It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advise please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'd stay away from them milk products bud, Ur gunna regret it.

Diabetes and milk

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

i actually saw a write up on milk that said because of the human growth hormones cows are fed to increase milk output, that milk actually has a stronger insulin effect than insulin, but you have to drink it frequently. cheese doesn't have this benefit, but cheese also lacks many of the things that are bad about milk. personally, i can't drink alot of milk because it creates so much phlegm, which upsets my stomach, but i make sure to drink at least one glass a day.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Milks okay to drink, But when confronting a problem that could be an auto-immune deficiency. Lactos intolerance. Or simply digestion organs working overtime it is good to begin a process of elimination and stick with things that have have a Yes or a no answer.

One glass a day is perfect for a completely healthy individual. But it is not for someone who is sick. I get phlem from drinking milk as well and was born lactos intolerant as a baby but grew an a resistance to the immunity enzymes in milk.

Tho, i cannot drink it all the time because it gives me a stomach ache. I'v had to learn the hard way and reduce it from my diet. I still eat cheese and such but i try not to do it everyday. It's hard kicking a bad diet that so many people binge on around you. Expecially the social aspect of food. Its hard to say no when your family and friends buy food food that otherwise on the diet you would not be eating.

However once the rutine is established, comfort foods can be added. There are plenty of plants that provide an incredible ammount of calcium.

it isn't a direct comparison, but it's worth noting that kale has 150 mg of calcium per 100 grams, while milk has 125 mg.
Vitamine D Can be absorbed from fish as fish has a higher ammount of D plus omega fatty acids.
Hemp hearts would be good as well.

edit on am50000003115Tue, 05 May 2015 05:00:29 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent I take omeprazrol. It's a good medication, especially for indigestion. I have to take it because I take a lot of medications

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Now I'm in Germany for a few months, i don't speak the language and i don't know if i have health insurance, frankly I hate doctors and would like to avoid them like the plague.

You need to seek help, including finding a way to help yourself.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

yeah my sister did that. her doctor kept telling her she had ulcerative collitis. so she went to a natural doctor who told her to isolate out what foods she was eating every day. to do this she had to limit her food intake to only one kind of food per day, with a filler food that she already knew wouldn't upset her stomach. so she started with oats as her filler food and then methodically went thru, a day at a time, every kind of food she normally ate. so she'd have oats and eggs one day, and oats and vegetable soup the next day, etc. in this fashion she found out that literally everything except oats was upsetting her stomach. it wasn't till years later that she found out she had acid reflux disease not ulcerative collitis. i have no idea how it went from being intestinal to esophageal. maybe the oats fixed the intestinal issue, wouldn't be surprised, they are so good for you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Oats are amazing, humans have been eating them for thousands of years. Which is why i suggested it for our diabetes friend here.

It's up to him tho if he wants to take up this challenge. And as far as food costs go, the only expensive part about it eating such a way is shelf-life isn't longer than a week for such a diet.

But going to a grocery store every week to grab fresh veggies after work isn't a bad thing. It can actually be cheaper in the long run because processed foods end up costing more. And take out food such as fast food even more.

If anything packaged food is a rip off. Under 20$ and i can survive a week on kale, a carton of eggs a bag of apples 1K of oats. And some Deli-cut fish easily. I'm not gunna sit there and eat a whole carton, a 1.50$ batch of kale, a bag of apples, in one or 2 days. Oats last longerthan a week. it takes a while to get through 1K of oats ect. And that's just the basics. FIsh would be about the most expensive thing and depending on what kind of fish it is size can make it more than 20$ but that really isn't so bad considering its gunna feed myself for a week lol.

A pizza costs 20$ and it feeds 3 people for 3-6 hours. or one person for 2 days.
edit on am5u3115Tue, 05 May 2015 05:27:01 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

can do one of these, then won't have to go to the store every day

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

i'm actually working on that right now just waiting for my grow-up to reach maximum yeild. I also have a garden in my front yard as well growing oragano, chieves, strawberries, thyme bazil, Tomatos, Mustard, Onions, radishes, Butter Lettus, Kale, Cabbage and broccoli

As for my hydro-grow i am growing mostly the greens inside. Strawberries plants stay outside since they grow back every-year. Also im growing the kale inside as well too because i want it all year round hahahhaha.

I was just mearly saying that when i do go shopping. I can choose a small list and 20$ goes a long way. Even for here in BC where everything is overpriced. Milk is 5$ for 4L here. So if i can stay at 20$ or less. i am doing turbo on my budget lol.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

i'm actually working on that right now just waiting for my grow-up to reach maximum yeild. I also have a garden in my front yard as well growing oragano, chieves, strawberries, thyme bazil, Tomatos, Mustard, Onions, radishes, Butter Lettus, Kale, Cabbage and broccoli

As for my hydro-grow i am growing mostly the greens inside. Strawberries plants stay outside since they grow back every-year. Also im growing the kale inside as well too because i want it all year round hahahhaha.

I was just mearly saying that when i do go shopping. I can choose a small list and 20$ goes a long way. Even for here in BC where everything is overpriced. Milk is 5$ for 4L here. So if i can stay at 20$ or less. i am doing turbo on my budget lol.

eek i'm jealous. i have 2 tangerine trees that fruit up every winter with thousands, and i do mean, thousands, of tangerines. never seen so many fruits on trees before and they are delicious. then an orange tree that grows awful oranges, i think they are decorative oranges rather than edible. whoever thought of that, was wasting a good resource. then we have some cherry tomatoes but they keep growing up too fast and dying. that's when i decided we need to grow hydroponic veggies instead. just have to keep the 2 dogs and 2 cats, out of them lol i mean i'm in a subtropical zone, should be able to grow lots and lots of stuff outside but been a bit of a struggle with veggies

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

If you are vomiting you are suffering from some form of poison.

To help you I need to know everything about you,

Food
Drugs
History
Even clothing you wear

Keep in mind western medicine doctor can help you but just as likely help kill you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There are a couple of chemicals in potatoes that can help with the bad feeling in the guts. If yeast is an issue, their weapon to help them prevail is acetelaldehyde. It's also a metabolite of alcohol created by yeast. To neutralize this, oatmeal or cheerios work well, plus the milk also helps to slowly reduce the yeast.

I really have not researched type one diabetes much. It sounds like once it has progressed it is very difficult to undo. Taking insulin is the only option presently but maybe in the future they might find a better way of actually fixing it instead of treating it..

I'd go to the doctors there, it could be something completely different. The microbes they use there in processing some meats might not be tolerated by you well. Even the microbes or their secretions used to ferment sauerkraut isn't tolerated by lots of people. Others there might not be effected much by the microbes in the environment, they may even be beneficial to them.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Go see a doctor. Now. They will have many speaking English.

A conpiracy website is nowhere to come for such questions/symptoms.

Be smart, dont self diagnose or treat.

I am only qualified to tell you that. GO. Please.

MS
Advanced Disaster Life Support
EMT/ERT

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm at the hospital now, being here for the last 5 hours, they are going to keep me 3 days.

seems i may have very small gallstones (gallsand?) may be end jobless and in debt after this, seems i dint do the paperwork i needed to do before traveling here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join