It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Israeli soldiers killed civilians in Gaza: “There were no rules”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Calm down now . before you accuse me of being yet another anti-semitic Iranian , read the article carefully and then take a look at the source .

TEL AVIV -- On Monday, an organization of Israeli soldiers known as “Breaking the Silence” released a report containing testimonies from more than 60 officers and soldiers from the Israel Defense Forces who served during the 50-day war against Hamas militants last summer in the Gaza Strip.

The soldiers describe reducing Gaza neighborhoods to sand, firing artillery to revenge fallen comrades and shooting at innocent civilians because they were bored.

Leaders of Breaking the Silence argue that permissive rules of engagement, coupled with the firing of thousands of rounds of artillery and tank shells in the dense urban area of the Gaza Strip led to massive damage and high numbers of civilian deaths. More than 2,100 Palestinians were killed; as many as seven in 10 were civilians, according to the United Nations and human rights groups. On the Israeli side, 66 soldiers and six civilians were killed, including one child.

How israelis killed civilians for the "terrorists" that they were

There were no rules of engagement. If you see anyone in that area, that person is a terrorist. In this context, it was simple

“The rules of engagement were very, very lax. I wouldn’t say that they shot anything that moved – but they didn’t request authorization [to fire], either.”

hmm . "Terrorist" huh ?

i don't know if its against the rules or i'm allowed to post graphic images of 6yr old little girls being torn apart , either way , i'm sure you all know how hundreds of thousands or maybe even a million of palestinian "terrorists" have been vaporized in the past 5 decades or so .

Go "international community" .

but who are we kidding ? the international community did what they could . all measures were blocked and vetoed by israel's big dad .
edit on Mon May 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed HUGE quotes, added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's all anonymous so could be easily fabricated. They do not cooperate with the IDF to bring complaints or charges.
They could easily find one real case and then surround it with a whole story filled with fabricated cases to give a certain effect to fit their propaganda. If there is a real case of criminality on a soldiers part then why not document it and present it instead of hiding names and not pursuing it correctly?

BTW, each and every one of the thousands of rockets launched at innocent civilians from Iranian supplied terrorists in Gaza was legal in what way?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

BTW, each and every one of the thousands of rockets launched at innocent civilians from Iranian supplied terrorists in Gaza was legal in what way?

Well if the UN rules were adhered to, technically Palestinians are fighting & being murdered by an occupying force, so I would say their definition of self defense is more sound than Israel's ''self-defense'' operations.

And it's common knowledge that Israeli forces fire on sight at Palestinians, the death toll figures don't lie. I'm quite sure that just yesterday another few Palestinian fishermen were killed by the Israeli Navy.

edit on -180002015-05-04T12:51:31-05:00u3131201531052015Mon, 04 May 2015 12:51:31 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It's all anonymous so could be easily fabricated. They do not cooperate with the IDF to bring complaints or charges.
They could easily find one real case and then surround it with a whole story filled with fabricated cases to give a certain effect to fit their propaganda.

You mean like many in west always says that UN targets are fair game because they used an ambulance in the past?

edit on 4-5-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well those civilians are apparently all terrorists and fair game cause they're all terrorists who fired some rockets at israel in response to killing of their people .

oh , wait a minute ! wasn't that a loop ? we kill you , you fire rockets , we kill you more ?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.darkpolitricks.com...

www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...

whats the definition of rogue state again ?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the death tolls speak for themselves.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's legal in the way that a occupied nation has the right to fight against their occupiers.
What gives Israel the right to occupy another nation using weapons provided by America. America is also breaking the law by providing aid to Israel because Israel is breaking international law.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have being saying this for a while. The US and allies use rules of engagement that are agreed upon. The Israeli's never admit to wrong doing because they have no agreed upon rules. They could have down loaded a copy for free. I understand if they do not want to go through the work of establishing these rules but there is no excuse for not employing rules that are already established.

I know the Israeli sympathisers will say something to the effect that nobody has to deal with the full circle terrorism that Israel does so other nations rules will not work for them. But these rules are the difference between a civilized societies and rogue states.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Also tinfoil , my man : what about illegal settlements ?

Didn't UN security council make a resolution about that ? why are they not only not demolished but also expanded as we talk ?

isn't that illegal occupation of other people's lands ? isn't that clear "F" all international laws by israel ?

RIP Rachel Corrie

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

You can get away with anything in the name of Humanity.

Here a humane package screaming in to help the 'Gazans'.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I've heard of this group before and they do great work helping expose the disregard for Palestinian lives by Israeli top brass. The IDF take a lot of criticism, and rightfully # so but it does make me happy to see that not all IDF are terrorists, sadly from what I have seen, most of them are.

I have family (who cannot think for themselves) and found himself on the front lines of something very nasty. His outlook changed after that and his admittance was similar to what we see in your OP. His admittance that he was wrong for blindly following orders does not make his atrocities "OKay" but at least he has the moral responsibility to acknowledge them. His grief and suffering does not take away the pain he has caused, he knows this and I think it makes it worse on him but I have difficulty finding sympathy...I did everything to warn him before and he refused to listen and even ridiculed me.

I wish more people would put down the gun & uniform and pick up a freaking book!

Thank you for posting this

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i've got like a thousands of those pics - but more bloody - which show the aftermath of this "self-defense" measures taken by Israeli regime .

and BTW , i admit that jews have been targeted before by adolf hitler and other haters and racists - to an extent that even massacres were done against them .

But is that a good reasoning for Israeli regime - who is not a rep. of jews - to start a massacre of their own and occupy other's peoples lands and kill them all by baseless accusations ?

isn't this yet another hate crime against humanity ?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I've heard of this group before and they do great work helping expose the disregard for Palestinian lives by Israeli top brass. The IDF take a lot of criticism, and rightfully # so but it does make me happy to see that not all IDF are terrorists, sadly from what I have seen, most of them are.

I have family (who cannot think for themselves) and found himself on the front lines of something very nasty. His outlook changed after that and his admittance was similar to what we see in your OP. His admittance that he was wrong for blindly following orders does not make his atrocities "OKay" but at least he has the moral responsibility to acknowledge them. His grief and suffering does not take away the pain he has caused, he knows this and I think it makes it worse on him but I have difficulty finding sympathy...I did everything to warn him before and he refused to listen and even ridiculed me.

I wish more people would put down the gun & uniform and pick up a freaking book!

Thank you for posting this
Thank you my friend .

you know about the peace initiatives right ? one-state or two-state solutions to this madness ? well only if these initiatives were not dismissed by Israeli ruling regime , we would probably have 100% security and peace throughout the region .

All muslim states promised israel immediate recognition only and only if they recognized palastinians as human beings !!

ALCON , this girl is a true hero in the eyes of the people here in ME . walk around the streets and ask people if they know this american girl . the percent of people who do , and who view her as a true hero , will shock you .

rachelcorriefoundation.org...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Here's a little testimony from a former Israeli soldier backing up the claim in the OP.

link for 11 min and 38 seconds mark:youtu.be...

edit on 4/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Gaza is one of those dual standards applied by the west.

Over here, Aww the Humanity, over there, tons of ordnance.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Israeli military officials (alongside Amnesty International) say that Hamas employed human shields and hid rocket launchers, weapons and fighters in schools, mosques and hospitals.

It would be easier for others to add the story link in your opening post. Forget that...I now see the link!
I am curious why the Amnesty International name is being used along with Israeli military in a way that looks as though to be taking sides, Amnesty International is not in that business, it's there to point out all the wrondoings and injustices that are occurring, ashave many more organisations who have come to the same conclusions. Amnesty International, has severely criticised the Israeli IDF in the very recent past for also using Palestinians as human shields, as well as Hamas recently, (God help the ordinary Palestinians when both warring sides are using them as cannon fodder) and Amnesty International has also criticised the Israeli government for persecuting minority groups in Israel, all amongst a lot more.

edit on 4-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Gaza is one of those dual standards applied by the west.

Over here, Aww the Humanity, over there, tons of ordnance.
Respect my friend

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

There are consequences for telling the truth, believe me, I know. As well, the soldiers are under security agreements, non-disclosures that can carry anything from dereliction of duty to treason as charges. Sometimes the truth has to come from anonymous sources, otherwise there will be no truth.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

... i don't know if its against the rules or i'm allowed to post graphic images of 6yr old little girls being torn apart ...

“Father gives toy to son with no head, begging him to wake up”. I cried for three days after seeing that.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This reminds me of a story Christiane Amanpour did over there....If anyone is unaware she is a journalist that did a great piece on Palestine/Israel. ....however during the piece in the middle of the night their camera man approached a group of soldiers and was shot in the head...the piece kind of a took a turn showing how aggressive Israel was but think about the situation from a soldiers eyes.

It is dark, you have night vision and someone with a large object on their shoulder is walking towards you...is it possible its a shoulder fire weapon? Absolutely. Those guys are jumpy because they have been at war forever. I once read an article that said the average grunt over there will see combat within 6 months of getting out their basic training. Id imagine after years of that and the stories that trickle down from other soldiers create a lot of shot nerves and jumpy soldiers. Even if one in every 100 soldiers is a jumpy paranoid shoot em all up type of soldier that would create lots of "incidents".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join