It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To All WHO Protect and Serve!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
protect and serve thier own!
you set yourself up for that one.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Sure you feel this way until the day you need them to save your sorry butt!

Our butts are not sorry. Where is this attitude coming from?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

whinny LEOs.

Are you afraid of their horses?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I don't EVER need cops to save my sorry butt... My protection is my own responsibility. Besides which, when have cops saved anyone that was in immediate danger??? Sure they come and arrest them after the fact (sometimes) and that stops others from becoming endangered.

People need to get away from the idea that cops are there to protect them. They are NOT...They are there to enforce corporate policy.

It is our OWN responsibility to protect ourselves from danger and increasingly that danger is coming from those you claim are there to protect us.

Jaden
edit on 7-5-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm just cranky now that you beat me to that

GAH!

Anyway...OP...I agree with you...to a point. I'm a firm believer that news and media DO report the negatives far more than the positives. That Sheriff saving those ducklings or that cop who bought that kid an xmas present. There is something to be said for the idea that just because we don't see the good cops doesn't mean they aren't out there.

It also speaks to the idea that just because we hear handfuls of negative stories, it doesn't mean a ton more aren't out there. Then you deal with the "protect our own" thing.

Despite that people do seem easily distracted, try and understand what the world sees right now. Police are strongly militarizing. Police are killing people over tiny infractions. (And yes before anyone jumps on it...I am VERY aware that there are many proper and realistic arrests that turned fatal by accident))

But then the biggest problem. Two times (that we know of), a huge media storm surrounds men/women/kids being hurt/killed for tiny infractions...then you see a guy who made a video of it get arrested...And you expect us all to jump on the I Love LEO's wagon?

Like I said...overall I do love LEO's...the good ones...but even I ran into a couple of real bad ones...because I honked a horn what an unmarked was in the intersection, on green light, blocking the road...so he could talk to a construction worker and make jokes...heard every word he said...

I blew my horn...he put it in park and walked aggressively up to me and told me he wanted to take me in

So yeah...people are cautious...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They are thanked with their paycheck and benefits package. I'm not going to thank anyone for doing their paid, voluntary job. Construction workers, fisherman, linemen, etc. have far, far more dangerous jobs than soldiers, even those on the front lines (statistically speaking). Nobody thanks them, though. BS. Also, the truth is the vast majority of soldiers aren't even in harm's way - they work logistics/support.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

But why is police brutally mainly an issue in the United States?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

Okay show me the stats...I bet if you were to look up the amount of actual police calls responded to and the amount of cop involved shootings where there are questionable circumstances involved you will find that less than 1% apply!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWK

It is Not an issue strictly in America, it is a social media firestorm that happens here where everyone and their mother has a cell phone with a camera. This is not to say these things do not happen, but when they do they are blown so far out of proportion it is comical.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Guidance.Is.Internal

Once again you are demonstrating how ridiculous people can be. Without these HERO'S we would have nothing but complete chaos in this world and you bet your sweet a33 they deserve our Thanks! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Sure thing buddy! Keep telling yourself that ridiculous notion..........when you dial 911 be sure and tell them you don't really need their HELP, but if it were possible for them to come and rescue you would that be OKAY! I am so sure.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well let's see I wrote a Thank YOU to all that protect and serve and some jerk came in here and told me I was basically full of crap for doing so.....so I told him this...and there is a problem? Get over it!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Where was I whining...I was simply pointing out that they do a very valuable job to protect us and we should appreciate them instead of tearing them down because of a few well publicized incidents that created these firestorms, you hate cops well you are a moron then.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yeah if Ironic is the word you are looking for....when a cop stops you be sure and tell him that!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah because Cops right all these ingenious laws....typical of you to blame them for that....and your stupid politicians have nothing to do with those laws, huh? Go to your nearest congress and riot them and tear down their buildings and flip their cars over and then go over to the nearest courts and do the same thing and then go to the Pentagon .....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think it's pretty clear you just want to stir the pot and don't actually believe what you're writing. If you do believe what you're writing, then I feel very sorry for you - and that's the truth.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: InTheLight

Well let's see I wrote a Thank YOU to all that protect and serve and some jerk came in here and told me I was basically full of crap for doing so.....so I told him this...and there is a problem? Get over it!

Do you mean my sorry ass should get over it?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yeah cops don't 'right'/write these laws; however, they do swear an oath to uphold the constitution and therefore are breaking that oath when they uphold a law in violation of it. Also, it's often not the laws that are in violation of the constitution, but instead are the methods and procedures they use to enforce the laws and that is ENTIRELY within their control.

Jaden

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I don't have to tell myself that "ridiculous notion", because do you know how many times in my life I have called 911??? Once...do you know what it was for???? To report a car in the middle of a freeway that was stalled and imoveable.

You should also know I've been in many situations where I was required to defend myself. Not one time has calling 911 for them even crossed my mind, nor would it have done any good, except to mop up my remains if I had just curled into a ball and waited for someone to come save me. lol....

Jaden

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

There are good cops for sure and kudos for the good ones.

However there is a huge inherent problem-cops have been crooked as the S bend in your toilet for decades. You don't hear of Firemen or Paramedics facing such scrutiny, in fact they are just as much a victim as the people they treat IMO considering the hours they work and the wages they receive.

I dare say the answer is power with a capital P.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join