It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To All WHO Protect and Serve!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It must be really easy for those that have never been law enforcement officers to understand the split second decision making process that has to take place the moment a criminal decides to engage in unlawful behavior that could put other people at risk for serious harm or life threatening situations....Yes, law enforcement is so simple...anyone can do it...Guess what...I bet 90% of those that criticize would crap their pants if they were on the side trying to do the protecting!

It does not mean law enforcement does not have a responsibility to act in a proper manner when conducting searches and responding to these unlawful situations, but more times than not, the criminal caused the situation to escalate because they were doing something illegal to begin with and they forced the officer to respond.

It is really easy to sit here after the fact and point fingers...but were you there? And if you were, did you see what actually transpired prior to you taking a video? The fact remains that most law enforcement officers are trying to keep the public from harms way on a daily basis...Are they human? Do they make mistakes? Of course they do, but we cannot call the entirety of them disgusting immoral pig headed racist every time they are called to task for doing their jobs. Sure there are some that are, but it is very far and few between than the actual incidents reported.

They respond to 100000000 of calls daily and for the most part they do an excellent job, So I thank them for putting their lives on the line to protect me and my family everyday...I salute every single one of them...But I, also, want to include all Military and Emergency Responders of all kind....THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And a big screw you to them from me for essentially being a criminal gang who are (mostly) above the law. But if you're truly an honest cop, you get my respect and thanks. It's just a shame so few are legit these days. Legit cops need to weed out the corruption or they'll continue to be hated by most people.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I hope you've got your nomex suit on.

Or full on turnout gear, firefighter style.

I see many flames coming.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Sure you feel this way until the day you need them to save your sorry butt!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Flame away...I stand by every word! It is so amazing to me....Many fail to realize the danger involved...really easy to sit on the sidelines and be an armchair quarterback...Hell yeah they should have given Marshawn the ball....are you kidding me?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I grew up hating the police. I have a really cool uncle that is a police officer. I still hate the police.

AND I'm offended people want to take a dangerous job and then whine about how dangerous the job is. It's either a paycheck and you can go get another one or you want to make a difference. If so, more action less whining.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Isn't it ironic how I fear the police more than the criminals?

My uncle actually just quit the force because he doesn't like what other cops are doing, and he doesn't like being hated for what they are doing.
edit on 4 5 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I'm offended that you're so easily offended.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I wasn't prepping you for an incoming flame from me....

And I hate Pete Carroll so I'm okay with his call.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To be fair, it's the unjust laws that police enforce that get them a lot of the hate. Stop ruining people's lives over a plant or whatever and they'll find that people are much more accepting of them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, i can no longer dunk a basketball, and have never run a 40 in anything under 4.9....but that doesn't keep me from criticizing folks on TV who do it for a living better than I ever have.

As it concerns cops...since its my tax dollars supporting them, I figure i have not only a right, but a duty to keep them in check by being critical of the wrong they do.

The vast, overwhelming majority of police interactions relate to behaviors that are victimless. Using the basic logic of ratios and probability...it would seem to me that the police would be far more effective at doing their jobs without violence and ill will if they reduced the number of negative interactions. And its a double win: they not only avoid the risk of that particular interaction, but also reduce the overall burden on the prison population. Because lord knows, if you aren't really a convict when you enter prison, you will be when you exit.

To be honest, with how imprisoned our nation is I am shocked that the public is as polite as they are to their oppressors. 3 million prisoners is unconscionable for a "free country". While the cops may be only guilty of doing their jobs...i avoided the typical prison guard career for my community (we have 5 prisons locally) because I thought the job was unconscionable.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

Sure you feel this way until the day you need them to save your sorry butt!

argumentum ad metum

it is not a logical argument.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I agree. I have much respect and admiration for the police...here in Canada and other parts of the world. American police not so much...

This does not mean I believe American police are all corrupt SOB's, the majority are good hearted souls trying to make a living as a paid public servant whose duties include to protect and serve.

It must be really easy for those that have never been law enforcement officers to understand the split second decision making process that has to take place the moment a criminal decides to engage in unlawful behavior that could put other people at risk for serious harm or life threatening situations....Yes, law enforcement is so simple...anyone can do it...Guess what...I bet 90% of those that criticize would crap their pants if they were on the side trying to do the protecting!

I agree.

Here is something to contemplate: Why out of all first world nations does America's policing seem to be an issue...? Why are these police issues pretty much non-existent to America's allies such as Canada, Germany, Britain, Finland, Netherlands, and so on?

There is something severely wrong with how police in America conduct business. Now, to be fair, the dangers that present themselves across America are no way the same as in the countries listed above. So, perhaps, the issue is much deeper than just "Oh, not all police are bad. Let me see you try doing that job".

I have two friends who are police here in Canada that helped me gain a broader perspective and one in the States. The interesting thing is the two in Canada would never be a police in the states. Why? They don't pay enough for the extra risk involved down there...

Police in Canada earn between $80 000 to $110 000/per year, the same scale pretty much goes for other first world nations EXCEPT America. There are forklift drivers (honest living -not dissing!) that make more money than U.S police do.

So, yes, it is not an easy job at all; the job requires at times great sacrifices. and therefore they should be compensated and paid accordingly.

An RCMP constable’s salary is $79,308 – behind the national median of $83,483 and trailing the top Canadian constable's salary of $87,880.

www.cbc.ca...

Btw, that is 2012 article....pay has increased a bit.

Canada's police among the best paid in the world

A first-class officer in Canada’s big cities now earns $80,000-$90,000 a year on average – before overtime and benefits.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Sometimes, you get what you pay for...as far as integrity and training goes.

How to become a police officer in Toronto (from the actual police services website): www.torontopolice.on.ca...

How to become a police officer in New York: www.how-to-become-a-police-officer.com...

American LEO have the hardest job out of all other first world nations, yet they get paid the least.

It's not fair at all.

They respond to 100000000 of calls daily and for the most part they do an excellent job, So I thank them for putting their lives on the line to protect me and my family everyday...I salute every single one of them...But I, also, want to include all Military and Emergency Responders of all kind....THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Much love and respect to all who protect and serve with integrity. It would be better to show appreciation for all they do by compensating them accordingly like other nations do. These people (paramedics, police, firemen) have to witness the most heart wrenching things; unimaginable horrors.

Again: Why is this a prevalent issue only in the States?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I would be too, if only I wasn't constantly being bombarded with whinny LEOs.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I know. Whiners suck. Whatever shape or form they come in.

I try to avoid whiners as much as I can.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I wish it had been 3 million and 1.Maybe the one would have been the sorry """" that broke into my house and stole some of my electronics , Went and pawned them to where they could buy the "legal" medical stuff with the money they got for my TVs.I am not a happy camper right now

edit on 4-5-2015 by Gothmog because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The most dangerous, depraved, diabolical, barbarous, violent animal is man.

In his darkest state, his indifference is second to none.

As an example, a single heroin dealer can easily destroy the lives of a hundred people.

Criminals for the most part are self-serving individuals, and by their nature they are the takers.

They hurt, disfigure, gut, burn, crush, and destroy.

There are those in this world who try to persuade them otherwise.

edit on 4-5-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

i don't blame you. I know who broke into my house. It was about 20 years ago, but i had eye witnesses (neighbors) that the police wouldn't go talk to. They wanted him, but were investigating him for a series of purse thefts in offices, and weren't wanting to screw up the investigation. Small enough of a town that one can find out such information, but not so small that politics like that don't still happen.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Until they drop this whole "protect our own", "stand with our own even if they have done wrong" bullsh*t, they gtet no thanks from me.

Stop defending and keeping quiet about your criminal fellow officers and then we can talk.

The policeman who clearly saw Slager drop the Tazer near the body should have been taken off duty and investigated. Shameful. And clearly second nature to them.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Big words but stats speak for themselves.

Cops in US kill and imprison more people than anywhere else in the world.

Again, big and nice words, but only rethoric on your part.
edit on 5-5-2015 by TorinoFer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join