It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxnard Cop Leaks Secret Police Ritual of Getting Gun and Skull Tattoo When They Shoot Someone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
And fighter pilots and bombers regularly count and mark their "kills" on their planes.

So, what's your opinion on cops seeing civilians as targets to be killed, then? Because that's the root of my feelings about tats like this.

We're not enemy combatants. Nor are the police an occupying force. When they start seeing themselves as such, and us as their targets, it's time for them to move on to something else as a career.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

And fighter pilots and bombers regularly count and mark their "kills" on their planes.

So, what's your opinion on cops seeing civilians as targets to be killed, then? Because that's the root of my feelings about tats like this.

We're not enemy combatants. Nor are the police an occupying force. When they start seeing themselves as such, and us as their targets, it's time for them to move on to something else as a career.

If someone is raping or killing a member of my family, if I'm not there, I sure as hell hope the cop kills them and I don't care if the cop wants to tattoo it all over his face. His job is to protect, and obviously the mindset here is that all cops are murderers. Heck if I killed a terrorist before he had a chance to kill hundreds maybe thousands, who knows I might want to get a tattoo to commemorate and celebrate it. Some people make a big deal out of nothing. As much ink is being put on people nowadays, I guess you want to dictate how someone inks their body? It's their body. Their character is what is important.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

As much ink is being put on people nowadays, I guess you want to dictate how someone inks their body? It's their body. Their character is what is important.

If it's a cop tatting shot counts as bragging rights, you bet. It's their characters I'm worried about.

Why not start taking ears?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I don't understand how you think that the gang mentality aspect of this [essential] initiation is some "off shoot" of the conversation. It isn't. It's what is being discussed here.

thankfully I know next to nothing about gangs.

Which is exactly why you don't understand gang mentality and is why you go on with that comment to rationalize cops getting inked up as a way to "celebrate" kills by comparing it to those who've seen combat getting ink reflecting where they were or what they "accomplished" while there.
You fail to realize that citizens aren't supposed to be seen as "the enemy" and equating memorial tattoos that soldiers may get to ink that represents "kill count" or "initiation" into said group of cops is a stretch, to say the least. They aren't the same. It's character that is shown when one acquires a tattoo to celebrate a kill or being part of a group that has killed.
Soldiers that get tattoos representing countries fought in or enemies killed aren't comparable, tbh.

Speaking of "cognitive dissonance" it may behoove you to read what I actually wrote before making offhand remarks like that.

And it would behoove you to understand gang mentality before commenting about how getting ink representing "kills" or initiation into a certain "club" is "not" essentially gang mentality. The comment was not "off handed" and appears to be on point, given your continued stance even though you yourself admit you know "next to nothing" about gangs.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

What part of "I don't have a stance on gang mentality when it comes to tattoos" do you fail to understand? The ignorance of your reply runs deeply and it shows. That's why I'm not going to waste a lot of time responding to it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Who cares? Who does a tattoo hurt but the owner?

Grow up.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

You, nor the guy that posted immediately after you understand....

...it's not "just a tattoo". It's not just, "I really want to remember this", or "my friends died in battle and I want to honor them. Here we are discussing tattoo that are "in remembrance" of those [the "enemy"] that they've shot in the line of duty. "Protect and Serve".....L.O.L.

....the mentality IS on display when the pig allows (or desires) such a tat.
If you don't understand "that mentality", you don't understand. "Grow up" (as the next poster says)....

"Growing up" would be realizing that there are those out there (with power, often) that are not "Mr. Nice Guy".....
Such a tattoo clearly states that!

Sorry you cannot understand that....I won't further "waste your time".

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The best part of this is that when the day comes, every officer has now tagged themselves innocent or guilty.

This practice is absolutely sick. Gangs initiating themselves. When they switch departments can an officer just roll up his sleeve, show off his tat's and use that as a resume? I'll stop now because I don't know how to express what I'm feeling without ample amounts of profanity.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

No, YOU don't get it. What someone does with their body is none of my business. I don't care if the police have their own little club. It's called a subculture, by the way. There are thousands of them, everywhere.

Guys who drive trucks are a subculture. Do you care what tattoos truck drivers get?

Incidentally, you get perverse people in all social strata, in all walks of life. The police are no different.
edit on 5/8/15 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: onequestion

well un-savory. look at ANY picture of a WWII bomber and tell me what you see. America CELEBRATED Chris Kyles kill count.....same # different uniform.

So a military killing a threat in a time of war is now akin to police officers killing civilians at home?

Those are very different things and one does not make the other right.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

Guys who drive trucks are a subculture. Do you care what tattoos truck drivers get?

Truck drivers don't have the power to shoot me and get away with it.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

It's a tattoo. It's not like these guys are targeting people so they can get a tattoo.
edit on 5/9/15 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It's a tattoo. It's not like these guys are targeting people so they can get a tattoo.

The point of getting it is "hey, I shot a civilian! And killed him! I'm bad news!"

Why not a nice ear necklace? It would be even studlier.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

US cops are like gangsters

Stats certainly show this, if tattoos don't

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

How do you know what they're thinking? You don't.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How do you know what they're thinking? You don't.

Yah, right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join