It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Think They Need A Gun?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Involutionist

Lol

I tried to find a video of Ricky shooting himself in the foot on trailer Park boys. (no such luck)

How many times has that happened, anyway? At least twice...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: intrepid

Is private sale between individuals with no paperwork legal in Canada?

Hell no.

ETA: Trailer Park Boys? That's my hometown. No, really.

edit on 4-5-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

No they are not.
My Ex was from Korea she would use TKD on me occasionally ,she was good in form poor in strength.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Have you trained with that wakizashi?
Hah, no. But it's awful sharp and I think I get the gist of it. The pointy end goes in the other guy, right?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I think she's Asian.

Don't you know they're born with a full knowledge of martial arts?

The Olympic Committee did a study that found; Asians have more total body coordination, Europeans have more upper body strength, and Africans have the best Cardio endurance.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Hah, no. But it's awful sharp and I think I get the gist of it. The pointy end goes in the other guy, right?

If you can line it up on his eye, it becomes hard to see.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

I think she's Asian.

The Olympic Committee did a study that found; Asians have more total body coordination, Europeans have more upper body strength, and Africans have the best Cardio endurance.

...and the Canadians had the biggest stones:

Bwahahahaha....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There is a thrusting to use when pushing an edge not chopping with it ,that is how one should be used.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm still wondering why it's anyone's business to try to control the choices I have every right to make.

Sometimes, I want to go out and take all the classes and start learning how to shoot just because so many people squawk so loud about it. Something so many people are so afraid I might start doing must be terribly fun and awfully empowering.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
On nonrestricted guns, yes. Either way, government don't know who has what unrestricted guns anyway, so who is to stop anyone from doing so?

When transferring a non-restricted firearm, the transferor (a seller or giver) may contact the CFP and request confirmation of whether the transferee (a buyer or recipient), at the time of transfer, holds a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess that kind of firearm.

RCMP Source

In order to get my Possession and Acquisition Licence, all I had to do was go and tell a dude I had a license in NY, and forgot it in the move. He issued one to me with no further questions.

edit on Mon, 04 May 2015 17:14:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There is a thrusting to use when pushing an edge not chopping with it ,that is how one should be used.
Yeah I have a few friends who into martial arts, and they've kinda been showing me how to use one, but it's hard to learn and they say I lack focus, which is true. I'm a bit ADD.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

I put a south Korean patratrooper down rather quickly when he kicked me in the face with a round house kick ,I dropped him with a forward punch( YAY Karate works!) BECAUSE we as Americans eat meat and have become larger.
So your theory might fit with dedicated athletes but not so much in the real world.
SIZE does matter,after all.
edit on 4-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

I think she's Asian.

...and the Canadians had the biggest stones:

Bwahahahaha....

Looks like "Push of Pike" or artillery practice.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I cant speak for anyone else, but for me the answer is quite simple. Bad guys have guns, and all the gun legislation that is proposed over and over again that will supposedly solve the gun violence problem does nothing to address the issue. Gun laws take guns away from law abiding citizens, not criminals. Criminals break the law. That's why we call them criminals. If they obeyed laws there wouldn't be a problem. But they don't. When someone wants to pass a law that will take guns away from criminals I will be there to support it. But when all they do is pass one law after another trying to take my gun away and tell me its all about the criminals I call bs.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

but ...., but I need to protect my grandkids when we hike in bear country....ok, I'll just tell them they're bait......

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I put a south Korean patratrooper down rather quickly when he kicked me in the face with a round house kick ,I dropped him with a forward punch( YAY Karate works!) BECAUSE we as Americans eat meat and have become larger.
So your theory might fit with dedicated athletes but not so much in the real world.
SIZE does matter,after all.

There is a you tube video like that. One shot to the head stops a lot of gymnastics.

The teacher probably doesn't show his students the sure thing that works on everybody, because the teacher might need to use it or the teacher might be responsible for the student.

I think the round house kick is a lot about exercise and less about practical damage. However, the energy used to do the roundhouse move is very high at the beginning of the move, and a good martial artist would adapt that energy to what works best, in my philosophical opinion.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Yeah I have a few friends who into martial arts, and they've kinda been showing me how to use one, but it's hard to learn and they say I lack focus, which is true. I'm a bit ADD.

The Fencing Master says the first move is

Jump Back

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

gun violence has nothing to do with people being able to own guns. its due to cultural/ mental issues taught through media and society. whens the last time you watched a t.v show or movie where a gun wasnt mentioned or shown?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I was surprised that was his first choice.
A good side kick or a shot to the nuts maybe,but the FACE?
He unfortunately jumped me when I'm drunk or Nominally I would have blocked it and talked him down.
I felt no pain or restraint,so he ended up with a broken face.
Sloppy on MY part THAT talent isn't something to use accept for warfare but ...drunk.
I can't even GET that drunk any more I FALL ASLEEP ,now.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join