It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people and my country.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, I don't know why I even post this except for "why not".

Allot of people are assholes. Real jerks. Is it so hard to just not be a judgemental prick? I know a few people have recently seen a side of me that they automatically define as "enemy". Because I will always jump to defend a country and people I love, and can see countless reasons to love.

I know many don't feel that way, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't apply. But to the rest...WTF is your problem with me defending my country? Usually it is with a single person I take issue with over some hateful and retarded crap they spewed about my home and my people. Is it that when you guys see someone crapping on the US and anyone stands to defy them that the rest feel the need to "come save the day"?

Do you realize that you are carrying out the very definition of herd mentality?

Beyond that...what do you prefer? That I hate my people and my country just because you do? That I hate instead of love? That I be a bitter nihilist like you? That I wander around like a chicken without a head, lacking cultural identity, fraternity with my people and a common bond to them?

Would it really be better to sit around acting like any other country is any better? That they don't have corruption, endless ambition, destructive parasitic tendencies, poverty, idiocracy, lazziness, poor judgement, and a lack of class?

Should I pretend like you that aliens or angels will come down to make it all better? Should I hope like you for a stock market crash, act of war or natural dissaster to get rid of my country? Are you happy thinking like that? I know not.

So why be an asshole? Can't I defend my country without mobs of people getting up my ass?

I will anyways, just some thought to the hate.

You call me childish, a drone...what ever.

Yet you look like angry children having a temper tantrum DRONING off the latest anti-american BS. Say what you will but half of that crap is propaganda and another quarter of it is mindless efforts at being hip or spiteful.

You may think you are righteous in the cause...but your just acting like fringe asshats.

So, what ever. I won't stop, you probably won't either. Maybe we are all assholes and South Africans and Canadians are better than all of us because they just live their lives in peace. A few more as well.

Still, you guys can be huge assholes. Me too, though I wish we could move beyond the nationalism.

You say I am a nationalist in my patriotism. I say your negativity towards my country is more like nationalism in its intolintolerance of my country.

I don't even think about your countries beyond the things I like...some people cant hear mine mentioned without crapping their pants in the fits of anger that follow. Don't you see it?

I won't drop it. I won't move on. I do care, and I don't have to grow thicker skin. I do or don't have it, but the world that chose me as an enemy just for thinking the way I do has to deal with me for as long as I am alive. I am young, healthy and have time....YOU will deal with me for a long time...even if it is just to ignore me. Know I am here.

So that's it. I don't see the point because many who do feel they would hurt my country if given the chance are sad individuals who aren't going to think freely enough to defy the self programming they have in their mind just to listen to me.

Some already stopped reading long ago....that's their choice. Pretend you know the other side without listening. Fine by me. Just know YOU chose your enemies, not the other way around.

Anyhoot, I am sorry if it doesn't apply to you, if you don't care or if you just hate SOME things about my country or /and people. The rest....you are assholes.

Have a good one ATS.
Hold it down.

edit on 5 4 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

While i have seen some humour in the various thread around this recently, much of it has been cringeworthy from various sides.

I'd hope that many of the most partisan might grow some self awareness and a slightly more enlightened mentality after all of this, but there no bleeping way that's gonna happen - i think we all know that.

It's a bloody shame really, those who are shouting the loudest against each other display exactly the same herd mentality that you rightly despair of, and they are blind to how they are suffering from exactly the same delusions.

Just so sad.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well, while I agree with you I don't agree with you as well. There's no need to get so angry about it. You should be used to this by now. I know I am. So I try different things. Maybe you should, as well.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its official, no one cares about your feelings.

edit: also for a country full of people who know better and who love to tell other countries what they should do, a great number of Americans sure can't stand it when someone makes a criticism about THEIR country. I love the irony.

Seriously, you have no idea of the amount of time when Americans (yes, it's always them in this case) make fun of my country (when they can even place it on a map) for no reason but simply to be mean and aggressive. I can roll with the punches because I don't care about dumb people having dumb opinions and because I don't feel like I need to defend the honor of my country against dumb trolls.

Maybe you should learn to do the same?
edit on 4-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

I think the type of people you say make fun of your country and mine are few on ATS....and far between enough acording to the ebb and flow of people that visit here, that we can rally for better behavior with due reason. Its not unreasonable to bring the argument against negative behavior. Criticism is always welcome when its constructive. If not, it should be confronted always and whenever it feels natural. If anyone mocks you or yours you can defend yourself and yours.

I like the saying "bring solutions, don't ferry problems. I don't care about OTHER peoples emotional baggage. THAT'S why I rally behind cutting the crap...so as to keep any place or setting for exchange of ideas in general (like ATS is) as a place free of that nonsense.

Its not an "American" thing, that's my people you are talking about and NOT our government you are then reffering to. That's slippery slope.

THATS nationalism. That's ironic considering it is mostly used in a mockery of american partiotism.....the dehumanizing aspect of making jest of anothers customs, ethos, and way of life. So what if we are terribly American or anyone is what ever...? WHO is anybody to judge anybody? Really, who the hell is anyone to judge me or others.

I GUARANTEE that people who can HATE, truly hate american things or isms, are capabale of and do, hate others similarly.

I say that always gets no quarter. Resist that.

Whatever.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people have so much trouble accepting that some folks are going to zero in on major flaws or hypocrisy regarding ANY country or culture. Why does this bother you so much? Don't let it, unless your only means of self-recognition is to attach a label to it. You're human, and you live on Earth. Anything beyond that is futile self-categorization at best. I can criticize the US, and take the criticizing. I'm not going to shed any tears over someone's point of view because the spit of land I live on, it doesn't matter much to me as a defining label.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Never said I was upset. I am not the angry one. Consider that I am actually arguing against hatred and Ignorance. Its not because its my home team, its because ANYONE making fun of anothers country or people is acting like an asshole and deserves to be called on it. Especially when its about you.

That doesn't mean you are mad. Like I siad, even if its your team or another one,its just throwing the ball back regardless.

Its not like I am the angry one. I can be perfectly chill and still think that criticizing people based off where they come from or how they are is a dickish thing to do.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Even so, it's worth the conversations anyway. I find myself very much unable to argue with many points foreigners make regarding US policies, and even some aspects of the culture (though I can't really define any specific American culture beyond consumerist, Mennonite or Amish, and they're not even completely exclusive to the country)

It might be more worth it to prod conversations along to a more thorough explanation of what the person's bottom line points are. They may have something worth talking about behind the jabs, and pretty much anything worth talking about can be learned from.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

WTF is your problem ...

isnt it obvious , its an attitude problem... & need to be taught a lesson & made an example of ...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

wherever you're from, your government is likely just as complicit in world events as the usa, since the usa's government is globalist. you know what globalism is,right? i have a theory that saddam and qaddafi are, at this moment, sipping margaritas with little umbrellas in them, while they lounge on some tropical island, surrounded by their bevy of harem beauties. in effect, and in the immortal words of alice:

and take that thing off your head. it looks ridiculous

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Its not an "American" thing

From travelling the whole world I can guarantee you it is. Of course it is a generalization and generalization are not correct representations of everyone, but they are usually based on some truth.

Americans are more bigoted, more racist and more patriotic in general than people from other western countries.

Now if you want to talk about the flaws of people from other countries, we can do that too. I can also make a long list of all the bad things about Belgians.

But it doesn't mean that the clichés about Americans are 100% wrong and that many Americans (being more patriotic than others) take it very personally when someone dares to make some criticism about their people and country.

It's actually super easy to troll an American because they are so patriotic. Try to troll a Belgian about his country being #ty and he will agree...
edit on 4-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

hop off

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
wherever you're from, your government is likely just as complicit in world events as the usa

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

I never said my government was better, or even my compatriots.

It's just so funny that each time someone criticizes the US gov or the Americans there is a dozen that will pop up and tell you "you think you are any better?" when it's not downright insults.

Sometimes a bit of self-consciousness isn't a bad thing... When a friend tells you what is wrong with you it's not to make fun of you, it's to show you what you can improve.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

wherever you're from, your government is likely just as complicit in world events as the usa

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

I never said my government was better, or even my compatriots.

It's just so funny that each time someone criticizes the US gov or the Americans there is a dozen that will pop up and tell you "you think you are any better?" when it's not downright insults.

Sometimes a bit of self-consciousness isn't a bad thing... When a friend tells you what is wrong with you it's not to make fun of you, it's to show you what you can improve.

because you.. okay i won't call you names. gaining my composure: BECAUSE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY FOREIGN GOVERNMENTs THAT THINK THE AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE THE ENEMY. comprende' senor or are you feigning ignorance cause you're part of the flippin' problem! don't lie to me, it makes me furious!

edit on 4-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

BECAUSE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY FOREIGN GOVERNMENT

The whole world is held hostage by the American governments. When we try to get something done on a worldwide basis to improve this world like banning anti-personnel mines, setting objectives for CO² emissions reduction or finding a solution for the Palestinian conflict there's always an American idiot using his veto right to keep the status quo.

Welcome to our world, hope you enjoy it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

BECAUSE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY FOREIGN GOVERNMENT

The whole world is held hostage by the American governments. When we try to get something done on a worldwide basis to improve this world like banning anti-personnel mines, setting objectives for CO² emissions reduction or finding a solution for the Palestinian conflict there's always an American idiot using his veto right to keep the status quo.

Welcome to our world, hope you enjoy it.

NO, THE whole world is not being held hostage by the american government. the whole world is being held hostage by the globalists, who are GLOBAL. what part of GLOBAL don't you get? here, let me demonstrate. watch it till the end

and that same thing happened with hitler. EARTH TO BRAINWASHED PERSON

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
OH and here's the other

now you tell me that's the fault of the american people! go ahead. try it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I love America and I'm patriotic..I was brought up that way..my grandfathers fought in ww2 and my dad was a combat medic in Vietnam. Does America have issues? Sure. Does your spouse/child/sibling/parent/friend have issues? Sure..and we stick by them. It is easy to forget how good we have it in America. In some places, speaking against one's government/homeland could be a death sentence. Stay well everyone.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Try not to take it so personal Tada and look at the reasons a few on this board hate the USA

On the record I like Your country and will defend it with polite reasoning to my friends in my life here in England who can't see past the industrial war machine and in the shadow spooks

Your country has many positives but the perpetual wars created by the same old people in the sphere of influence to your POTUS erodes what was the American dream into a nightmare

I think you all should show your voice to your so called leaders and tell them you want to change,stop being the world police and instead invest in the citizens in your country entirely

Build up all your industries rather than the military budget,spread that money and create jobs for every American and offer the hand shake of peace to countries you don't see eye to eye with

You honestly don't need the endless sucking money pit of the conflicts those greedy bastards create as the wealth generated only goes one way back into their pockets and not shared with the public

Banking and trading can also be scrutinised :-/

We all for the whole live in great countries who are always let down by our politicians who are our servants but behave like our masters,it's time they served who they are supposed to rather than corporations who line their pockets and in return get more wealthy

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

now you tell me that's the fault of the american people! go ahead. try it.

I said American government in case you missed it. And no, in the case I cited the globalists are not the problem.

The problem is specifically with the US representative using his veto at the UN and other trans-national organization, because Americans historically hate to be told what to do by other countries.

Also pleas chill out a bit, you sound upset.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join