It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina Announces Bid for 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am all for someone that has been in the business world being President. It beats Hilary's experience in organized crime.

and Fiorina who drove HP into the ground, costing investors hundreds of millions of dollars in losses, causing the board of directors to fire her, and on top of that got a 20 million dollar severance package....organized crime for Hillary?....if there was evidence, the salivating republicans would have sent her to prison by now.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I am all for someone that has been in the business world being President. It beats Hilary's experience in organized crime.

and Fiorina who drove HP into the ground, costing investors hundreds of millions of dollars in losses, causing the board of directors to fire her, and on top of that got a 20 million dollar severance package....organized crime for Hillary?....if there was evidence, the salivating republicans would have sent her to prison by now.

Even though I wouldn't vote for Hillary simply on the basis of being a woman, I'm waiting for my candidate of my party, Hillary has a lot of Washington experience and that might be as damaging as it is helpful.

She's a catch-22.

I don't know this Carly person. I can't even spell her name.
edit on 5/4/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Gully

a reply to: WarminIndy

Sarah Palin is a woman, why you drop the ball there, not woman enough? that was a chance to elect a woman, any do right?...

NVM i though she was also a GOP candidate in 2012

No, no, no, Sarah Palin was an unabashed conservative who was unafraid to talk about certain beliefs and topics. Therefore, she was NOT a woman and had to be destroyed. This is how the game works.

The GOP could nominate a lesbian Hispanic with a wife, and if she articulates the wrong ideals, it won't count and they'll destroy her.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Gully

Sarah Palin is a woman, why you drop the ball there, not woman enough? that was a chance to elect a woman, any do right?...

NVM i though she was also a GOP candidate in 2012

No, no, no, Sarah Palin was an unabashed conservative who was unafraid to talk about certain beliefs and topics. Therefore, she was NOT a woman and had to be destroyed. This is how the game works.

The GOP could nominate a lesbian Hispanic with a wife, and if she articulates the wrong ideals, it won't count and they'll destroy her.

And the one thing I noticed also about how people really thought of Sarah Palin, while they say "don't talk about the kids", every one of her kids took a lot of flack and inappropriate statements about them.

Jamie Foxx was on the David Letterman Show and said that Palin's 14 year-old daughter should be having sex. WHY was this appropriate enough for the audience to give applause?

Look what they did to Herman Cain.

When it comes to candidates, the muckraking seems to be one sided.

But this Carly lady (too dyslexic to keep trying to spell her last name), doesn't seem to be as forceful as Hillary and that might work against her, because apparently our candidates for president have to be sharks or wolves.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

If by experience in the business world you mean running a successful company into the ground and then getting an unprecedented severance package for that poor performance then sure. If she could take a successful company and very nearly destroy them in just a couple short years, what do you think she'll do to the government when it's already barely functional as is?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

If by experience in the business world you mean running a successful company into the ground and then getting an unprecedented severance package for that poor performance then sure. If she could take a successful company and very nearly destroy them in just a couple short years, what do you think she'll do to the government when it's already barely functional as is?

Meh, I don't think someone from the business world can do extraordinarily well as president, there are too many factors. Unless, of course, maybe someone from the Shark Tank? Herman Cain did very well from the business world, but he wasn't sharky enough.

Obama was never a business owner, he was a Constitutional law professor, community organizer and rank and file senator from Illinois.

The Hill says 65 people might run

Carly didn't even make it to their list.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I think certain people from the business world could do well as president, however most business owners learn to maximize profit and drive people away from competition. These are bad concepts for a person running the government to practice. The government shouldn't be trying to compete with the private sector, and it shouldn't be seeking to maximize profit off of the citizens and that makes me skeptical of most who come into government with a so called business mind

Where I think a person from the business world has an advantage is in leadership. Especially as President I think the most important trait isn't in any particular policy position but in being able to inspire others to follow your solution.

Carly is the worst type of business mind to go into government work because her history is in bankrupting the organization for personal gain, an excellent private sector move if one is looking to retire but a poor public sector move.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Demon eyes sheep, people. Demon eyes sheep. Think about that.
edit on 14-5-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join