It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not my pet, yet, backyard Bald Eagle today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Today was the first really warm day here in MA after a horrendously snowy winter (most snow ever recorded here). Really felt like spring in so many ways. I live on a pond and the herring were making there yearly trip up the tributary to spawn, I went out on the dock this morning to watch as a big snapping turtle appeared moving slowly and looking like a sea turtle along the bottom, scary cause I have my hands in the water there all the time for the boat etc.

Was reading outside and all of a sudden I saw a Bald Eagle fly to a neighbors tree, I have never seen one in my life (I don't think) My neighbor said he has been around since February. I guess they are making a comeback in the area. Anyway shot a little video of this amazing bird, next maybe if I salute he won't fly off so fast.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
WOW!!!
So lucky you were out!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

That is one beautiful bird! We see a lot of hawks here, but no eagles. Best birds I have seen here are the cardinals, which apparently love the area.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

That is one beautiful bird! We see a lot of hawks here, but no eagles. Best birds I have seen here are the cardinals, which apparently love the area.

We've had a few Red Hawks, Loons, Ospreys, Swans, Cardinals, Orioles, and the usual water fowl.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They truly are some beautiful birds. My high school was fortunate enough to have a captive bald eagle for our mascot. He had been shot as a young bird and was adopted by our school and we were allowed to keep him. It was a treat to watch him up close but sad that he was unable to fly and return to the wild.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I "help" along a small band of crows and a couple gulls...

Keep some meat handy...they love the out dated stuff lol.

They will tame you before long.

Cheers!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

We've had a few Red Hawks, Loons, Ospreys, Swans, Cardinals, Orioles, and the usual water fowl.

I can't recall the hawk varieties around here, though one type is pretty good-sized. We get some big owls, too - as big as great horned, but not horned. Well, we get those, too. Some herons, geese at times, and ducks. Robins are common, and the cardinals are in the area where we live now. Some other varieties, but I don't know what all of them are. I do love birds.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The eagle is very cool, but I LOVE where you live! How nice and peaceful!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Pffft! Totally cgi. Everyone knows there's no such thing as bald eagles! (j/k
nice shot)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! Big, beautiful bird!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Last winter there was a meltwater pond next to the highway I would drive on my way to work. The Missouri River is just across the way, and bald eagles tend to winter over in the area. Well, this particular winter, the crowd decided to start gathering in the pond right next to highway and for a good two months, I'd see at least seven or eight birds hanging out at the edge of the shallow pond every morning, some juvenile, some adult.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Just wow!!!!
That has to be a sight to behold!

I know how cool it is when a Cooper's Hawk comes into my yard....and that eagle is much bigger and more awesome.....thanks for the great vid!!!

new topics

top topics

join