other words, simulated or real, they committed a crime, and they knew they were doing so.

The same "simulated sex" can be seen in almost any music video or television show.

"Almost any"? Not even close. My kids don't watch that sort of show, either, and people have a right to take their kids to a PUBLIC place and not see sex, real or simulated. What a lame excuse!

You are more than willing to give 15 years in prison for a non violent crime which wasn't even proven in a court of law to be true.

They could have accepted a lesser sentence for the crime they know they committed. They refused. Seems to me like they wanted to push it, and try to get a jury to think as you apparently do. They got what they deserve,, as a result.

You are completely insane to think that fits the crime. You don't give a damn about what true justice is or the concept or meaning behind "burden of proof". You think your opinion should hold more weight than actual factual evidence and have not one ounce of mercy at all. To think that 15 years in prison for simulated sex in public is just is pure insanity on par with burning women for being witches without any proof other than someone's opinion.

Name-calling now? Gee, what a surprise....NOT! You haven't seen the video. None of us has. Second guessing the jury is just that - guessing. I don't set sentencing in Florida, but it's been stated that what they got fit the guidelines there. Plus, as far as I am concerned, people with such a lack of moral values that they think sex, real or simulated, has a place on a public beach, should be in jail. "Burning witches"? Now you are just being facetious.

How about we just allow sex anywhere? School playgrounds, neighborhood streets, restaurants, daycare centers, grocery stores, malls, wherever? You'd welcome that, would you?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I consider myself as I am classified. A mammal. I give live birth(I can prove that one). I produce milk,and have hair on my body. So what about you?

So, in your opinion, that means you should do whatever an animal in a zoo might?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

You haven't shown anything. You have surmised, from what we have been told. The jury didn't agree with you. As for what actually happened, you can't say they didn't have sex. The simple fact is, there are two possible scenarios. One, they were simulating sex. If that was the case, they knew what they were doing, and were doing it deliberately, in order to get a reaction from people. Two, they were actually having sex. If that was the case, they knew what they were doing, and were doing it deliberately in front of people. In other words, simulated or real, they committed a crime, and they knew they were doing so.

I've stated exactly what's been reported as fact. That nobody that was a witness nor the video showed them having actual sex.

But that doesn't matter to you, I understand that. Two people being over affectionate to each other in public, to you, is worth 15 years in prison. I get it. You think that is a Just sentence.

I think you're fanatic, self-righteous, tyrant for thinking that is Justice and if there is any kind of balance in the universe you will hopefully experience such InJustice at some point yourself that will make such unfair judgement clear as to how wrong you are. This of course is only my opinion and don't expect you to agree with it.

"Almost any"? Not even close. My kids don't watch that sort of show, either, and people have a right to take their kids to a PUBLIC place and not see sex, real or simulated. What a lame excuse!

Ever consider that there is a whole world full of people and lives that aren't about YOU. You should try looking in to it as it might put things in perspective.

They could have accepted a lesser sentence for the crime they know they committed. They refused. Seems to me like they wanted to push it, and try to get a jury to think as you apparently do. They got what they deserve,, as a result.

If they weren't having sex then they didn't commit a crime. Not everyone is willing to admit to something they didn't do and that nobody else can prove. Maybe they were hoping for Reason and/or Proof and the truth to save them. I guess they guessed wrong because actual proof is no longer required.

If in fact they were having sex. It still doesn't warrant 15 years in prison. If you can't understand that....well, you've already made it clear that you can't understand that, so it does me no good to explain.

Plus, as far as I am concerned, people with such a lack of moral values that they think sex, real or simulated, has a place on a public beach, should be in jail. "Burning witches"? Now you are just being facetious.

How about we just allow sex anywhere? School playgrounds, neighborhood streets, restaurants, daycare centers, grocery stores, malls, wherever? You'd welcome that, would you?

Yes, I know that Your Moral Values are all that matter to you. You've made that quite clear.

Also, I'm not calling you names. I really do think you're insane. Proven even more so by the way you exaggerate in your examples and misrepresent my position which I've already stated and which in no way promoted the idea that people should be having sex everywhere.

But of course, those are the facts which you don't care about. The only thing that matters to you is your own personal version of reality regardless of how skewed it may be.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

IF you See Something , SAY Something . Grandma must Follow Janet Reno........Ratma .

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

did you see the video? I did.. and they were quite obviously having sex, also, there were 7 witnesses, and they called the police when the couple, after finishing the first round and having a break and a swim, decided to have another go at it - full daylight, families everywhere.

When they started in for the second time.. someone actually walked up and told them it was not appropriate with families around and could they please stop and go somewhere else - to which the man began threatening the woman who asked politely.

This is the same as a couple deciding to have sex in any public place.They were not even attempting discretion. No blanket pulled over them, nothing.. just sex in broad daylight in a public place.
edit on 6-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Definitely, they are idiots and shouldn't have done it. Definitely they should get some kind of punishment, but 15 years is extreme...too much, our Judicial system when it comes to sentences is very messed up and needs an overhaul.

Child molesters many times get much less, attempted murder, rape, child abuse...and many more crimes that are far, far worse get sentences that are much less. Hopefully the sentencing will be strict but fair. 15 is way too much.

I would be pissed if I saw something/someone doing that where my kids could see, but I'd be the one facing 15 years for assault. LOL

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They are talking about giving the woman jail time only - according to penal code, jail cannot be more than 1 year maximum.

The man will go back to prison.. and I believe they are planning on being harsher on him.. he may have been high and as such could have been in parole violation, might have been in parole violation for having sex in public, might be considered a public danger for threatening someone who politely asked them to stop..

for whatever reason, they don't feel sad to give him more time.. and there are probably much more considerations involved in that decision than simply having sex in public - because if that were the case, they wouldn't be talking about giving him more time than her..

The couple wouldn't even be facing any time if they had stopped when asked politely.. and simply found a motel.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
did you see the video? I did.. and they were quite obviously having sex, also, there were 7 witnesses, and they called the police when the couple, after finishing the first round and having a break and a swim, decided to have another go at it - full daylight, families everywhere.

Great. Can I have a link to that video you watched then???

If it was so obvious then why couldn't anyone show it in court???

This is the same as a couple deciding to have sex in any public place.They were not even attempting discretion. No blanket pulled over them, nothing.. just sex in broad daylight in a public place.

I realize that. I also realize that 15 years for a non-violent crime that caused no physical harm to anyone, damaged no property and is based purely on bad morality shouldn't be a 15 year sentence in prison. Nothing about anyone having sex in public will ever change the fact that it doesn't merit that kind of sentence. An orgy in a public park of 100 people still wouldn't warrant 15 years IMO.

It's only sex. None of us would be here without it and it's completely natural. Doesn't mean I promote the idea of doing it in public. But I sure as hell will never agree that if someone does they should be sent to prison for 15 years. Never.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It WAS shown in court.. that was part of why it took only 15 minutes worth of deliberation to come back with a guilty verdict.

I googled it.. so can you..

And I know I know.. you people think laying down any old place and screwing - even if it be the middle of the grocery store,, is perfectly normal and decent and we should be happy to be forced to witness it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
It WAS shown in court.. that was part of why it took only 15 minutes worth of deliberation to come back with a guilty verdict.

I googled it.. so can you..

I'd like to see the same one you saw to make sure we both see the same thing. Can you provide a link??

ANd I know I know.. you people think laying down any old place - even if it be the grocery store,, is perfectly normal

There ya go. Totally misrepresenting my position on this whole thing. What you just said there is a complete lie and you know it. I've stated my position already multiple times, but you insist on ignoring that and flat out lying.

Why can't you just be honest within this discussion instead of lying about what my position is???

Is it any wonder why I can't trust what you say when you're dishonest like that???
I mean I literally just said that I didn't support such ideas as "laying down any old place" but you just can't help and say it anyway.
edit on 6-5-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I've stated exactly what's been reported as fact. That nobody that was a witness nor the video showed them having actual sex.

This has been explained to you many times. Once more, and pay careful attention. Real or simulated, their actions were lewd conduct in public. Get it yet?

But that doesn't matter to you, I understand that. Two people being over affectionate to each other in public, to you, is worth 15 years in prison. I get it. You think that is a Just sentence.

Surely you aren't expecting anyone to buy that. There is a world of difference between "being affectionate" and having, or simulating, intercourse. They didn't get fifteen years for kissing. No, you really don't seem to get it.

I think you're fanatic, self-righteous, tyrant for thinking that is Justice and if there is any kind of balance in the universe you will hopefully experience such InJustice at some point yourself that will make such unfair judgement clear as to how wrong you are. This of course is only my opinion and don't expect you to agree with it.

"16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone. " Check the name-calling.

Ever consider that there is a whole world full of people and lives that aren't about YOU. You should try looking in to it as it might put things in perspective.

That's your argument? The couple on the beach clearly thinks the whole world is about them, and you use that as an attack against me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

If they weren't having sex then they didn't commit a crime. Not everyone is willing to admit to something they didn't do and that nobody else can prove. Maybe they were hoping for Reason and/or Proof and the truth to save them. I guess they guessed wrong because actual proof is no longer required.

If in fact they were having sex. It still doesn't warrant 15 years in prison. If you can't understand that....well, you've already made it clear that you can't understand that, so it does me no good to explain.

Wrong. Lewd behavior would include simulating sex on a public beach. If you can't understand that, that is your problem, not mine. That can be proven. That was proven, according to the jury.

Yes, I know that Your Moral Values are all that matter to you. You've made that quite clear.

You have likewise made it quite clear that the values of others matter not at all to you, nor do laws.

Also, I'm not calling you names. I really do think you're insane. Proven even more so by the way you exaggerate in your examples and misrepresent my position which I've already stated and which in no way promoted the idea that people should be having sex everywhere.

I didn't exaggerate anything. I listed examples of public places in which someone could choose to have sex, or to simulate sex. You just can't handle the truth. Now, since you have sown that all you care about is trashing people that dare to disagree with you, go debate elsewhere. I have better things to do than bother with your sort.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

No,that means that no matter what,we are animals.We have our own social groups,and we have our own way of doing things.But we are still mammals. It is a classification. And it is where we fall in. What we do with the brain we are given is another thing. So far we have done a lot of wasting it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
This has been explained to you many times. Once more, and pay careful attention. Real or simulated, their actions were lewd conduct in public. Get it yet?

I had it the first time. I was pointing out that Real and Simulated Sex aren't the same thing however. I'm sure you know the difference as do I. In this case it couldn't be shown that they had real sex rather than simulated sexual movements. That's all I'm saying. Get it yet?

Surely you aren't expecting anyone to buy that. There is a world of difference between "being affectionate" and having, or simulating, intercourse. They didn't get fifteen years for kissing. No, you really don't seem to get it.

Buy what??? I've tried various ways of wording it, sorry if you don't agree with it.

I get it, just fine. I don't get how you find 15 years in prison for what they did to be even slightly rational.

"16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone. " Check the name-calling.

Perhaps you're right. I shouldn't call you Insane. Let me rephrase that to I think you're opinions are Insane. I also think anyone who thinks "15 years for lewd acts in public" is Justice has an Insane opinion as well.

That's your argument? The couple on the beach clearly thinks the whole world is about them, and you use that as an attack against me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No, you don't understand what I meant by that comment and I'm not going to explain because you won't get it anyway.

Wrong. Lewd behavior would include simulating sex on a public beach. If you can't understand that, that is your problem, not mine. That can be proven. That was proven, according to the jury.

I never said lewd behavior didn't include sex on the beach. What I said is that Lewd Behavior shouldn't have a penalty of 15 years. That is also my opinion so I can't be proven wrong about it either. IT'S MY OPINION.

It wasn't "Proven" to the jury either. They couldn't show Proof of it. They convinced a jury of it. That isn't the same thing.

I didn't exaggerate anything. I listed examples of public places in which someone could choose to have sex, or to simulate sex. You just can't handle the truth. Now, since you have sown that all you care about is trashing people that dare to disagree with you, go debate elsewhere. I have better things to do than bother with your sort.

The truth??? This is what you said:

Show me where I said we should allow that??? I've clearly stated already that wasn't my position so why are you suggesting that it is??? Just because I don't think 15 years in prison is right for lewd conduct in public all of a sudden according to you that means I'm promoting the idea that people should be allowed to have sex anywhere they want??

Yes, that is a total exaggeration if not just completely the opposite of what I've said.

Look, just because you don't like my position on this doesn't mean I can't put it forward. Don't tell me to go elsewhere, you don't own me or this site or this topic. Disagree all you want but don't tell me what to do lady. I'm not telling you what to do. It's not my fault you can't disagree with someone and still have a conversation. I don't agree with you but you have every right to voice your opinion. So do I.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wow, I'm trying to grasp the Grand Canyon wide leap of intelligent thought that suggests we are ok with sex at the preschool, cafeteria..blah, blah??? Everyone here has agree'd they have some punishment coming and what they did was not at all cool.
Talk about ignorant.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

People have sex in public all the time, movie theaters, swimming pools, beaches, freaking bars. why are we so uptight about it? if it was not for sex none of us would be here.

I don't think, as a parent, that not wanting your children to witness people having sex right in front of them while at the beach with Grandma qualifies as being "uptight". I think that is a perfectly legitimate cause for alarm. Yes, people have sex all the time, in all kinds of places, but in front of children is not and never will be acceptable.

Having said that...I also think that they're going completely overboard with a 15 year prison sentence for these people. They're obviously lacking in the class, common sense, and morality departments but there are far more deserving criminals out there than those two silly jackasses, so why not spend the time and energy on apprehending and convicting them instead? It makes zero sense to waste money and resources like that.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is the crux of it all, per the prosecutor:

"We gave them a reasonable offer, what we felt was reasonable, and they decided it wasn’t something they wanted to accept responsibility for..."

So because they exercised their constitutional right to a trial, the prosecution then deemed that decision, as evidence and cause for aggressive prosecution.

The USA is a Fascist State!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join