It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of Silver to go to Almost Nothing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well now fellows we do not need prophecy and predictions to predict the economic instability on the way. The charts and patterns, not to mention the dire warning from people like Warren Buffet, Jame Dimon, Bill Gross, various Central Banks around the developed world, and many other professionals in the industry who are already moving their assets around kind of give a big hint as well.

Unfortunately that does not translate historically into $0.10 an ounce silver. The entire globes supply would be purchased in under 24 hours. No in fact, the price should go drastically in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

to be blunt - your " dreams " dont understand ecconomics

to explain - the price of silver will not plummet overnight in issolation

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just tilled the garden, I better get my spuds in the ground before everything collapses.
It's good incentive to get my butt in gear and get that garden set. Better than letting it go till the last minute.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When the mainstream tells you to buy up as much gold and silver as you can to ride-out the coming economic collapse, red flags should have gone up.

Gold and silver will not be worth a damn when a real problem arises. Its better to stock-up on real valuable stuff like food, water and toilet paper.

So many have been fooled.

edit on 5-5-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

wrong! you wont be trading with person to person until an established order has arisen. There are always factions that rise to power in the interim, and it is those in power who you trae your silver and gold with. After a faction has taken control once again an exchange rate is setup and everyone else starts to trade in silver and gold.

However this is America, and contingency already exists to maintain power during economic collapse. As a result, the power system will remain in place and you can easily exchange your silver and gold because the power brokers who remain in charge will continue to demand it, whether in tribute or tax.

However stockpiling food and meds doesnt hurt.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I'll go with the food and the "other" precious metals (copper and lead)

Ezekiel 7:19 (NIRV) " 'They will throw their silver into the streets. Their gold will be like an "unclean" thing. Their silver and gold will not be able to save them on the day I pour out my anger on them. They will not be able to satisfy their hunger. Their stomachs will not be full. Their silver and gold have tripped them up. They have made them fall into sin.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmmm... I see. I dont think this event is the return of God however, just another designed by men economic crash, one that is going to hurt worse than usual. But not "brother against brother fighting over a grain of rice" bad.

I grow some food at my parents house anyways. If it comes down to it, there are a # ton of Muscavy ducks that are great eating. not to mention chickens and rabbits are very rapid sustainable sources of protein.

I also grow herbs and spices, another commodity that may trade well when mass transit and production can no longer stock the shelves at your nearest grocer. I would rather live off of a fresh natural diet anyways. Plus the fact we are well armed means it wont be hard to find food here. I will stick to the money that those in power are always willing to accept.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
If it crashes, then it is a good time to buy. Don't sell trying to recoop your losses though. Sit on any silver you already own until the price goes back up.

Assuming you have anything to buy with. A crash generally puts people out of everything.

That's the trick isn't it? If you are good at it, you become a millionaire and if you suck you are destitute.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

wrong! you wont be trading with person to person until an established order has arisen

Why is that? People will begin trading with each other immediately after the need to arises. No one will wait for an "established order" to pop-up. They will walk next door and trade with their neighbors. They have toilet paper, I need some. I have soap, they need some.......etc.

What you said in your post makes it seem like investing in gold and silver is a good way to become completely dependent on whatever power base does rise after an economic collapse. That is not good, no matter how you look at it. But if you did trade with the "power base" with gold and silver, you would never get the full value out of it. If they are the only ones that you can trade with in gold and silver, they are going to fleece you as much as they can.

Also, lets not forget that very few people actually possess physical gold and silver. Most precious metal investments are in paper form, as there isn't enough physical metal to go around. Why would a power base setup a massive gold and silver exchange when the vast majority of people don't own gold and silver?

The only way to prepare for an economic collapse is to invest in things that people will need that can be traded without the need to have some "authority" or exchange setup to oversee the transactions. Toilet paper, meds, food, water, soap, fishing gear, etc, etc.

Investing in gold and silver is a scam and has been for quite some time.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

History disagrees with you. Its only appears to be a scam because your entire life has dealt with funny monopoly money in a system that was designed to devalue real assets in exchange for a debt based system. There are very few people alive in this country today who have even experienced a society not trading with debt based funny money. Therefore the concept seems laughable to most. But thousands of years of human history will only prove one thing. When funny money is realized for the lie that it is, people go back to the real deal.

And whoever just so happens to be in charge will always accept bullion as an exchange. Your more than welcome to trade TP, canned food, and tools or whatever. Rather than stockpiling you shoud be identifying what you can produce on a regular basis that may be necessary for many people. such as spices, tools, blades, piping, ammo and so on. You can even grow aloe by the # ton and process your own burn ointment and sell that as well.

You are right that most people do not own physical silver or gold. They will be the ones volunteering for FEMA camps for assistance from the government. When a person has nothing to offer the power brokers in exchange for social services, they will gladly accept your SELF as payment.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't disagree that a system that trades in precious metals would eventually put in place, but what I am saying is that all throughout history people have traded goods and services as well and considering that most people do not own gold or silver, a fact that you concede, bartering will be the only option until things stabilize and a new monetary system is created.

In fact, you can see this in effect now as sites like craigslist have seen a huge increase in it's use of the barter section. People are trading with each other even now.

So my entire point is that you can buy gold and silver, but it will not be worth anything after a collapse UNTIL a new system is in place. What will you use to trade until that point? The items you and I already suggested along with special skill sets.

As far as FEMA camps.....I cannot go there with you on that. That's a bit too loony for me and I don't believe the FEMA camps are what most people think they are.
edit on 6-5-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Even if silver crashes, I will still be the only guy on the block that can kill werewolves.
Yeah, I have silver bullets.
12 gauge slugs, and .308 rifle rounds.

You've got to admire a man who is prepared for anything.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

or pity the fool who bases his " preparation " on unevidenced bollox

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wonder what sort of impact a purely electronic currency like bitcoin might have on the fiat and commodities market, since it would be essentially backed by nothing more than an algorithm?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
When the mainstream tells you to buy up as much gold and silver as you can to ride-out the coming economic collapse, red flags should have gone up.

Gold and silver will not be worth a damn when a real problem arises. Its better to stock-up on real valuable stuff like food, water and toilet paper.

So many have been fooled.

Alternately, they'll be worth plenty but you won't have them because the government is counting on you to. Then the robber baron authorities come in a take what you have. They did it with gold during the Great Depression. They simply made it illegal to own it. If worse comes to worse, the government will see all the precious metals sitting in people's caches ... just like they see how much we have all saved for our retirements now ... and they will pass some kind of law making confiscation of it "legal" for them.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ha, my friend, this whole thing is such a, dare I say it, crap shoot. For example, there are a couple of Bible coders I peruse, but I always do so with an extreme grain of salt because while what they find my be genuine, there is also an extreme element of personal bias in what they do. After all, they have to personally decide what terms they will choose to search for in their charts, so that is all generated at the level of the personal.

So, you seem to have found a verifiable pattern and it definitely speaks to you. You felt drawn to it. And clearly, Nasreen's visions also speak to you, but maybe what you're uneasy about is that personal bias element. You have to rely on her to interpret what she's seeing. Maybe elements of her dreams speak to you differently than they speak to her? Maybe that's what's bothering you.

Anyhow, why do you think I don't put my own dreams forward except in very rare instances? One is because I don't feel compelled to.

Mainly I go where my gut leads and trust God to guide my instincts in the right direction. For that reason, there are very, very few things I will commit to with certainty. Most are things I that I see the overall pattern shifting to.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Interesting I was just reading an article about JP Morgan buying up silver and the price dropping, scary.

A

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh and by the way I do believe you misunderstood what i meant by " would they also manipulate the metal markets to do the same ", What I meant by that was the US and who ever is pulling the US's stings manipulating the metals markets to harm those BRICKS countries.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Unless there is some incredible find of silver ore somewhere
in the world---something mind bogglingly huge--the price of
silver should remain steady.

A stock market crash sends investors scrambling into safe assets
like precious metals which causes the price of silver to go up. The
inverse is also true, when the market goes up, precious metals go
down. I have been watching this happen daily for years.

So, barring a MAJOR bullish run of the market I think your dream
was simply that....a dream.

A few years back I advised every ATS member to buy junk silver
under $19 (if it ever got that low) because, in a SHTF situation, junk
silver is easily recognized and traded, unlike gold and silver bars
which could be forged.

Right now junk silver is an excellent buy. With the price of oil
down, and the stock market on a bull run, the price of silver can
only increase from here. I expect silver to be trading above twenty
dollars an ounce soon.....very soon.

BTW I sold all my junk silver at $34 back in 2013...I haven't
taken my own advice yet, but the stock market is a better
investment at the moment.

edit on 10-5-2015 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

or pity the fool who bases his " preparation " on unevidenced bollox

That's just what the werewolf hordes want you to think.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join