It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who failed physical exam to become firefighter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Or, with new lighter technology/gear they are looking to improve their ranks in other areas.

Except they would know this before the fact of a test or an article being written.. They would change the standards.. And not have to pass people who aren't up to speed.

If this women is a good fire fighter she CAN pass the test. I believe in her.

My radar detects morals to this story that I find false. That weaker ones among us should pass tests they can't pass..
I simply cannot agree with this moral. Evil isn't just raping babies. Sometimes evil is fading into accepting banality.
I don't want to do that.

I LOVE watching women and whoever take more freedom in this world. Thing about freedom is it's taken. Can't be given.. IE.. Pass the test. Earn it. Everything else is given.. And everything else is taken away. You don't need my permission to be a Fire Woman. That's all on YOU. There is nothing to stop her.. Nothing that wouldn't stop a man anyway..
edit on 5-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
Yes and no. What you described is negative rescue which is certainly true. However training is the same and is not different from rural to urban here. Now we hold more qualifications such as high angle rescue etc but as far as brush fires, it is the same training. The only difference is even though in the city we have less brush fires, we still train more on it then the volunteer departments do who experience it more. Alot of it has to do with resources.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
And the reasoning is probably because she cried so much about it. It is ok though, she will get hers. If she cant pass the same tests other firemen had to go through, she will not last long. She will get zero respect and she will be shunned by her peers. She will not make it through rookie school. You hire her after she causes an uproar which silences it. You fail her out in rookie school and problem solved.

Hiring her for another position is not even realistic. If she wants a desk job she isn't going to be a firefighter. They work in teams. The teams vary but an example is Captain, driver, engineer. All members had to pass the same tests and you earn those positions through *respect* and time.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Oh absolutely! Even on the ambulance, trying to work a code on an obese person in a mobile home is ridiculous. It is true also, people are getting bigger and bigger. We have alot of obese people, but have alot of hoarders also. The hoarder houses are nightmares. God I have some stories you'd enjoy about that one lol.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
a reply to: WarminIndy

Oh absolutely! Even on the ambulance, trying to work a code on an obese person in a mobile home is ridiculous. It is true also, people are getting bigger and bigger. We have alot of obese people, but have alot of hoarders also. The hoarder houses are nightmares. God I have some stories you'd enjoy about that one lol.

Just like not being able to move around the house freely enough?

I've cleaned out some bad ones... 50 years of newspapers stacked to the ceiling in half of a house.. Meaning you see a door way.. but it's just paper...

Thank God no fire was in that house.. Would have been automatic death. Maybe not instant though.

We got depressed as a species, once the outer layers of mind control wore out... I am hoping and trying to make standards raise back up again. We are in a low point. Could become a rut..

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: InTheLight

Or, with new lighter technology/gear they are looking to improve their ranks in other areas.

Except they would know this before the fact of a test or an article being written.. They would change the standards.. And not have to pass people who aren't up to speed.

If this women is a good fire fighter she CAN pass the test. I believe in her.

My radar detects morals to this story that I find false. That weaker ones among us should pass tests they can't pass..
I simply cannot agree with this moral. Evil isn't just raping babies. Sometimes evil is fading into accepting banality.
I don't want to do that.

I LOVE watching women and whoever take more freedom in this world. Thing about freedom is it's taken. Can't be given.. IE.. Pass the test. Earn it. Everything else is given.. And everything else is taken away. You don't need my permission to be a Fire Woman. That's all on YOU. There is nothing to stop her.. Nothing that wouldn't stop a man anyway..

And I'm sure you wouldn't mind the mouth to mouth from her if the circumstances warrant it?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And the reasoning is probably because she cried so much about it. It is ok though, she will get hers. If she cant pass the same tests other firemen had to go through, she will not last long. She will get zero respect and she will be shunned by her peers. She will not make it through rookie school. You hire her after she causes an uproar which silences it. You fail her out in rookie school and problem solved.

Hiring her for another position is not even realistic. If she wants a desk job she isn't going to be a firefighter. They work in teams. The teams vary but an example is Captain, driver, engineer. All members had to pass the same tests and you earn those positions through *respect* and time.

Nevertheless, they hired her for reasons we don't know about yet and she did complete the physical testing with a 4 minute lag, but excelled in other areas, which is what got her the job and opportunity to step up her physicality.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight
Haha absolutely! Ya we all go through those phases of not caring. Just some people live like that.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

And I'm sure you wouldn't mind the mouth to mouth from her if the circumstances warrant it?

Hey now she's gotta do what she's gotta do.. I won't tell her no. I wouldn't tell the 240lb dude with mustard breath and a mustache no either..

Just thought I would add that image..

You know for equality.

I've actually never imagined a girl giving me mouth to mouth who was also wearing a Fire Woman uniform though.. That's a good one.

Thank You.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They hired her for the stench of publicity she caused. Welcome to govt affiliated jobs. They never last long when hired that way. Thats the funny ironic part. Happens all the time.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

They hired her for the stench of publicity she caused. Welcome to govt affiliated jobs. They never last long when hired that way. Thats the funny ironic part. Happens all the time.

I only find it a little odd that the same people who would support this corruption of a fire house don't also support government corruption. I mean if it works for a woman at a fire house.. I bet it works all the way up right??

As long as it all gets done...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Absolutely! The same people who are in uproar for for leaving our trucks running while running in somewhere to get food to go....even though its hard on the engines to shut them off for that short period instead of leaving them in high idol. The same people who complain when we are out of ambulances to respond to your emergency, yet they do not want to increase their property taxes to give us more funding for more units. But God knows the sheriffs dept gets a brand new fleet of chargers.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Where did you get that information from?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I only find it a little odd that the same people who would support this corruption of a fire house don't also support government corruption. I mean if it works for a woman at a fire house.. I bet it works all the way up right??

As long as it all gets done...

I'd call it improvement, not corruption.

Here's an interesting read on changing (for the better) firefighting tactics etc. The times are a changing.

THE NFPA ANGLE
Researchers see the possibility of an NFPA tactical guide as a ‘game changer’ document for the fire service.

In light of the research being conducted at the National Institute of Standards and Technology and at Underwriters Laboratories, researchers there are pushing for NFPA to develop a new standard on fire tactics, as reported in NFPA Journal.
- See more at: www.nfpa.org...

www.nfpa.org...

In the meantime, NFPA is paying close attention to the UL and NIST research to see what potential impacts it might have on existing standards for protective equipment, professional qualifications, training, and other areas.

www.nfpa.org...

edit on 5-5-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Someone named Wax fighting fires......LOL

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I agree, 100%! If a person can't meet the job requirements, that person should not get the job, period. More skill in one area doesn't necessarily compensate for less in another area. For a firefighter, the physical matters quite a lot, and lives are at stake if the firefighter can't meet the physical demands of the job! Same goes for a lot of military positions. This is from a woman and a veteran. There are some jobs most women simply cannot do. That isn't a matter of men being "better", either, but is simply a fact of our differences. Some things, women do better, as a rule.

I apply the same standard for any little allowances made for race, as well. No one with a lower score for a job should be hired over those with a higher score, simply because of their race, or any other unrelated factor. No quotas for this or that group. Simple standards, that must be met, and employers being allowed to hire the most qualified candidates. That said, employers should not be allowed to pas over someone solely because of their race or sex, either. Qualifications should be the determining factor.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I try not to exaggerate as it's sometimes an issue of mine.. I'll be humble when the time comes..

I went to MEPS and then to the hotel before you "ship out" to your first order, your first duty... Basic Training. One of the girls there.

She had a 17.... Percentile..

It's the type of person you are glad they are smart enough to be a crack whore or something like this. GLAD.. And she was in the Army.. She didn't pass the test, and obviously can't even take care of herself, let alone anyone else, let alone anyone else under stress..... Not sure what her MOS was that I hope she never made it to.

*snip*

That sounds a lot like a couple of girls in my basic training unit. I'd be stunned if their combined IQ was 80. They seriously seemed unable to do anything properly. In training to fire the LAWS, they would consistently point it the wrong way! Every single time, with that bold text telling them which end was the front. Nice, as far as anyone could see, but no brains whatsoever. I have no idea how they could possibly have scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for enlistment. I didn't expect all there to have a score like mine, but I did expect at least basic intelligence.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I can understand what you're saying, and I agree that anyone hired for the job, should be able to perform it. But the question that comes to mind is two-fold. Are the physical requirements for the job, equal to on duty situations? And are the tests geared toward men specifically, making them inequitable overrall?

I have read more than once of a single firefighter collapsing due to fatigue, and needing help from a fellow fireman. Should the former be re-evaluated for his "failure", or do we recognize extenuating circumstances?

If someone who passes the physical test collapses due to the physical requirements, how would someone who failed the test fare?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Actually I am a firefighter - "a Career Firefighter to boot", so I guess your judgement skills aren't as sharp as your thought.

I have worked as a Firefighter for the WA Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW), the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), SA Department of Environment Water & Natural Resources (DEWNR), NSW Forestry Corporation just to name a few. I have well over 200 wildfire incidents under my belt and have worked on some of the biggest campaign fires in the country. I'll be back out there again later this year, after a short break to recuperate and will be going to either South Africa or Canada after that to continue my chosen line of work.

Would you like to see my f%#&*#g resume..?

Maybe in the US you have to be superman/woman to do the job but when your testing comes in just under the margin here and you have a wealth of experience to back you up or other qualities that make you extremely useful, 30 seconds isn't that big of a deal.

Professional Fieries have to undergo several fitness assessments every year and as time goes on, you get a little slower "age". If they kicked every person who failed by a few seconds, they would be left with a huge experience void that would be more likely to cost lives than a few seconds either way on some assessment, which really doesn't count for anything that actually happens out in the field because every situation is different.

Failing new recruits for coming in under the score, yeah probably.. "but", if that recruit has something more of value that can be utilised, that the other recruits do not have, then allowances can be (and sometimes are, as in this case), made.

Also, there are many roles within departments, not all of them require you to be a demi-god. Not every super fit person who applies and passes the fitness assessment is suitable for the roles available, while this woman may have possessed other qualities that gave her the edge.

Anyway, she got in... No keyboard warrior is going to take that away from her.

My suggestion to you is, get off that computer in your moms basement, go out and join the fire services and find out first hand what it's like rather than making calls your obviously "not", qualified to make.

edit on 6-5-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

So with time her scores will get even worse. She has nothing to offset her poor score other than being born with a vagina. If 22 minutes is fine then change the time needed to 22 minutes for everyone.

I have no problems with women doing the job, I do have a problem with someone failing the required training and being gifted the job because of politics.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join