It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura & Alex Jones: The Police State

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

vs

no no you're totally wrong, things have gotten better.

/sarc

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
its ironic, but when I was a child, I always wished soldiers were on the street keeping crime down, having been a multiple victim of crime from 5 years old onward. Now I see my wish came true, and how naive and misguided I was as a young child. I mean, what ca you expect from a child whos home was burgled at five years and held hostage at knifepoint at about 9 years old by a crazed teenager off his meds in the mall.

You can tell it was the nineties because I just walked away when security and his parents finally subdued him and noone seems to care I took off. I never even mentioned it to my mother that day. I just kept on going like "whatever" .

In hindsight, I wonder what effect those events really had on my psyche to this day. Like I try and analyze how this event in my life as a child and almost apathetic reaction to the ordeal may have shaped the way I was thinking as a kid. But then im like what kind of 9 year old kid just walks off after having a knife to his throat for thirty minutes going up and down the elevator at the old Tampa Bay Mall and does not even mention it to his mother or dwell on it like it was a serious matter??

Anyone? It still puzzles me how and why I treated it as a non-issue at nine???

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone consider that maybe the reason that police and especially sheriff departments are granted all the military surplus and training is to counter a martial law or military coup scenario? A POTUS, with the right incentive, could go completely off the reservation and become a true dictator and still remain within Constitutional limits of the powers of the President. Commander in Chief of all armed forces and the power to place both the House and Senate into recess is some serious abilities that can be used.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Keep it coming Jesse! We would love to help you fund a project on TruthFunders! Get a hold of Katy, our marketing director and she will get you in touch with Mark, our CEO.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
For those who can't run the video - check your browsers paranoid plugins. I've checked my NoScript and allowed ora.tv script and a cookie. It works now.

I think that a police state is the way the Evil is teaching us to hate the law.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Jesse, wow what an honour.

You know government is preparing for civil war against American citizens. The writing is on the wall for years now.

It is only a matter of time.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Some folks are confused I think... A police state does not just mean violence done by cop.

Look at the loss of freedom since 2001, all the surveillance, homeland security and tsa all in the name of security.

If some yokel pulled me aside to frisk me as a kid my dad would have gone to jail... Now people meekly allow it.

We are slowly being pulled into a rely on the fed for everything.. And many people think that's a good thing.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Irishhaf because: wrong word

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sorry Jesse, but anything to do with Alex Jones equals instant disregard.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's interesting that they both think it's preparing for a economic collapse by 2030. The system just can't be tweaked anymore at some point. Ron Paul said the same thing. It's not "IF" but "when".

USA Debt Clock

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sorry if this comes as a bit off-topic, but... Why the autoplay?? I didn't have time to downturn my volume, I almost blasted my speakers out...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Greathouse

We were far far worse off during the 60s.

No we were not worst off in the 60's simply because our police forces weren't a out of control who could get away with murder paramilitary outfit.

Do a search on riots during the 1960s.

If you did a search what was the cause of the riots? It was because of official toleration of acts of uniformed brutality on black people and guess what? All that crap is happening again but on a larger scale.

We made it out the 60s without a police state or martial law sweeping the country I think we're okay now.

No we are not ok now.
The militarization of the police which was started by Reagan is just a way for the government to sidestep the laws keeping the military off our streets. The police should be stripped of everything they have gotten from the military.

I usually agree with you but I have to disagree on that part. African American communities, Hispanic American communities, and Native American communities were definitely worse off in the 1960s. It's not even comparable to what we face today. And I'm talking about the police state, and how it enforced our restriction of rights during Segregation. The reason there are black parts of towns is because of Segregation, and the police would specifically target our communities to "keep us in check". Today's "Broken Windows" policies are just an extension of that. And if you think America's current spying on the Muslim American community is bad, you should look into J. Edgar Hoover's FBI programs against Marcus Garvey & the later Civil Rights Movement (like COINTELPRO).

And we couldn't even vote or run for office until the mid-60s, depending on the state. So we literally had no political voice to even begin to change these policies (hence the protests, marches, boycotts, etc). And the "police state" was very evident in our communities because there was literally no recourse for us. During Segregation, "colored people" couldn't even testify in court against a white person, much less against a police officer. So just imagine how biased the law enforcement & judicial systems were against us then. Just look at the Emmett Till case to see what I mean.

As for the OP, I've realized that many Americans don't actually care about an increasing police state as long as it's targeted towards "socially undesirable" Americans. In fact, some seem to actively root for a police state to suppress the "scary [insert bogeyman demographic of choice]". Minority communities have always been subject to a police state here, literally since the "Slave Patrols" before the Civil War. So no matter how oppressive it may seem to other Americans, this is literally the most freedom American minorities have had since America was established.

EDIT: I'll add that even though the world may be seeing police brutality against minorities more, it's actually happening less than it used to. The only difference is every citizen has the capability to wield a high definition camera. So it's no longer just our word versus theirs.
edit on 5-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something because i can hahahaha

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Today I went head-to-head with Infowars’ Alex Jones on the rise of the police state in this all-new episode of Off the Grid. Join us as we take on Freddie Gray, the Baltimore riots, and the militarization of the police force.

Why do you think the police are militarizing themselves and gearing up? Let me know what you think.

Jesse, you forgot to add "epic loud talker and all around goofball" when you introduced Alex. And give Alex a throat lozenge or a bottle of water. FYI
edit on 5-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

The entire world is headed to become a, "Police State", the world is a lie, most people are to stupid to have a clue, as to what is really going on. Just as Obama said when he was first elected, he is being told what to do, by others. Our government, has been bought and sold, justice is who you know or can buy.

Dude your grammar is off. It's "too" when you're saying "too stupid."

No offense. Just... a lot of people try to make a serious point and it's totally defected when their grammar puts the readers off.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
Sorry Jesse, but anything to do with Alex Jones equals instant disregard.

Must be nice living in a shell concealed from everything you don't like.

"You're hosting with someone I don't like, so that automatically means everything you say is wrong." Christ, some of you guys really define the meaning of ignorance...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Anyone consider that maybe the reason that police and especially sheriff departments are granted all the military surplus and training is to counter a martial law or military coup scenario? A POTUS, with the right incentive, could go completely off the reservation and become a true dictator and still remain within Constitutional limits of the powers of the President. Commander in Chief of all armed forces and the power to place both the House and Senate into recess is some serious abilities that can be used.

Nope, and to the contrary, you forget already the G20 2009 Pittsburg, the first time LRAC was used amongst other stuff, by the police against protesters to take them off the street, later in the day they invaded the University campus, they even threw gas grenades onto university balconies where students quarters were, and where students were watching the events below. That approximates to Martial Law and Fascism in the immediate to me, most people have seen the daylight Fascism and scary enough to see how the police dealt with street protestors at the G20, these clips are more obscure and later on.

This is what Jesse and AJ are about, nobody says they are perfect, but pretty much all there is from the watchers.
As for all the paramilitary gear from the DHS..if it is not used, they need to give it back, that's tricky too don't you think?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Keep this in mind fellow ATS'ers….America IS NOT (well not yet) a NAZI type police state

It’s an important subtly here that should be kept in mind.

America’s modes operandi is deception: pretending to be the wonderful, land of the free and home of the brave, but in reality being a oligarchic police state that ONLY has freedom for, as Gore Vidal says: the wealthy class of land and business owners.

That has been the truth since the founding of America and it still is the truth

It uses mass psychology and brainwashing to enforce this state not overt ways like the Nazis and others did.

This brainwashing and mass psychological deception is refined, scientific, and works like a charm. There’s more power behind this brainwashing than the power behind an atomic bomb

They use the methodology of Madison avenue and the method deployed by Sigmund Freud’s uncle, Edward Bernays

(pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda, referred to in his obituary as "the father of public relations".[1] He combined the ideas of Gustave Le Bon and Wilfred Trotter on crowd psychology with the psychoanalytical ideas of his uncle, Sigmund Freud.) en.wikipedia.org...

His ideas are used to implement this mass psychological bondage.

Any tear or ripple in this psychological bondage, whether through a philosophy or Messiah figure, is immediately dealt with by lethal actions and that's where organizations like the CIA and FBI come in handy.

On any massive threat on a larger overt scale the police and army exists for.

edit on 5-5-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reporting there are huge muted segments of the OP video for me.

If your going to protest, don't commit the crimes; don't do the vandalism. Because it gives the other side [leverage] to say, 'Look, they're all a bunch of criminals.' -the honorable, Jesse Ventura

Wow, J-bro. My heart elates to your beautiful message of peaceful performance and self control. About 60 percent of my posts thus-far are contextually similar.
Hope you don't mind my completing your sentence.

The Civil Rights Movement was as successful as it was because it was peacefully conducted civil resistance. It was also massively and temporally organized; engineered for success, if you will.

By both definition and instance, a movement for civil rights can not include militant groups fighting for power. They non-violently fight for equality.

a reply to: smurfy

As for all the paramilitary gear from the DHS..if it is not used, they need to give it back, that's tricky too don't you think?

Are you kidding? That gear is great! Off the top o' me dome, I can name at least twelve dozen very practical uses for all that equipment. You gotta think about when the world finally liberates itself, all that military equipment and gear will be right there waiting to be modified for Humanan-Rights Action that benefits the whole planet; and not just people.

It will happen, friend. Not a matter of if...

Reporting there are huge muted segments of the OP video for me.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

...just when!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The militarization of the police which was started by Reagan is just a way for the government to sidestep the laws keeping the military off our streets. The police should be stripped of everything they have gotten from the military.

This is exactly right. Every single piece of military gear should be taken away. The only ones who should posses anything even remotely affiliated with military gear should be highly specialized SWAT teams that should be highly trained and few in number. The DHS and TSA have no function operating inside of the United States, Domestic terrorism has not been shown to be a credible threat.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer
just a put down, no content?

just curious
ever done anything yourself?

some of those who read your post will have
just sayin

perhaps the ex heads of the stazi or the nkvd that were hired to help run the new US apparatus might read your post
what would they think of it?

FBI Hires Nazis – U.S. Winds Up With Stasi/Government Gang Stalking
...Secret police. Secret courts. Secret government agencies. Surveillance. Intimidation tactics. Harassment. Torture. Brutality. Widespread corruption. Entrapment schemes....

patriotnewstwo.wordpress.com...

as to who is working for who
some details and citations here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Tuepm5b20155America/Chicago28 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join