It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of intention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Years ago I heard about how intention had power and how it could be used to shape one's reality, I was very interested in new age and things like the law of attraction. I tried at the time but I didn't notice any change so I became uninterested.

But a strange thing happened or at least unusual enough for me to post about it. After 8 months of looking for a job and not being succesful I read an article about finding work and one's attitude. That day I changed my attitude and intention I had towards future employers from "Please help me out and hire me" to "Let me help you out with that".

Within a few weeks I became more succesful and got more invitations to job interviews. After a few interviews I landed a job and I really feel lucky because it's very different from my previous jobs, all coworkers are nice and decent people, no negativity, hardly any pressure. I really believe I attracted this job because I changed my intent and my previous jobs were less nice because I had a wrong intention towards work.

So maybe this helps other people looking for a job but not getting anything.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I am a big beliver in this and have used it many times to good effect.

Sometimes you need to bend the universe in your intended direction but I feel that there is always an equal and opposite force that will push back the other way.

I imagine there will be some members popping along soon to tell you that it's just hippy nonsense but the proof as they say is in the pudding.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This certainly might help. I have been job hunting for the last year after the trades took a hit. Maybe this could be the trick after sending hundreds of resumes and filling out just as many applications.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You are absolutely right that intention influences our outcomes, among other things.

It's good to see other people realizing these things, and hopefully taking more of a dominant role in where their life ends up.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Seems what you're saying is you went from "I want to flip burgers because I need a job." to " I want to flip burgers because I can't get enough. I love the industry and the people. Let me help you flip burgers better."

You invested yourself in the job. You got interested. Once you were interested, you could coast on the positive energy.

So like focus on the job not on the desire to have a job.
edit on 5-5-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yea if you can get a JOB and along with that a LIFE, why not, it's better then trying to always hatch a scheme, you might even get a girl, if you like that....

Yea it's all a mind set, different things work for different people....

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'd rather sit at home all day and ponder life's wonders, just kidding or am i, anyway the power of intent has always been something that anyone into metaphysics or meta-magick will tell you is real, it just depends on your mind set in terms of the perceptual mater.....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

you need to get strong emotions behind afirmative intention...and persistence....than it works. People want things overnight. It doesnt work like that.

new topics

top topics

join