It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those That Condemn Homosexuality I Ask, Where Are Your Tassels!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: socketdude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: socketdude

Then why even volunteer your opinion? This is a discussion forum, not a note board where you just post your opinion and move on. In a forum, you post your opinion then you discuss it with others.

Just to get the idea out there in the mix, to fight against the BS propaganda that "homosexuality is normal".

You aren't fighting anything by just dropping your opinion with flimsy reasoning then refusing to entertain conflicting opinions. In fact, to any REAL critical thinker, that just shows you may have something to hide from the conversation.

To educate people who maybe were on the fence or afraid to voice their opinion too. You're not alone, there are millions out there that know homosexuality is a mental health issue affecting less than 1% of the population.

Telling people your opinion as truth isn't educating anyone. It is just stating propaganda.

That's another fallacy I'd like to address as well. The homosexuality-is-normal crowd like to mouth that 10% of the population is homosexual (lol) -- they like to pretend and propagate dis-information that the numbers are bigger to make it seem "more normal". This is a downright lie. The numbers are closer to under 1% of people with homosexuality.

How do you know? Where is your study that says this? If you want to educate anyone on any topic, you need to start by posting links and evidence to your claims. Things aren't true just because you said so.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I stick up for those who need it, I have a gay uncle and have seen the crap he has had to pit up with.
I stick up for the minoritys so they can get equal rights....kinda what true christians should be doing.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

thing is, many people call themselves Christian who aren't.. and people who aren't showing Jesus in their actions might not be Christian.. might just be saying it.

Cannot blame the religion for that.. just the people.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I enjoy having sex with an animal, am I going to seek help if I enjoy it so much? No.

Let's pretend I get to the top ladder of a media outlet, wouldn't be good if I started to drip feed it to the public that animal-sex is normal.

Hey, wouldn't it be great if I got my friends jobs at the top.. and they infiltrated other companies and also covertly drip feed the dis-info that animal sex is normal. Hey, people having sex with animals is like 10% of the population - it's normal.

Let's also work in some animal-sex stories in soaps and television, desensitise everyone.

There's your conspiracy bro. It's real.

Would you agree that wanting to mate with an animal is a mental health issue?

If yes, then why?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There is a difference...all to do with consent.
An animal can not give consent.
Also not human if you can't see the difference maybe kt is you who is mentally unwell.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Oh because you came up with a scenario describing a conspiracy than it MUST be true? All science and evidence to contrary be damned? No need to post evidence of your own either, your reasoning is CLEARLY sound and no other possibilities could be the case either. Like I said, you are just spewing propaganda (opinion disguised as truth).

By the way, humans are animals so humans have sex with animals all the time. Though I'm sure you were talking about humans having sex with non-human animals. In that case, I would describe that as akin to rape. There is no mutual consent from both parties agreeing to the sex, so it is wrong.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I stick up for the minoritys so they can get equal rights....kinda what true christians should be doing.

I agree. In my experience there are two types of Christian.

There are those (the minority) who are hung up on the exactitude of the words and therefore are intolerant of people. In this intolerance they display very un-Christian behaviours.

Then there are Christians who actually roll with the spirit of the text and update the Bible to the context of the modern age. These people "tolerate" homosexuality at the least, even where they may not like it, but do so in a way that does not bring intolerance and hated into the equation. In this environment open gay people can go to church without repercussion and are part of the Christian family.

All religions are like this. Islam is even worse because the interpretation of the words leave less room for modern context. This is why in some Muslim countries people can be put to death for homosexuality. Thank God that even this abomination is no longer the case in most Christian societies, even where there is literal interpretation and intolerance.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There is a difference...all to do with consent.
An animal can not give consent.
Also not human if you can't see the difference maybe kt is you who is mentally unwell.

I'm not talking about the legality of having sex with an animal, I'm asking whether or not I would be deemed to have mental health issues for wanting to have sex with Lassie?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There is no mutual consent from both parties agreeing to the sex, so it is wrong.

Yes legally it is "wrong". But I'm asking whether one would be considered to be mentally ill for wanting to have sex with an animal in the first place.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I gotta go - pizza - but it was nice talking to you guys!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I sure do love these "Atheists telling Christians how to be Christians" threads.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yes it is an illness but it has nothing to do with homsexuals.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Iam not an athiest.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yes it is an illness but it has nothing to do with homsexuals.

Why is it an illness? Because I'm not supposed to have sex with animals? Says who? Or is it because it's unnatural? Why is it unnatural? Is it because I cannot reproduce with an animal? Hmm?

Point and case!! Thank you very much! *bows down* Thank you everyone! Now, pizza time!
edit on 5-5-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There is no mutual consent from both parties agreeing to the sex, so it is wrong.

Yes legally it is "wrong". But I'm asking whether one would be considered to be mentally ill for wanting to have sex with an animal in the first place.

I don't think so. You'd have to show that there is a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes the person predisposed to being attracted to animals. That's how you prove there is a mental illness.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Out of Curiosity, how does homosexuality meet the requirements for a mental disorder? And how do you reconcile the viewpoint with it being removed from DSM-IV and no longer considered as such by mental health professionals?

Please see clause (A). Oh and I answered your question in the post anyway.

k thx bye!

Oh my humble apologies. I thought this was a forum for discussion, not hit and run tactics by children. And FYI you answered nothing. Not that I expected you to do so but I was willing to extend you the benefit of the doubt just in case you were capable and willing to discuss things like an adult but since you choose to hide behind "Clause A" there's obviously no room for a civil dialogue with you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I do know someone who was sectipned for having sex with a cow...but he did have other problems also.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I sure do love these "Bigots telling Christians not to be bigots" threads. lol

Anyway OP, I don't wear tassels because I don't want people to think I'm gay. Tassels cause my homophobia to flair up.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Just come out of the closet dude you will be finally happy.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I stopped reading after your very first sentence. Let me correct you.

Most heterosexuals think homosexuality is filthy and disgusting. Its a natural self defense mechanism built into us, so I don't understand why you folks are always pointing the finger at Christians.

Got any evidence to back that up? The only hetero's I know that think that are Christians, and a few others. Everyone else I know excepts it just fine.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join