It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wondered why people hated Mayweather...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So do I now after watching this.

Sod it someone arrange a one on one...me and my massive arms v his cowardly unsportinglike behaviour.

Oh and the old dude interviewing him....

edit on 5-5-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
protect yourself at all times

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ortiz deserved it. You don't head but in boxing.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What a classy champ

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You do realize the main reason people hate him is because of his domestic violence stuff, right?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Epirus

Just been reading about that.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And best believe if Mr. Larry Merchant was a good 30-40years younger he would of decked mayweather. That man is a legend (the interviewer in the ring after the fight)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Epirus
You do realize the main reason people hate him is because of his domestic violence stuff, right?

A violent boxer, who'd of thunk.He is a dick though.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It has Jack # to do with anything boxing related although people who want a flamboyant, entertaining & exciting fighter will be disappointed - it's because he's a violent, wife-beating scumbag.
The guy is a classless, arrogant asshole!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with that. In fact I applaud it. I would have done the same thing if an opponent left himself completely wide open. The ref gave the signal to "box" and that is what Mayweather did.

Apologies have their place after the fight.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

Nothing wrong with that. In fact I applaud it. I would have done the same thing if an opponent left himself completely wide open. The ref gave the signal to "box" and that is what Mayweather did.

Apologies have their place after the fight.

So in other words, just like the guy in the ring, you have no honor. With that sort of mentality, I wouldn't trust you with anything. But hey, with how you and the pos in the ring talk, you wouldn't care, because you feel you're in the right.

I feel for the people that know you. :\

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

You have no idea what you're talking about. It was a boxing match with clear and specific rules. I don't expect you to understand but what happened in that fight has nothing to do with Honor. A fighter that leaves their guard down after being told to fight deserves to be knocked out.

In fact, judging by the way you sneer at me, I suspect you have no idea what the concept of Honor is. I hope you enjoyed your moment...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

He was clearly apologizing and didn't have his hands up. And you can use the "keep your hands up at all times" justification, but it's still dirty and nothing to be proud of. You applaud a fighter in that situation and still think he deserves the win? Any way you can get a win, even if there's zero challenge right? That would be like a pitcher throwing a strike past the batter before he can get completely in the box in his stance. Sure it would still count as a strike I guess, but it's dirty and disrespectful to the game.

Mayweather is hated for a lot of reasons, but he'll get what's coming to him eventually. Just a matter of time before he beats another woman. Beating women btw, says everything you need to know about a man. How many times has he assaulted a man his own size? Even if the guy was his size he probably just waited for him to turn his back.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No that is not how you do it. If the man is letting His guard down to apologize about what he did then it is different then letting your guard down in the middle of a fight.

It was a cheap shot plain and simple. Hence why he wouldn't answer the question straight.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Cowardly act it is and if you wpuld do that it also makes you a coward.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Controversy = Ratings and keeps people coming back for more. People will keep tuning in to see if he will get his butt handed to him in a later fight.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Arn't all boxers violent nasty bits of work at the best of times? Would you take one home to meet your mum?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

sorry if I might not be totally on topic with your op but I would like to add an opinion of Kambodian premier Hun Sun who obviously doesn’t like Mayweather too much either

He is pretty disgusted and upset with Mayweather and the American judges in this fight and won’t even pay up his boxing dept he lost in the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

According to ‚Cambodia Daily‘ the prime minister said „those amongst us who saw this fight would not have given Floyd a single point.”

“Yesterday, those of us watching couldn’t give a point for Floyd, but the three judges unanimously decided that Floyd won,” Mr. Hun Sen said during the ground-breaking ceremony of National Road 55 in Pursat province.

“I send a message to American judges to provide an explanation for why Floyd won,” he said. “Floyd was just running around—blocking and avoiding—while Pacquiao repeatedly threw more and more punches, punching him to lie against the ropes.”

Mr. Hun Sen said he placed a $5,000 bet on the match, but said he would not pay up in protest of the decision. “Now if we are talking about yesterday’s fight, I owe you, but I will not pay,” he said, suggesting that a potential rematch between the two boxers be fought in China to avoid U.S. influence.

“I didn’t expect that American judges would be so weak,” he said. “I just know America clearly now. Judges made a unanimous decision to make a winner become a loser.”

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Meh who cares.

20 yrs from now I expect lulz.

Vh1 behind the illiteracy.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Mayweather can barely even read. It's kind of sad and weird since he's still insanely successful. We live in a weird world. People who are really dumb can still make millions.

top topics

join