It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who failed physical exam to become firefighter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Any applicant must pass the physical exam in order to qualify for this particular position. I expect the standards for public service jobs to be exceptional. Society must be realistic. This is for our health and safety, of course.

/End incoming/opinionated thoughts. Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pikypiky

Paid by your municipal taxes.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
a reply to: InTheLight

So my information posted to you by fire instructors nationwide covering search and rescue firefighting operations, and ways to channel and feed the fire elsewhere so firemen can perform their search and rescue IN the blaze...means nothing to you and you refuse to look at it... Pretty much sums it up. You clearly have no knowledge or training in this field. If you need more training guides, I will provide them for anymore false claims you pull out.

It's clear that you have your agenda and I'll leave you to it. I've got better things to do.

edit on 6-5-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
If only the community knew how those taxes were being dished out. It is a mess here. We run 6 paramedic units and cannot fill our call volume. We have surrounding counties on standby daily because we literally are out of units. Policy is we must be at the incident location anywhere in our district in under 9 minutes emergency traffic. Imagine your family member not knowing their were no units available and that a different city or county unit would be responding 40 minutes away. Don't think CCOM will be telling them that over the phone either. Sorry went into a bit of a rant.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikypiky
Any applicant must pass the physical exam in order to qualify for this particular position. I expect the standards for public service jobs to be exceptional. Society must be realistic. This is for our health and safety, of course.

They did pass according to the people who matter.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Actually she failed according to the people who matter. They then gave her the job anyways. They said her effort was good enough even though she failed.

It's like passing on children who score an F because they are a minority and so it's good enough for them because we have quotas to fill.

Imagine getting a public defender and later finding out they failed their board exam but were allowed to practice anyways in order to fill a quota.
edit on 6-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
She may have been given the job but she has an uphill battle for acceptance and a heck of a lot to prove and the other 44 women who did pass the test may be her toughest sell. She's got a year of probation, I wonder if she will have proven this a good decision by then?

*Fun fact: if they ever figure out who leaked the info. it could be punishable by potential jail time. Good luck with that, no one's talking.
edit on 6-5-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Actually she failed according to the people who matter. They then gave her the job anyways. They said her effort was good enough even though she failed.

It's like passing on children who score an F because they are a minority and so it's good enough for them because we have quotas to fill.

Imagine getting a public defender and later finding out they failed their board exam but were allowed to practice anyways in order to fill a quota.

No, it was not her effort, it was her intellect which will serve them well in areas that are deficient. Therein is the difference. There is more than meets the eye here.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No, it was not her effort, it was her intellect which will serve them well in areas that are deficient. Therein is the difference. There is more than meets the eye here.

Awesome, so when she can't do the job because she is physically incapable her intellect will be of great comfort as I burn to death.

Question, is every man who fails the physical part, but scores well in the areas she scored well in, also given the job? Is your argument the men should too? Why have the physical test then? Sounds like a job for Hawking.

It's nice how you avoided the part where I showed the people who mattered said she FAILED. She did not pass. They said she did not pass. Your claim was wrong.

Who deserves the job, the man who passed the physical AND scored high on the test, or the woman who failed the physical and scored the same as the guy who passed the physical on the other test? Who do you want coming to help?
edit on 6-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If she can't do the job, she shouldn't have the job. Especially for an occupation like firefighting, where you would be expected to carry people out of burning buildings.
This is not even a debatable subject.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Awesome, so when she can't do the job because she is physically incapable her intellect will be of great comfort as I burn to death.

Question, is every man who fails the physical part, but scores well in the areas she scored well in, also given the job? Is your argument the men should too? Why have the physical test then? Sounds like a job for Hawking.

It's nice how you avoided the part where I showed the people who mattered said she FAILED. She did not pass. They said she did not pass. Your claim was wrong.

Who deserves the job, the man who passed the physical AND scored high on the test, or the woman who failed the physical and scored the same as the guy who passed the physical on the other test? Who do you want coming to help?

Again, she was deemed qualified and offered the job by those that know what the job entails - as well as calling her 'kickass' and saying everyone is welcoming her with open arms.

The only debate here is that some posters on this thread refuse to accept that fact.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Because some posters here live this life unlike yourself. You have showed over and over again that you do not know your head from your back end in this field.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
Because some posters here live this life unlike yourself. You have showed over and over again that you do not know your head from your back end in this field.

I just happen to read the news and repeat here what the actual firefighters are saying about this - that in their opinion (not yours) that she is most definitely qualified, and not go off on tangents because I don't want to believe the truth.

Sarinya Srisakul, president of the United Women Firefighters, said Wax was hit by a smear campaign by FDNY insiders who resented the march of progress. “She’s being targeted unfairly as a woman. She satisfied what she needed to do to graduate,” Srisakul, adding that it was a “momentous occasion” to have nearly 50 women among the Bravest.

“It is not,” Nigro said, when asked if the fitness course in question was a timed event needed to pass academy training.

www.nydailynews.com...

So, Domo...you need to change the word failed in the title of this thread to - ""Passed""

edit on 7-5-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yeah,, except that they didn't pass.

SOOOO Much kickass when they can't even pass the required standards.

Guess it is just like handing out trophies to the loosing teams.

And I am sure that all of those hired personal, you know the ones that actually passed the standards requirements are just giddy with Japanese school girl excitement to have someone one with them that can't even pass the basic requirements.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Well, the officials who qualified her, passed her, the truth is there when you are ready to accept it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes, the truth that she didn't meet the standards and that she was "passed" without meeting said standards.

No matter how you look at it, she didn't pass. Politicians just didn't allow her to fail and now her hiring will forever have an asterisk by it as the little firefighter that couldn't.

So, we are still left with a vagina on a pedestal to meet diversity hiring practices.

Wondering who the person is, that was pushed aside for her to fill a position. You know, the person that could actually meet the requirements. Oh well.....now in the Progressive States of America it doesn't matter because this department hired a woman.

edit on 7-5-2015 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The only reason I would be 'for' her getting hired would be if she needed to be a firefighter to take a job that is mostly thought work, like investigation, or public relations. I'm sure things are not going to be easy for her, physically or socially, if she's working alongside a bunch of very fit guys.

Gotta hand it to her, she seems to want the job pretty badly. Maybe she will devote herself to improving.
edit on 5/8/2015 by lindalinda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
She didn't pass other females have.

City will file a lawsuit against her frivilous one.

Or she could just train harder to meet the requirements.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I happened across this link this morning and just now I have time to share it with you all on this great thread.

The first-ever female soldiers allowed to train to be Army Rangers did not make it through the first round of the course, officials said Friday. Eight women and 101 men who made it through the first tests of the 20-day Crawl Phase will have to try again to pass the last few at one of the toughest soldier training schools, officials said. "They're a strong group of soldiers who are working their way through the U.S. Army's most physically and mentally demanding course," Maj. Gen. Scott Miller, Commanding General of the Army's Maneuver Center of Excellence, said in a statement.

Now this is how it should be, not because they are female but because they could not cut it.

www.nydailynews.com...
Interesting read In my opinion and I agree if you can't do it you simply can't. How hard is that I ask?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gestas
She didn't pass other females have.

City will file a lawsuit against her frivilous one.

Or she could just train harder to meet the requirements.

She most certainly completed and passed the test in accordance with how fires are fought today...Two In, Two Out.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join