It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ceres mission delay due to communication "glitch".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I did a search on the subject and nothing came up.
www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.foxnews.com... ce/2015/04/27/start-nasa-dwarf-planet-mission-delayed-after-communication-mix-up/

Interesting to note that as Dawn spacecraft get closer something like this happens (on purpose?, who knows). Hiding something?
What's your take?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Aliens are jamming our communications!!!

it could be anything, aliens, nasa buying time, a glitch in the first mission to the planet....

i think the most simple explanations must be the correct one, so aliens.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The glitch was a brief one, and was soon resolved. Such glitches are common in space missions, and have happened to the Curiosity Mars rover, for example, more than once. There are a good many energetic particles in space that can affect the micro-electronics of spacecraft when they are impacted by these.

It strikes me that if NASA wanted to conceal anything about what it has discovered, or thinks it might discover on Ceres, they aren't going about it in a very logical, or satisfactory way. They've allowed it to be known that there is a genuine mystery surrounding the bright spots. They've spoken frequently about the further, and better images and information that can be expected over the course of this year. If they were to release no further information from now on, there would be very serious and persistent questions about the reason for this.

A deceptive ruse of a technical breakdown would very likely be penetrated and refuted. Many of the scientists working on the Dawn mission to Ceres are not part of NASA, nor even American citizens. It would seem to be very difficult to silence all of these persons about such fakery, which many would no doubt find highly objectionable.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54
Thanks for your post. A very reasonable one.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well said, I agree completely. I think they let the mysterious cat out of the bag already and if for some reason they actually DO find something "for their eyes only", that's the day Dawn suffers a "catastrophic failure and can no longer communicate"

a reply to: Ross 54

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

What could possibly be for NASA's eyes only? Do you believe that any possible signs of extraterrestrial civilisation would be withheld from the public out of fear of global panic and chaos, just because someone's old speculatory report from the 60s suggests so?

new topics

top topics

join