It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something i noticed when taking pics of the sky today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So I work in Mesa AZ and it was supposed to be a stormy day today so I thought I'd take some pics of the storm coming in.. and when I got home to upload some of these pics I couldn't help but notice some strange objects..

Now, Keep in mind all these photos were taken at different times from different vantage points.. yet I still see the same anomoly.. Can anyone help identify this?

PS Sorry if this is the wrong forum
I'm still new

HERE ARE THE UNEDITED PHOTOS

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Also I am doing this all from my phone, so I do apologize for the poor quality

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It's a camera artifact that appears to be on your lens. You can see multiple artifacts if you look closely. As the camera resolution increases you will see things that you don't catch with the human eye, trust me. This is not a UFO but most probably..... A pubic hair.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Looks like a cartoon image bro, but i think your telling the truth, maybe some kind of particle structure that formed dunno...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
It's a camera artifact that appears to be on your lens. You can see multiple artifacts if you look closely. As the camera resolution increases you will see things that you don't catch with the human eye, trust me. This is not a UFO but most probably..... A pubic hair.

I thought this at first as well but I took other pics around the same time without this glitch..

Not saying its a ufo but I am curious to know all possibilities as to what this may be.. good input though, thank you

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
Looks like a cartoon image bro, but i think your telling the truth, maybe some kind of particle structure that formed dunno...

I know right? That's why I'm so curious.. When I zoomed in after noticing the weird dot after I uploaded to FB I was Weirded out by what I saw.. just due to the weird shape of it alone

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: evol702

The "artifacts" within these photos lie solely with your camera my friend. I believe in life outside of Earth and I have anything but a closed mind but these pictures are clearly the result of debris on the lens.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The "artifacts" within these photos lie solely with your camera my friend. I believe in life outside of Earth and I have anything but a closed mind but these pictures are clearly the result of debris on the lens.

My only question to that is why doesnt it show on two selfies I took In between these photos

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just one of the many Pods. Tho to the average person. They are called Saucers.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
repost.. sorry
edit on 5-5-2015 by evol702 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Looks more like bellybutton lint. (yuck)
edit on 5-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: evol702

My only question to that is why doesnt it show on two selfies I took In between these photos

Because dust and other debris are highly dynamic, especially outside.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Did you take the "selfies" with the rear-facing camera?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Whatever is on the lens seems to be moving and sticking, something that has a static charge to it. It could be internal also.

Maybe it is on the selfies but it is just not easily seen, hiding amongst the darker colors.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Bingo!!

Phones have two camera lenses - you've got debris on the 'back' lens (pictures of sky), but no debris on the 'front' lens (selfies)...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have no idea what it is, but I don't think it's debris.
Reminds me of something I've seen a while ago. I didn't take any pictures unfortunately.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Bingo!!

Phones have two camera lenses - you've got debris on the 'back' lens (pictures of sky), but no debris on the 'front' lens (selfies)...

Front camera is broken... So no.. rear camera was used for selfies.. I'm not stupid and would not have brought up that point if the FFC was used

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: justbe
I have no idea what it is, but I don't think it's debris.
Reminds me of something I've seen a while ago. I didn't take any pictures unfortunately.

I wish I could say I was paying close enough attention to notice the object when the photo was taken but I was not.. I went up to the roof of my work place (since I'm a manager I do that whenever the sky looks amazing to take pics) and just snapped a couple quick pics and when back downstairs

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I do want to note that I don't fully discard the debris on camera lens theory but I want to hear more theories that are plausible.. Granted if the thought becomes unanimous then I will accept the theory..

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You've got a very dirty sensor or dead pixels...Or maybe a little of both.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Not sure why they "didn't show up" in the selfies, but this happens. A lot.

Time to clean your camera's sensor (if it's a DSLR), get it checked out by a professional, or replace it if it's a point and shoot.

If it's dirt, the "anomaly" will go away. If it's dead pixels, just replace it or edit it out with PS or GIMP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join