It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot engulfs Rabin Square as anti-police brutality protest spins out of control

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has made it into the American news-media, but it's getting much attention here today. An IDF soldier (of Ethiopian Jewish decent) who is willing to sacrifice himself to protect Israel was beaten by Israeli police. This has lead to demonstrations and rioting.

I have been to Israel, and I'm not surprised one bit that this incident took place due to what my eyes witnessed while I was there. The racism there is almost identical (systematically and personally) as to South Africa (another place I have been). Both countries ideologies (apartheid) seem to be two heads of the same monster.

I was treated beautifully while in Israel, but my more tanned companions, not so much...

Most people are good hearts, and I refuse to condemn all people of Israel for the racism that is abundantly present by many there. I just want to address this current issue taking place atm.

Ethiopian-born IDF soldier whose beating at the hands of police set off violent clashes over the last few days in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv said on Monday that aggression wouldn’t provide a solution to discrimination and police brutality against the Ethiopian community.His comments came a day after a rally in Tel Aviv erupted into a chaotic street battle that left 65 people injured among both police and protesters, and led to 43 arrests. Police were set to remand 19 in custody on Monday

www.timesofisrael.com...

www.jpost.com...

Thoughts?

edit on 4-5-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ethiopians are just one of ethnic groups who suffer discrimination in Israel. Just tonight I mentioned Amnesty International's criticism about this in another thread, it's real Nazi stuff. The rationale behind it all is scary, it's now't to do with ordinary Jews, this is a Zionist protocol, and they are everywhere, not just in Israel.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is just the american training they got showing through. Alot of police in israel are ex military and thats another reason they abuse their power.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This is just the american training they got showing through. Alot of police in israel are ex military and thats another reason they abuse their power.

everybody is ex-military, it is required by law to serve at least 2 years

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

My understanding for years has been that American police forces have been trained in their tough manners (body slamming) by Israeli companies. Can anybody answer that as true or false?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

A lot of everybody in Israel is ex military, what with it being compulsory and all that.

I guess with that logic, we should see lots of beatings from bakers and bus drivers and car park attendants.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I should had clarified . YEs all of them are ex military BUT Some cops still think they are aparently still in the army and think they can get away with their antics....such as smacking a lower ranked soldier upside the head.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Its definitely an interesting subject. It could be argued that racism and dogmatic divisions are at the root of Israels larger , global problems.

It is reasonable then to say that if racism and division in Israel are overcome that organic and longer lasting solutions for Israels global problems would be reached. If not soon, then eventually and irresistibly so.

There is an archaic school of thought in the upper currents of Israels power elite. Its not capable of transition into anything better. "What is better than supreme?" they ask themselves....

edit on 5 4 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It is true that American police and military units have been trained by Israeli Security Companies yes but not exclusively.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

One word: brutality!

What's wrong with those guys? The man wasn't doing anything wrong.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

everybody is ex-military, it is required by law to serve at least 2 years

That's not right. Ultra Orthodox Jews refuse to serve, and there is a lot of them. A lot of reading is required over that. It is also only recently that laws were passed to make it mandatory for all Israelis to do military service, and currently there are around 37,000 students of an Orthodox religion that is in conflict with a state that basically should not exist by their reckoning.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I say ship them back to ethiopia.

Very few benefit from diversity.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Actually you have that backwards, aside from the Orthodox Jews part.

"The draft" in Israel has been around since 1949. In more recent years they've moved away from conscripting everybody and moved towards a more professional force. There are any number of ways to avoid the draft, from religious to medical to legal, and the IDF has been more giving with exemptions than they have been in the past.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Actually you have that backwards, aside from the Orthodox Jews part.

"The draft" in Israel has been around since 1949. In more recent years they've moved away from conscripting everybody and moved towards a more professional force. There are any number of ways to avoid the draft, from religious to medical to legal, and the IDF has been more giving with exemptions than they have been in the past.

I didn't say there was no draft, far from it, but it was Ben Gurion himself from the foundation who decided that religious scholars should have the freedom to pursue the religious culture, and allowed religious scholars to do just that. However it is only a short while ago that the draft is supposed to apply to everybody, matter of fact David Cameron was on a visit that same day.
Extract,
"Israeli journalist David Landau, Peres describes the deal that Ben-Gurion made with ultra-Orthodox rabbi-politicians at the time of Israel’s founding: kashrut in all public institutions, Shabbat as the day of rest, rabbinic control of marriage and divorce, and the exemption of full-time yeshiva students, who at the time numbered only in the hundreds, from army service."
So it was David Ben Gurion who made the compromise right from the start, he made deals as he thought to consolidate the state with religious historical culture, but he was a Zionist until near his end, although basically he cocked up the Zionist Ideal from the start. Even the new legislation on the draft is somewhat singular, 'Cos even today you can't get married in Israel at the stroke of an official pen, all the pen does is register a marriage performed by some other! These are big problems for the state, no wonder Netanyahu wants to decamp to South Africa!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I didn't say you did.

I said your statement that compulsory service is "recent" is inaccurate.

Because it is.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Actually it's been the Israelis teaching American police and military.
Either way you get the same harsh results.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I didn't say you did.

I said your statement that compulsory service is "recent" is inaccurate.

Because it is.

I said it is only recently that is it mandatory for all, that includes scholars of religion.

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The law was changed in regard to Orthodox Jews, yes. There are still any number of ways to not serve. Including studying at a Jewish law institution, among others.

It still doesn't end up with 100% of Israelis in the IDF.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mlemo
I say ship them back to ethiopia.

Very few benefit from diversity.

Using you logic, "everyone "should go back to the home of their ancestors.

I think they should be given free travel back.

I will take a ticket to Arizona, since that is where the reservation, where my grandmother was born is located.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join