It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was doing some light reading on non-lethal weaponry recently. Non-lethal sounds great, but most of them would leave you wishing you were dead. But there are still two problems, even with modern technology. They still require a line of sight and they aren't efficient for crowd control. So I started thinking, what would work? A few conspiracy theories ran through my mind and two collided...

What if you were to spray a thick viscous atomized liquid in a concentrated layer over an area you wished to subdue, then hit it with an energy beam from something like a HARP array? Its possible that the liquid would flash to gas, at approximately 300:1 ratio, which would make a concussion about the size of a city block, maybe more.

That might be an effective way to disperse or subdue a problematic crowd...

It was just a thought but I figured why not throw it out there and see what people think.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

For what it's worth, there's already an area denial spray that can be used to turn a patch of grass, concrete, whatever in to a ridiculously difficult surface to navigate for humans and wheeled vehicles.

The videos of it being tested are pretty entertaining.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That sounds interesting, and entertaining.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Check that out. If it doesn't work, it's called "anti traction mobility denial system."

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

There are a lot of high frequency weapons being produced these days for crowd control. Cleaner living through electricity and pain through nerve induction ;-) Personally I don't like the microwave units as they can damage tissue down to about a millimeter deep (in your skin). It wouldn't be too pleasant to develop a full body melanoma, I think they should outlaw those. But it is a problem when the outlaws are making the laws...

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
An old Marine gunny thought me crowd control a long time ago. To disperse a crowd in the street fire buckshot loads into the pavement in front of the crowd and skip the shot into their feet and ankles. There you have it non lethal for the most part crowd control. Cheep and effective. But It hurts like hell.
What can I say, if the crowd disobeys a lawful order from a U.S. Marine they should expect to get hurt a little, it beats getting dead.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

For what it's worth, there's already an area denial spray that can be used to turn a patch of grass, concrete, whatever in to a ridiculously difficult surface to navigate for humans and wheeled vehicles.

The videos of it being tested are pretty entertaining.

I stumbled on the patent for that stuff a few months ago. It was developed in San Antonio for the Marines from what I remember reading. Same research facility files a couple patents for air force air ships too. I'll try and dig a link up.

Link to patents.. Interesting stuff in there.
www.swri.org...
edit on 5-5-2015 by PlasticWizard because: Added link

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Never underestimate the force of a high powered fire hose tethered to a hydrant.

Non-lethal and can blast an unruly protester back fifteen feet easy.

Works great in Fall and Winter....being soaked and cold will do wonders to chill some folks out.

edit on 5/5/15 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling - damned perfectionism. bah!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
It wouldn't be too pleasant to develop a full body melanoma...

Good thing that it's not ionizing radiation, and can't cause a melanoma.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
An old Marine gunny thought me crowd control a long time ago. To disperse a crowd in the street fire buckshot loads into the pavement in front of the crowd and skip the shot into their feet and ankles. There you have it non lethal for the most part crowd control. Cheep and effective. But It hurts like hell.

Pfft. They make a fun little entertainment device called an M5 MCCM that works better, and is right on your TO&E if you're in a unit that needs them.

It looks like a claymore, and fires plastic shot into a group of miscreants, or soldiers on a training exercise that aren't paying attention to trip wires. Hurts like a mother.

Picatinny also makes some painful discouragement in a 12ga shot shell full of the same little plastic balls. And a 40mm grenade with them.

What can I say, if the crowd disobeys a lawful order from a U.S. Marine they should expect to get hurt a little, it beats getting dead.

Marines can't issue lawful orders to US citizens off-base. Don't they teach you guys anything?

edit on 5-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I accidentally found this while looking at the goop video above..

It is interesting.. a stun gun shotgun, a shocking handcuffs.. It sucks..

I had my fun with LRAD.. Not fun.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

It wouldn't be too pleasant to develop a full body melanoma...

Good thing that it's not ionizing radiation, and can't cause a melanoma.

Next time I know of one being tested you can sign a waiver and come stand in front, mmmmmk :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Active denial.....It works but people would view this as going over the top.....It kinda is over the top....But it works.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Next time I know of one being tested you can sign a waiver and come stand in front, mmmmmk :-)

Cheers - Dave

Too late, I was in a test crowd at Raytheon.

And microwaves are well understood. And they don't cause melanoma.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Too late, I was in a test crowd at Raytheon.

And microwaves are well understood. And they don't cause melanoma.

They still cause cancer.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They still cause cancer.

Cheers - Dave

I'm sure Mercola advocates that. However, actual studies do not, unless you include rather seedy ones like bioinitiative.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

They still cause cancer.

Cheers - Dave

I'm sure Mercola advocates that. However, actual studies do not, unless you include rather seedy ones like bioinitiative.

At this point it's just getting dumb, microwave weapons (even though the name is used) do not operate at the precession frequency of hydrogen, the frequency is considerably higher. But if we simply use the "microwave" model, if you jimmy the safety switch on the door and leave the door open, followed by turning the unit on, I am quite sure a mouse in a plastic cage sitting outside the microwave oven/generator will not appreciate it very much when their skin starts cooking off or they start cooking from the inside out (frequency dependent).

Microwaves cause genetic damage, alter chromosomes and in some cases de-cap them, causing errors in replication and the expression of the ribonucleoprotein, telomerase. The errors in many (likely most) cases cause cancers, in some cases the cells self-destruct.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I am quite sure a mouse in a plastic cage sitting outside the microwave oven/generator will not appreciate it very much when their skin starts cooking off or they start cooking from the inside out (frequency dependent).

No doubt. However, the mouse won't get cancer. It'll just cook.

Microwaves cause genetic damage, alter chromosomes and in some cases de-cap them, causing errors in replication and the expression of the ribonucleoprotein, telomerase. The errors in many (likely most) cases cause cancers, in some cases the cells self-destruct.

Cheers - Dave

Citation needed.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I am quite sure a mouse in a plastic cage sitting outside the microwave oven/generator will not appreciate it very much when their skin starts cooking off or they start cooking from the inside out (frequency dependent).

No doubt. However, the mouse won't get cancer. It'll just cook.

Cheers - Dave

Citation needed.

Long term exposure to microwave

Testicular Cancer - Police

Police Forum - Testicular Cancer

I thought the testicular cancer issue with police and microwave units was an interesting example. Physicians are seeing higher incidence of cancers in people exposed to microwave radiation. The industry of course is in denial, gotta keep selling crap right ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I thought the testicular cancer issue with police and microwave units was an interesting example. Physicians are seeing higher incidence of cancers in people exposed to microwave radiation.

Cheers - Dave

You linked the same Ukrainian article twice, the police officer's forum one is anecdotal. Yakimento publishes metastudy (without stats or math, if you notice) after metastudy on the same topic. Here's you one:

Experimental findings do not support carcinogenicity of em fields

top topics

<<   2 >>

join