It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 very simple question for chemtrail believers...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaceMyBook

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FaceMyBook

So you don't believe anything read in a book, or anywhere then...

Exactly. I believe not a single word of written history.

One of my favorite books was about the destruction of literature over thousands of years & how much assumed information has been lost. I'm excessively wary of anything having to do with modern reality.

Learning & knowledge come from personal dissemination of all information received. Too many people will believe anything so long as it fits their long term conditioned ideals. Religious doctrine/documents being the most apt example.

Oh please. I realy hate it when people saything like this. As if because we believe the history we were taught at school, it makes us idiots. "What? You actually belive that napoleon was defeated? You FOOL!"

I would suggest thats it farm FAR more silly to not believe a single word of written history. Jesus, what an exhausting way to go through life. Comstantly paranoid and fighting some unseeen power that be. No thanks. ill use my brains and experience to consider what i need to reconsider. Im fairly safe that the knowledge i have about Egyptians and the french revolution that i got from school does not have to be re-examined.

That does not mean that i belive everything we were told about 9/11 or that i will just bend over willingly for any govt agency.
edit on 6-5-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
By the way, i love how nothing my initial questions are now totally lost. I dont mind, its funny how discussions evolve.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

A theory.

I think this may be endemic of a deeper problem. "You believe everything you are told", "I consider everything written in books to be a lie". To most people this is an utterly simplistic way of looking at the world and suggests an inability or unwillingness to deal with the complexities of the ways of the world. Most of us know that there are histories that are more or less true, allowing for potential bias on the authors part and others which are pure propagandist lies, just as some people lie sometimes and some others lie most of the time, but it's impossible to lie all of the time.

Most of us develop an ability in life to discern when this is or isn't happening, either when reading a book or in conversation. It's colloquially called our "bull# detector". It may be that some people lack this ability, in a similar way that my asbergers son cannot read facial expressions, therefore for them to accept that government has lied to them (which we all know politicians do) or that propagandist histories exist, then all politicians must always lie or all histories must be lies in their world view.

The natural consequence of this must therefore be that all sources that expose government lies (even made up ones) MUST be telling you the truth. Therefore chemtrails have to be real because ones world view will not allow it to be any other way.

Hmmmm. Who knows.

edit on 6-5-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

OP, you sound exactly like one of our resident contrail heroes..

Dont worry Dude...your secret is safe with me.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: FaceMyBook

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So you don't believe anything read in a book, or anywhere then...

Exactly. I believe not a single word of written history.

One of my favorite books was about the destruction of literature over thousands of years & how much assumed information has been lost. I'm excessively wary of anything having to do with modern reality.

Learning & knowledge come from personal dissemination of all information received. Too many people will believe anything so long as it fits their long term conditioned ideals. Religious doctrine/documents being the most apt example.

Oh please. I realy hate it when people saything like this. As if because we believe the history we were taught at school, it makes us idiots. "What? You actually belive that napoleon was defeated? You FOOL!"
Comstantly paranoid and fighting some unseeen power that be. No thanks. ill use my brains and experience to consider what i need to reconsider. Im fairly safe that the knowledge i have about Egyptians and the french revolution that i got from school does not have to be re-examined.

You missed the point. None of that matters. It's what we DONT have any information on that I think on more.

Jesus, what an exhausting way to go through life.

You have no idea.
Especially when everyone keeps acting like voting matters while they're being blatantly poisoned by chemtrails.

For the record, I don't believe in chemtrail poisoning, I believe they're turning the sky around certain populated areas into a large hologram, for reasons which can only be pure conjecture.

Have fun in your boring "regular" reality.

ps. My first post did initially answer your 2 questions

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I've read the hologram theory before, it's certainly a fascinating hypothesis, even though it would take much more than I've seen to convince me there was anything to it. However I am curious on one other point. For you to believe they are turning the sky into a giant hologram, what is it that convinces you that contrails aren't just the after effects of global commercial air travel and aren't there for any particular purpose at all?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

i have one question - to expose the utter absurdity of your claim :

why do you believe the contents of the book that you claim documents the ` destruction of literature ` over millenia

hint - only reply directly to the question

i accept that literature has been destroyed [ thats not the issue ] - i want to know why you beleive the claims of your cited book

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Looks like we're drifting just a little off topic here....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

That happened on page 1 with the second post. LOL

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Wow...you actually think im network Dude....LOL

Ill take that as a compliment (as far as ATS goes...who knows, he might be a total as*hat in real life)

Im not, but he is curiously absent. I agree.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

A theory.

I think this may be endemic of a deeper problem. "You believe everything you are told", "I consider everything written in books to be a lie". To most people this is an utterly simplistic way of looking at the world and suggests an inability or unwillingness to deal with the complexities of the ways of the world. Most of us know that there are histories that are more or less true, allowing for potential bias on the authors part and others which are pure propagandist lies, just as some people lie sometimes and some others lie most of the time, but it's impossible to lie all of the time.

Most of us develop an ability in life to discern when this is or isn't happening, either when reading a book or in conversation. It's colloquially called our "bull# detector". It may be that some people lack this ability, in a similar way that my asbergers son cannot read facial expressions, therefore for them to accept that government has lied to them (which we all know politicians do) or that propagandist histories exist, then all politicians must always lie or all histories must be lies in their world view.

The natural consequence of this must therefore be that all sources that expose government lies (even made up ones) MUST be telling you the truth. Therefore chemtrails have to be real because ones world view will not allow it to be any other way.

Hmmmm. Who knows.

i think you are spot on to be honest. i always thought it was odd that these people dont belive a SINGLE word from anyone in authority but hold anything anyone whos against authority as gospel. Its very odd. Why not hold the same skepticism for both sides?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Those aren't the sort of questions the chemtrail believers like to be faced with. Don't challenge the word of their deities

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy

Those aren't the sort of questions the chemtrail believers like to be faced with. Don't challenge the word of their deities

Deities! God help us all if that were true....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Thanks for the homework assignment. Not sure how any of that ties in with your reading books. Or not reading them unless they line up with your ideas, I guess.

Sorry your view on life is so dim and sad.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy

Deities! God help us all if that were true....

They are to them. They are infallible

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

OP, you sound exactly like one of our resident contrail heroes..

Well better than being a resident chemtrail hero...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

originally posted by: Mumbotron
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Contrails are from normal plane traffic. Cloud seeding can be achieved through spraying silver iodide. There are private companies that are currently involved in this sort of stuff. Take a look at the link I gave a few posts back... you can do your own research on the various studies and projects that one company has been doing for the last 60 years. Given the fact that altering weather systems can have various geopolitical consequences, this tech has not been fully disclosed. I am saying silver iodide has been used to alter weather and seed clouds. I can't (nor can anybody) say what is in every one of those cloud seeding planes.

Absolutely none of which has anything to do with the argument that all those photos of contrails and all those claims of "look up" are pure delusion. Cloud seeding, or weather modification, IS well established and well known, even though even practitioners cannot say with 100% certainty that it works. It is slso not visible from the ground and doesn't leave long white trails in the sky, so introducing it as an element of this discussion is a complete red herring.

So I suppose you are a weather mod expert now and your word should be taken as scripture. Funny you should bring up logical fallacies since your comment is all conjecture. Nice way to diffuse (see what I did there) the issue by saying everything coming off planes are chemicals. That sort of overlooks the sulfur dioxide or various other chemicals which are sprayed by planes to make clouds. This tech has been developed in part by the military. You can bet your nay saying hat that the military has plenty of tech and programs you have never heard of nor would believe are true. So tell us more... how do those weather mod planes really work.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mumbotron

So I suppose you are a weather mod expert now

No he isn't, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

This tech has been developed in part by the military. You can bet your nay saying hat that the military has plenty of tech and programs you have never heard of nor would believe are true. So tell us more... how do those weather mod planes really work.

And yet none of them have anything to do with chemtrails...and here is how those weather modification planes work.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mumbotron
Well, if YOU are such an expert, please demonstrate how those criss crossing long white trails in the sky

A - can be shown to be part of a military operation, given that you are SO sure about it.

B - can NOT be the incidental result of normal commercial AND military air traffic dependant on existing local atmospheric conditions.

Otherwise, stop trying to blow smoke up my arse. I am not one of your usual gullible chemtrail saps.

As to the other points that you say are purely opinion and conjecture from me. May I suggest you read the threads on this forum before making comments that make you look foolish.
edit on 12-5-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Just to add, while I have more time, the points that you dismiss as conjecture and diffusion (you know, when you thought you were being clever) are not my points. They are claims made be chemtrail believers that I was simply summarising so, on that point, I completely agree with you.

edit on 12-5-2015 by waynos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join