It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Think They Need A Gun?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As for the women? Do they have GIANT vaginas? Or small vaginas?

Jefferton is just mad cuz he/she prolly lives in Illinois.

a reply to: Jefferton

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Yeah, spending some time and driving though means what exactly again??? Oh yeah, means just that.

If you have to question OUR 2nd Amendment Right.........then you don't get it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Very good point. Now out of that fraction of a percentage used in an incident, how many are illegal weapons?

It's pretty astounding how month after month they try over and over to argue we don't need guns. But, people are that ignorant I guess.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

So there is registry? Because two posters above mentioned there was non.

There is no federal registry. 6 states require that "assault weapons" be registered, NY is one of those.
edit on 5/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBolt
I don't understand your point here. Why act extra polite when carrying a concealed weapon?

I don't know why it works that way but it does.

Why act differently at all. IF the idea is to have the "just in case" protection, which I do get, why not go about life the same way with or without a gun.

It's not a huge difference. It's subtle but noticeable in a lot of folks. It's not like they go from total asshole to Mr. Niceguy, it's just a slight change in mindset from "normal" to "avoid all confrontation" and the tendency to avoid displaying any sign of aggressiveness.

You also said that I display ignorance about laws because they would make it harder for law abiding citizens to get access to guns. To me that's the point of a law. It doesn't discriminate. It would make it more difficult for anyone to get a gun.

Criminals, by definition, ignore the law. Passing more laws won't affect them at all. Only law-abiding folks will be affected. Assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, and murder are already illegal... how would another law against guns deter someone who's committed to that level of violence?

Guns are WIDELY available in the US so passing more laws will not make it harder for a criminal to get one.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Why do YOU feel you need a gun?

Because I really don't like spiders.

ETA: also I have a tiny penis.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Why do YOU feel you need a gun?

Don't forget that you are short and have "little man syndrome" as well.

And you likely drive a big mudder truck too....

Oh...and Yeeeeeehaaaaaaawwwww!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer
They may not have an official federal registry, but I somehow doubt they aren't at least keeping records of everyone that goes through their background checks in the states that require it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Buy a sports car instead...or is the gun used for influencing potential mates to give into your needs?

I don't mind spiders at all, they eat pest...

Poetic indeed.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
They may not have an official federal registry, but I somehow doubt they aren't at least keeping records of everyone that goes through their background checks in the states that require it.

Nope.

The NICS isn't keeping any sort of record. They run your info (name, DOB, city of birth, height/weight) and as long as you're clear, they don't care. You're talking about millions of transactions that they have no desire to keep in some database.

Besides that, NICS doesn't know what you're buying... they only know if it's a long gun or hand gun.

The feds can't keep track of admitted terrorists that tell all of Twitter that they want to carry out jihad... they certainly don't have some secret database of all the gun owners in the country.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Buy a sports car instead...or is the gun used for influencing potential mates to give into your needs?

I don't mind spiders at all, they eat pest...

Poetic indeed.

Guns are how I make my living.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I didn't drive through. Spending a few months here and there is not passing through. Big fan of Northern Cali!

If you have to question OUR 2nd Amendment Right.........then you don't get it.

I was not questioning your second amendment right at all. In fact, the title and theme of the OP seems to do that all by itself...

My point throughout this thread was this:

Environment (where you reside) will influence such debates. In other words, if I lived in Mexico...I would own a gun. I heard there are plenty down there that are fast and furious.

Nobody in Denmark considers owning a gun. Now why is that...?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I hear it a lot from folks who aren't "gun knowledgeable": why do people think they need a gun?

Cuz it's an American thing.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Guns are how I make my living.

Cool. So this thread was simply a marketing tactic. Keep promoting fear for dollars. No worries. I have never been one to shy away from making a buck that's for sure.

I wish you much success in your endeavours.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have an idea! We get all the anti-gunners, remember the ones who do not need or want guns, to publish their address. When the slime of the world comes to rip them off, or worse, they can call the police and have the bad guys arrested!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have an idea! We get all the anti-gunners, remember the ones who do not need or want guns, to publish their address. When the slime of the world comes to rip them off, or worse, they can call the police and have the bad guys arrested!!!

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: smirkley

Except that isn't true everywhere else where Free Speech is a right, but gun owning is not.

Nobody is going to take guns away from Americans, it just wont happen. But the paranoia surrounding the 2nd Amendment continues in spite of that fact.

By the way, many would argue that the rest of the Rights enshrined in the Constitution exist under the protection of the 1st Amendment, not the 2nd.

Heck, they even put them in that order!

Right, they thought freedom of speech was paramount, but they thought the right to keep and bear arms was jsut as important--that's why they put it just after.

That is a common misconception about the American constitution. It doesn't in fact provide any rights. That is not how it is set up.

Provide? No

Protect? Yes

Quite right, but far too many people get it wrong. The US constitution is based on the premise that everybody is born with any and all rights, and the constitution simply limits what the government can do in terms of limiting or removing them.

But it does not protect the right to arm bears, for example.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker

So you are interpreting it then as, everyone born in the USA automatically has the right by birth. The second amendment just says that the government cannot infringe on that? Sounds like a protection to me.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Wait................................................................................................I had to laugh. Hold on, I think I peed my pants just a little bit laughing.

You spent a couple months in North Cali, and maybe a month or 2 in a couple other places and are now the expert?

As for Denmark?? I could really care less what you guys do there. You see, that is the difference. I don't go around sticking my nose in the affairs of other countries and its citizens. You all are adults. You can figure out your own rules. Why not extend the same courtesy?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"Why Do People Think They Need a Gun?"

Well, at this very moment, for killing any radical Muslims (ISIS) who come at me in the town where I live. I'm prepared, as I should be. Second, I'm ready if someone invades my home and tries to top my family or me.

Guns have a purpose and a place in my life and I'll damn well use them if necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join