It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who failed physical exam to become firefighter

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

And you truly don't get it do you.

That isn't really a question. That is an undeniable statement. You don't get it.

All you have is your keyboard, google and a poor feminist progressive opinion that does not correlate with the real world.

She failed the time portion of the required test. SHE FAILED. Period.
Someone allowed a person that FAILED to proceed to the next steps. Period.
She will not be accepted by the group/family of those she is pushing so hard to be amongst because she did not EARN it. Period
She already filed a lawsuit to get what she wants. This is the typical action of those that can't meet requirements to get what they want. Period

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

But it doesn't block women from joining as there are women on the force. That's where my confusion comes in.

The NYFD has a higher standard than just a CPAT that essentially allows them to have the best of the best on their force (both male and female).

Why lower that to allow anyone to join that wants on the team?

Selfish lobbies and individuals. It's not about "equality". It's about making the unequal equal.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Because it just isn't fair....that's why.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: imitator

I didn't mean for the numbers to be exact, but more of an example.

And no, at a certain height, they can't be wavered in.

Well yeah of course 7' tall can't be wavered in.... if need be they do waver taller than required pilots.

howmuch4another you must be one of those leftovers from myspace/facebook.... it seems lately ATS is picking up some of those who post quotes like all over Instagram and Facebook...
at least ATS is not into selfies... right?

Come on guys you shouldn't get your panties in a wad..... A total of 44 of the FDNY’s 10,500 members are reportedly female. I would bet money those 44 do some type male hormone treatment or roids.... maybe 1 or 2 all natural, as well probably most with low GPA's.

edit on 14-5-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

but what you all fail to grasp, is that the CPAT physical test is only a portion of what is required for making the grade..

What you fail to grasp, is that you must carry a lot of weight or else people die. It's really simple actually. This portion of the test is the "Holy Grail" of firefighting. Without a doubt it is the most important aspect of the test. Everybody's lives depend on it. We the tax payers pay a lot for the assurance that if poop hits the fan we will be rescued if possible.

No insult intended with this post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Come on guys you shouldn't get your panties in a wad..... A total of 44 of the FDNY’s 10,500 members are reportedly female. I would bet money those 44 do some type male hormone treatment or roids.... maybe 1 or 2 all natural, as well probably with low GPA's.

IDK how insulting that is. 100%. If not it's close. Quite frankly I find that misogynistic.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think so... Rebecca Wax GPA is higher than most of those women who passed.... and yes roids will lower your IQ.

If anyone is misogynistic... IT IS YOU GUYS..... you don't trust a simple normal woman to save your life.... That is being misogynistic!!!

edit on 14-5-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think so... Rebecca Wax GPA is higher than most of those women who passed....

Well if she can teleport a dying man out of a bad situation with the power of her GPA I'll be OK with this.

....and yes roids will lower your IQ.

And these female firefighters need Roids to do their job? Sorry, I find that disgusting. And wrong. I've met "natural" women that could haul my fat ass around.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What about the thousands of men that didn't pass the test?

Were they not on "roids" as well?

By championing a woman that is allowed to join the NYFD without making the grade you belittle the accomplishment of every woman that did make the grade before her. It calls into question every woman on the force simply because this one dumpling can't seem to shave that pesky four minutes off her qualification time.

Rather than accept the fact that this woman didn't pass muster you would call all the other women that did "masculine roid using freaks".

Yet we are the misogynists because we want a documented standard upheld. A standard that has been achieve by men and women in the past and will be achieved by men and women in the future.

Makes perfect sense.
edit on 14-5-2015 by 200Plus because: missed a "t"

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I looked up the stats in my home-town fire and rescue; we have approx 700 sworn fire-fighters, 93% men, 7% women. Whether the physical test is designed to accurately assess job requirement abilities really isn't in question (IMHO) I believe it's a critical test. The req. for The Physical Agility Test (PAT) state that must complete within time standard of 8 minutes and 2 seconds.

The CPAT (an international standard) has to be completed in 10 mins. 20 sec

The NYFD FST has to be completed in 18 mins.

What's NYFD doing differently? I'm more curious then anything as I am still firmly in the camp that if she did not pass after MULTIPLE attempts, she should not have the job.
edit on 14-5-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

but what you all fail to grasp, is that the CPAT physical test is only a portion of what is required for making the grade..

What you fail to grasp, is that you must carry a lot of weight or else people die. It's really simple actually. This portion of the test is the "Holy Grail" of firefighting. Without a doubt it is the most important aspect of the test. Everybody's lives depend on it. We the tax payers pay a lot for the assurance that if poop hits the fan we will be rescued if possible.

No insult intended with this post.
Regards, Iwinder

What you fail to grasp is that dragging a 175 lb. dummy was Rebecca's easiest task.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
a reply to: macman

Ditto. In reverse.
edit on 14-5-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

And you truly don't get it do you.

That isn't really a question. That is an undeniable statement. You don't get it.

All you have is your keyboard, google and a poor feminist progressive opinion that does not correlate with the real world.

She failed the time portion of the required test. SHE FAILED. Period.
Someone allowed a person that FAILED to proceed to the next steps. Period.
She will not be accepted by the group/family of those she is pushing so hard to be amongst because she did not EARN it. Period
She already filed a lawsuit to get what she wants. This is the typical action of those that can't meet requirements to get what they want. Period

The men, who count, deemed her 'kickass', I must say, that is one fine compliment.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

But it doesn't block women from joining as there are women on the force. That's where my confusion comes in.

The NYFD has a higher standard than just a CPAT that essentially allows them to have the best of the best on their force (both male and female).

Why lower that to allow anyone to join that wants on the team?

The higher standard was pushed when it was realized women and minorities wanted to get in. All they are doing now is being fair and equitable in studying and changing the standards to accurately reflect what physical and intellectual requirements are required for today's modern fire fighting. Simple.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Domo1
I can understand what you're saying, and I agree that anyone hired for the job, should be able to perform it. But the question that comes to mind is two-fold. Are the physical requirements for the job, equal to on duty situations? And are the tests geared toward men specifically, making them inequitable overrall?

I have read more than once of a single firefighter collapsing due to fatigue, and needing help from a fellow fireman. Should the former be re-evaluated for his "failure", or do we recognize extenuating circumstances?

Bingo.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

What about the thousands of men that didn't pass the test?

Were they not on "roids" as well?

Well if you google "new york firefighter calendar" some seem to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger!!!
www.google.com... 0CAYQ_AUoAQ

By championing a woman that is allowed to join the NYFD without making the grade you belittle the accomplishment of every woman that did make the grade before her. It calls into question every woman on the force simply because this one dumpling can't seem to shave that pesky four minutes off her qualification time.

She did make the grade, she passed the new program, there is no belittlement... and all those women before her, are not so many.... What lot would that be, less than 45?

Rather than accept the fact that this woman didn't pass muster you would call all the other women that did "masculine roid using freaks".

I accept the fact that most of them look like Aphrodite and Adonis.

It's time for your average joe to become firefighters.... Remember the plus-size women movement on magazine covers, same thing here.

Do you want firefighters blood doping and taking drugs to keep their olympian figures? Do those type make you feel safe?

Yet we are the misogynists because we want a documented standard upheld. A standard that has been achieve by men and women in the past and will be achieved by men and women in the future.

You mean a standard that has not been around long, one that is controversial... performs almost like military boot camp.... with police departments across the country acting too much like the military... what's next.... firefighters needing bootcamp to pass!

The bottom line is this.... the cerebral cortex is what sets us apart from most species.

This only concerns morals, not roid like standards. The fact is, intelligence is of higher importance than strength and we should not in any way abuse people with slightly less physical standards.... especially those with high GPA's!!!

edit on 15-5-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That's not the issue.

We don't don't care of 99% are women. It is about having the BEST person for the job.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You tout this "kickass" statement like it is the golden ticket to the chocolate factory.

Again I shall point out, that all you really have is the ability to parrot bullsh&t.
That is it.

And I have yet to ever see where the higher ups choice, to push someone along where they have no business being, to be accepted by anyone except maybe those that have been pushed along as well.

This is for LE, Military, Firefighters and any other closely banded people.

But, that doesn't matter because she is "kickass" and has this high IQ and if they don't accept her........she can just file another lawsuit for hurt feelings.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join