It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people and my country.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Aren't most of these people like, Americans?

I'm saying this because these people answers to the US laws. And since the US laws are too lax and permissive, because that's what Americans are voting for (they don't like restrictive laws), these people were left to do whatever they please.

Thanks to the US voters.
edit on 4-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You can thank America and the internet for the hate.

Plenty of Americans have made their feelings clear that freedom comes from a .45 and some of the OTT patriotism has become self parody. Even Americans are starting to make fun of their own clueless citizens; there are also plenty of Americans are becoming more introspective and critical of TPTB and it's citizens.

Many countries have been mocked by The US over the years in various forms (superman was a racist recruitment officer at one stage) but now it seems some can give it but they can't take it. I don't hate the US but I dislike the Govt's attitude to foreign policy and that's whats irked people and I think that dislike is justified-however there is plenty to like about the US and the general hatred towards it's citizens is unjustified.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman
And you, like most if not all Americans who replied to this thread, simply cannot accept all these valid criticisms without trying to say they are false or exaggerated.

You're reading into something that just isn't there. I just abhor ignorant stereotypes--I'll be one of the first people to criticise our government or the jackassery of our citizenry when it's justified.

You have no idea what I can and can not accept when it comes to criticisms of the U.S. To pretend that you do really speaks terribly concerning the validity of your stereotyping.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
You're reading into something that just isn't there.

Then you should know bigotry, patriotism and racism in the US are much more than stereotypes and that I did not use these words lightly.

I can support this claim with figures and already did.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Then you should know bigotry, patriotism and racism in the US are much more than stereotypes and that I did not use these words lightly.

so then it's safe to say that in your country, there is no bigotry and racism? this i have got to hear. you already admitted that the citizens of the usa, are not the problem, then you say the citizens of the usa are the problem, then you say they aren't, then they are. you already KNOW we have as much control over our situation as you have over yours, which is zero.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You deformed my posts. Maybe you should read them again to understand them better.

I always said both the government and the American people are part of a larger problem.

The gov for its misdeeds, and the public for electing the gov, for being complacent, bigoted and patriotic.

Its funny how Americans love to criticize their gov but its not OK if a foreigner does it.

Again, thanks for illustrating all my points and being a living caricature

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I always said both the government and the American people are part of a larger problem.

okay then explain this:

originally posted by: undo
now you tell me that's the fault of the american people! go ahead. try it.

I said American government in case you missed it.

now that was in reference to the globalists mentioned in the anthony sutton videos, not only funding, arming and training, the bolsheviks and fooling american tax payers into paying for it by not telling us what they were doing, but also hitler. think about that.
no, i mean REALLY think about that.

communists and fascists, the american tax payers were ripped off to pay for and fund those cruel systems that killed over 100 million people between them. we had no flippin' idea they were doing that with our tax dollars that were extracted from us under the guise of helping the inner city poor and fixing roads, etc. this has went on for decades. what the hell did you expect us to do, read minds? we didn't find out about most of it, until stalin's documents were finally released.

and now the globalists are all up in everybody's business. they are not exclusively americans. you see, the federal reserve is a global banking cartel, not a bunch of americans. they speak english, yes, but that does not make them americans. don't you ever read anything besides "hate america" propaganda?

edit on 4-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No, all of those things are just simple stereotypes, because you're using them in a way that you imply reflects on the whole of the nation. The nation does not make up the people, the people make up the nation, and the people are individuals.

I grew up in California for nearly 20 years, then lived in Germany for nearly four, then in Tennessee and Kentucky through the present. I'll tell you this much--there is racism everywhere, and I've encountered the least amount of tolerance for all individuals in California than anywhere else.

You can believe what you want, and you can post whatever figures that you want, but I guarantee that I could post information that could counter yours, because polls and figures and internet-search data and all of that can be skewed and manipulated for a desired result. I prefer to go with what I know from personal experience, not figures that support one claim or another.

If you don't live here in the US or have not for most of your life, then you're simply speaking out of ignorance. If you have lived here and are speaking from experience, I'd argue that you don't have enough experience to give you an intelligent overview of the United States. Yes, there are bad apples here, and sure, they do tend to group together in certain areas, but the things you talk about (to include patriotism, I'd argue) are a dying personality trait of Americans that began being choked out decades ago.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

I don't want to argue, but you do realize that EVERY permanent member VETOS in the UN and other assemblies often out of spite? That Russia and China have equally long lists of VETOs right?

Its not that the US is in the way of progress, rather that world politics are and are probably the root of all conflict and discord internationally.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Stop acting like I MUST be brainwashed if I love my people and country. Stop acting like you have all the solutions and have it all figured out Mr.Awakened. I don't know if you are young or have no life esperience but to say I am brainwashed just because I love my country is absurd.

Also I didn't identify with my government. I take issue with people hating on my PEOPLE just because of the actions of my government.

Its like some people don't know what the average day is like in the UN or the US senate or congress , or the EU parliament or individual government assemblies of member states. What do you guys even think the problem is? The US government? Of coarse not. Its a GOVERNMENT problem all around. That's why its in poor form and retarded to criticize the American people. What we are supposed to fight an armed revolution or something? Oh get the eff real. Why don't you? As if that would help....
edit on 5 4 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Also I didn't identify with my government.

Yes you do, when the US government gets rightfully criticized you feel the need to defend it, or are you just liking atrocities and think they need to be defended ?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No, I don't.

I am the first to denounce asshatery of my government. I think you are just projecting onto me a generalized perception of people you THINK are like me. Its probably a result of prolonged efforts at validating counter arguments through stereotypes. Its healthy to debate. Its unhealthy and flawed to look to stereotypes to try to understand people. A racist will only get more sick if he looks for validity in the stereotypes he enforces. This is a similar situation since you try to pave the way for criticism founded on generalizations.

I am NOT brainwashed just because I love my people and country. Its absolutely retarded to imply that.

I defend my people, not our government that is not even ours anymore.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What do you think this was ?

Riddle me this Anti-American sentimentalists....

...criticism of the US government and their policies or defending it ?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I consider that stating the obvious. Tell me where I am wrong. Thats not a defense of the US government. It is asking a question to the most extreme haters of the US as a country: "Explain the world without the US"...to name just one question asked there.

For all our vices, you cant deny SOME universal good comes from the US.

Please explain how I am justifying the US government there. I ASKED QUESTIONS, not MADE A STATEMENT.

I supposed and proved overwhelmingly that people who "hate" the US and want it gone or downgraded from being a superpower HAVE NOT thought their stance through to its logical conclusion. You have not. That shows how manufactured your thoughts are- which is ironic considering how you profess everyone is a drone if they dont think like you...LOL

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I find this a difficult topic to take part in. I love my country in general. I love people, Americans are people. There are many things I like about America (and miss terribly).

That said, I still have some criticisms too, and tend to see them as things we should look at, talk about, and perhaps see what we could do about them.

The difficulty comes in with our resistance to hearing criticism. Yesterday with my kids, they brought up that my mother in law told them they, and I, are susceptible because we're Americans. It was not an idea she had before she met me (a stereotype), it was just something she noticed we had in common and came to the conclusion it was because of my cultural background. We all agreed she was correct. (that there I consider a sign of progress though!
)

I actually found myself agreeing with JUhrman's points - all of them. But I cringed at the same time, imagining how such statements must feel like to the Americans reading it. I don't think I would dare to speak them so directly.

I analyze myself and percieve that in my background, I was (more or less directly) taught that if you love someone, you don't see their faults, or at the least, do not point them out. That goes for a nation as well. To criticize is heard as hatred. That is really a specifically american value and belief.

you already KNOW we have as much control over our situation as you have over yours, which is zero.

I have to respond to this, and I do so with sadness. JUhrman is correct about our complacency, and how much that stands out in contrast to the rest of the world (except perhaps North Korea).
This was a shocking realization I had to face when I moved out of the US. Just observing my own confusion at seeing the masses here actually standing up to their government regularly, in solidarity, and being effective in it (they win), then hearing my first few months of comparing the people to "a bunch of spoiled brats pushing around their parents", with no respect for authority.... it was a terrible dawning to realize that I was looking at a government "for the people, of the people"....what we originally intended! A government that is at the service of the people, not the other way around! And I had been brainwashed to be subservient, obedient, scared and complacent.

It was so deeply ingrained, I had just assumed the peoples in every country are like that. I was wrong.

In our defense, however, I point out that in this long period, we have invested so much power into our government, military, and law enforcement, that they are now heavily armed and reactive, and there is a lot of risk. That is not imaginary!

I often think about the principle that as individuals, we often end up prisoners of our defense systems. The walls we put up to keep others out end up keeping us in. I feel like we have come up against this problem as a nation.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

what do you expect from a nation of mostly old people and a few million excruciatingly poor people, who were made that way when the globalists realized they could count on the disenfranchised to keep that tax money flowing for yet more globalization ? i have trouble even bathing myself, how do you propose a bunch of old people fight this war? to be honest, i'm shocked that people have been so brainwashed into thinking we are the problem.

i'm sad to say, since you're into the whole shame thing, that you are part of the problem

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
been griping about this for awhile, but once they knew they could use the black population to shame more and more of our freedoms away, they made sure to keep them as poor and beat up as possible, so they could be counted on to keep those tax dollars flowing under threat of being ripped to shreds by hoards of angry poor people. then, they wasted 90% of that money to fund their global domination thing, and gave the poor blacks itty bitty bits, and blamed the lack of funds, on taxpayers. just like mr. juhrman wants me to believe it's my fault that some billionaire globalists, sign documents in the united nations that he doesn't agree with. you can't get much more brainwashed than that.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

what do you expect from a nation of mostly old people and a few million excruciatingly poor people, who were made that way when the globalists realized they could count on the disenfranchised to keep that tax money flowing for yet more globalization ? i have trouble even bathing myself, how do you propose a bunch of old people fight this war? to be honest, i'm shocked that people have been so brainwashed into thinking we are the problem.

i'm sad to say, since you're into the whole shame thing, that you are part of the problem

For one, I don't believe in the "globalist" thing. Nor reptilians. It's like the evil dangerous monster the people were told existed in The Village. A vague undefined hidden ultra powerful monster .... tell your kids there's one in the hallway at night and they'll stay in their room! Works on adults the same way.

If it were true, then the situation you describe would be the same all over the world. It's not.
I haven't suggested any war be fought, I agreed we've been cowed into passivity faced with our own government, and said I see a real obstacle to changing that now. That instead of protests, war is what you call it, because our military and law enforcement is armed to the teeth and overreactive, as we made them.

I'm not into any "shame" thing. I have learned that feeling shame at any and all mention of having weakness or faults to work on is unrealistic and unhealthy. You shouldn't feel shame, I don't feel shame, in describing my weaknesses and faults. What is this ridiculous idea that we should be ashamed on being imperfect???

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

did you watch antony sutton's videos, i linked earlier in the thread? or the "men who crashed the world" ? i do believe reptilians have the potential to exist, but not exactly the same way david icke suggests.

anyway, explain this

and this

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join