It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howcome knowone has been on the moon recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok, it has been roughly 30 years since someone has been on the moon.. with today's technology being far powerful than 30 years ago, howcome knowone has been on the moon recently?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Its expensive and dangerous. I doubt any non-western nation has the capability, although the chinese are supposedly working on it. The western nations that could go would have a hard time justifiying the costs to their publics.

And also, I suspect, they couldn't just 'copy' the apollo rockets or anything like that. It'd have to be a massive program and there'd have to be the will to do it. No one seems to have that will now.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There has been no need, what are you going for?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
We got all the bio-weapons virus/bacteria we needed. Mission to Mars is looking for new ones.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
because weve been to the moon already and there's not much else you could do there apart from build some sort of moon colony which we don't yet have the technology to do. anyway why spend billions on going to the moon when you can spend a little more and go to mars

also space exploration is very dangerous showed by the 7 that died a year or so ago, and that was supposed to be routine. it goes to show how routine space exploration isnt and that untill it does become routine we won't be going to the moon any time soon.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
1. We went there many times, and got pretty much what we needed it would seem.
2. Expensive endeavor to get something you already have.
3. Still just as risky as it always was.
4. Would need a new purpose (such as establishing a jumping off platform for future space missions) to be worthwhile...we aren't quite ready for that committment yet it seems.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hopefuly, In my lifetime they willhave colonys on the moon!, And may-be even mars.... Lol, On a serious note/ i think they dont wanna colonize the moon cause they will declare independence! and there will be a war! Same thing with mars lol! A War between the United Earth and The Confedrate Mars!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
EDIT: Offensive comment deleted.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Future Mars and Moon colonies will be a part of the UED. Although I do see a civil war between Mars and Earth(The Moon Colonies shall be on the Earth's side of the war). Eventually the Mars colonie will gain its independance and make there own colonies on the moons of Jupitor and beyond. Earth will make floating colonies(big a$$ space ships) that will be able to go to different galaxies.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
The Future Mars and Moon colonies will be a part of the UED. Although I do see a civil war between Mars and Earth(The Moon Colonies shall be on the Earth's side of the war). Eventually the Mars colonie will gain its independance and make there own colonies on the moons of Jupitor and beyond. Earth will make floating colonies(big a$$ space ships) that will be able to go to different galaxies.

Yeah too bad i wont be alive when this happens! I would love to be in a intergalactic war!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think that this talk of Moon and Mars colonies and intergalactic war may be a tad sensationalist, especially in terms of our own lifetime. For a start for an offworld colony to want independence it would have to be self sufficient, with it's own space programme to provide transportation, it's own government, it's own farming or food production, etc. I think that this is a -long- way off, far too long to be able to speculate on with any hope of accuracy of knowledge.

Originally posted by ngage
Offensive comment deleted.

excuse me? Was that necessary, witty or just insulting?

When you say see do you mean predict, think it likely, think it possible or think it would sound cool? And I think it may be a tad premature to exclaim with such certainty that there will be Mars and Moon colonies that will progress to such a state of comfort and civilsation that they will desire independance.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i dont know i am sorry i will delete it its just my opioin

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
I think that this talk of Moon and Mars colonies and intergalactic war may be a tad sensationalist, especially in terms of our own lifetime. For a start for an offworld colony to want independence it would have to be self sufficient, with it's own space programme to provide transportation, it's own government, it's own farming or food production, etc. I think that this is a -long- way off, far too long to be able to speculate on with any hope of accuracy of knowledge.

well sorry but if the chinese went to the moon they would probally end up bringing some thing back and eating it.look what they do with nearly all earths animals.

excuse me? Was that necessary, witty or just insulting?

When you say see do you mean predict, think it likely, think it possible or think it would sound cool? And I think it may be a tad premature to exclaim with such certainty that there will be Mars and Moon colonies that will progress to such a state of comfort and civilsation that they will desire independance.

I was jokeing... Of course i wont live to see it i give it hmmm atleast 400 years!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
heh, s all good. Sorry, I sounded really angry in that post didn't I?

Just wasn't sure whether there was joking or seriousness being expressed, and it was aimed at killak420, or whatever his name is, not you.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Didnt your mom teach you, "If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything?"

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Didnt your mom teach you, "If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything?"

I thought is was "If dont have anything nice to say, then your probably talking about George Bush" ohh may-be thats just me!

Sorry off topic.........

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Japan could go to the Moon if they really wanted. In fact, I think they've already put stuff in orbit around it. And don't discount Russia, I'm sure if they REALLY wanted to they could pull together and get there too.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
How many Titans have been launched with shrouded payloads since the sixties? Remember the Titan's most famous payload, 'Gemini'? What most people don't know is that Gemini was (is?) a lunar landing capable technology. Much of this program was/is black. So the answer to your very pertinent question could very well be "they have".

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well the ESA is still interested in the moon. Now do the most detailed complete map ever.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
They didnt really go to the Moon, it was just a TV show.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join