It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Clayton County Sheriff Hill shoots woman inside model home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: soulshn
Atlanta, GA

Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shot and critically injured a woman inside a model home Sunday night, according to police. But when officers arrived at the Gwinnett County subdivision, Hill declined to provide any information on what happened.

“He refused to cooperate and give any statement,” Sgt. Brian Doan with Gwinnett police said...

...“She’s not able to give any information due to her condition,” Doan said...

...Officers were called to Britt Trail Drive on a report of an accidental shooting, according to police. Hill was released from the scene while the investigation continued late Sunday.

Un-f'ing believable!

I am at a loss for words; i don't know what to say. If this were any civilian they would be lucky not to have been shot dead on sight, much less at home in their bed tonight.

And people wonder why Baltimore burned.

This is not a black vs white issue. This is an us vs them issue!

edit to add: we just recently had the Peachtree City chief of police accidentally shoot his wife early new years morning. Same exact story, she was not able to make a statement due to her injuries and guess who was not locked up that day. Unreal.

Sheriff Hill is black.

Victor was elected to represent Clayton County Citizens as a member of the Georgia House of Representatives from 2003-2004 term. During his tenure, he successfully authored four bills that became Georgia law: (1) Crack down on drug crimes, (2) domestic violence, (3) use of bullet proof vests during the commission of a crime, and (4) stricter supervision of child molesters preventing them from hiding under first offender status. In 2005, Victor became the first African American elected Clayton County Sheriff. During his first term, Sheriff Hill waged an unprecedented war on crime in Clayton County with the following results: (1) Captured nine of Clayton County's ten most wanted; (2) Created three elite task forces to confront Clayton County's high crime rate: (a) "Cobra Unit" to combat drugs by saturating high crime areas, (b) "Joint Vice Task Force" to fight gambling and prostitution; and (c) "Stalking Unit" combating domestic violence by "stalking the stalkers." (3) Sheriff Hill and his Deputies executed Clayton County's most successful assault on drugs and violence - "Operation Jericho" resulting in murders decreasing by 30% and aggravated assaults decreasing by 11%

Oh let me guess, Democratic? Authored four bills that became Georgia law???????

Murders and assaults have dropped nationally, steadily for decades. Technology and easy access to information are what have lowered violent crime rates.

The war on drugs has created most of societies problems. The murder rate skyrocketed right after it began and is just now dropping as drug laws have started to relax.

Then add in all the victimless extrotion tactics used by police to fund army weaponry and bonuses...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: soulshn
Atlanta, GA

Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shot and critically injured a woman inside a model home Sunday night, according to police. But when officers arrived at the Gwinnett County subdivision, Hill declined to provide any information on what happened.

“He refused to cooperate and give any statement,” Sgt. Brian Doan with Gwinnett police said...

...“She’s not able to give any information due to her condition,” Doan said...

...Officers were called to Britt Trail Drive on a report of an accidental shooting, according to police. Hill was released from the scene while the investigation continued late Sunday.

Un-f'ing believable!

I am at a loss for words; i don't know what to say. If this were any civilian they would be lucky not to have been shot dead on sight, much less at home in their bed tonight.

And people wonder why Baltimore burned.

This is not a black vs white issue. This is an us vs them issue!

edit to add: we just recently had the Peachtree City chief of police accidentally shoot his wife early new years morning. Same exact story, she was not able to make a statement due to her injuries and guess who was not locked up that day. Unreal.

Sheriff Hill is black.

Victor was elected to represent Clayton County Citizens as a member of the Georgia House of Representatives from 2003-2004 term. During his tenure, he successfully authored four bills that became Georgia law: (1) Crack down on drug crimes, (2) domestic violence, (3) use of bullet proof vests during the commission of a crime, and (4) stricter supervision of child molesters preventing them from hiding under first offender status. In 2005, Victor became the first African American elected Clayton County Sheriff. During his first term, Sheriff Hill waged an unprecedented war on crime in Clayton County with the following results: (1) Captured nine of Clayton County's ten most wanted; (2) Created three elite task forces to confront Clayton County's high crime rate: (a) "Cobra Unit" to combat drugs by saturating high crime areas, (b) "Joint Vice Task Force" to fight gambling and prostitution; and (c) "Stalking Unit" combating domestic violence by "stalking the stalkers." (3) Sheriff Hill and his Deputies executed Clayton County's most successful assault on drugs and violence - "Operation Jericho" resulting in murders decreasing by 30% and aggravated assaults decreasing by 11%

Oh let me guess, Democratic? Authored four bills that became Georgia law???????

Murders and assaults have dropped nationally, steadily for decades. Technology and easy access to information are what have lowered violent crime rates.

The war on drugs has created most of societies problems. The murder rate skyrocketed right after it began and is just now dropping as drug laws have started to relax.

Then add in all the victimless extrotion tactics used by police to fund army weaponry and bonuses...

I blame internet Explorer myself

i.kinja-img.com...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

1. People never feel it's them, when it is.

2. Where there is black victim there is usually Al Sharpton. But if the victim is white...?

3. Cherrios can be eaten for other meals as well.
edit on 1430751571Monday31Mon, 04 May 2015 09:59:31 -0500amMonday5990931 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

2. Where there is black victim there is usually Al Sharpton. But if the victim is white...?

Trying to sell this issue as a "war on black males perpetrated by cops" is fake and stopping/slowing progress. It's an issue of bully cops and the good ones who keep silent.

It also alienates the white community because it can make them think it's not their problem. When it absolutely is everyone's problem...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
UPDATE

Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shot and critically injured a woman Sunday night, Gwinnett police said. Hill “refused to cooperate and give any statement,” Gwinnett police Sgt. Brian Doan said. A sitting sheriff cannot be charged except by a warrant issued by a Superior Court judge.

Update: Gwinnett County police late Monday morning identified the woman allegedly shot by Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill as Gwenevere McCord, 43, of Jonesboro. McCord remained in critical condition at noon Monday. Gwinnett police Cpl. Deon Washington said Hill made the 911 call at 5:39 p.m. Sunday.

Hill and McCord were the only two people inside the model home on Britt Trail Drive near Lawrenceville when the shooting happened, but other witnesses in the subdivision have been identified.

This ties up some loose ends. Hopefully the investigation unveils more information.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
UPDATE

Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shot and critically injured a woman Sunday night, Gwinnett police said. Hill “refused to cooperate and give any statement,” Gwinnett police Sgt. Brian Doan said. A sitting sheriff cannot be charged except by a warrant issued by a Superior Court judge.

Update: Gwinnett County police late Monday morning identified the woman allegedly shot by Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill as Gwenevere McCord, 43, of Jonesboro. McCord remained in critical condition at noon Monday. Gwinnett police Cpl. Deon Washington said Hill made the 911 call at 5:39 p.m. Sunday.

Hill and McCord were the only two people inside the model home on Britt Trail Drive near Lawrenceville when the shooting happened, but other witnesses in the subdivision have been identified.

This ties up some loose ends. Hopefully the investigation unveils more information.

Gwenevere McCord on the Paran Realty website.

I posted that link earlier.

ETA: Her name is Gwenevere Dennard McCord, she is married. She related to Scott McRay.

This is not the first time she has made news In a home she sold, a man killed his cousin there.

The violence that had occurred in the home stunned Gwenevere McCord of Jonesboro. She had sold the relatively new, two story home to the Crosdale's in February. "They were very nice. That's why I'm surprised," said McCord as she stood in the yard of a house across from the crime scene. None of the Crosdale's neighbors would talk about the incident, but McCord said everybody had told her that things were quiet at the Crosdale home the night before the incident. She described Dario Crosdale as very polite and quiet, but she had never met Roberts. Turner said Roberts had been staying with the Crosdales for about two months. McCord said the couple had come from New York and that both worked for Delta Air Lines.

The news reporter on the video said the police were saying they were dating.
edit on 5/4/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I'm sorry. I must have missed your posting the update to the story.
My bad.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

I'm sorry. I must have missed your posting the update to the story.
My bad.

I only gave the link to the realtors, I didn't know her name yet.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Trying to sell this issue as a "war on black males perpetrated by cops" is fake and stopping/slowing progress. It's an issue of bully cops and the good ones who keep silent.

It also alienates the white community because it can make them think it's not their problem. When it absolutely is everyone's problem...

So are they going to say Black Lives Matter for this woman?

Apparently black lives matter when it comes to complaining about whites.

Let's start the protest, this woman is black and therefore her life matters. Otherwise people are hypocrites.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Let's start the protest, this woman is black and therefore her life matters. Otherwise people are hypocrites.

All lives matter regardless of color. Within this story it obviously has nothing to do with Racial Divides because we only have one race and it doesn't apply here.

I see what you're saying but all you're doing is trying to force some double standard label to prove a point and in this case I think it not only doesn't belong, but in trying to make that point it just distracts from the issue. Nothing about this case has to do with Racial issues.

This is obviously about some shady cop and some personal issues he's having with his Adulterous Girlfriend that resulted in her being shot in the stomach. It seems like you're trying more to invalidate the reasons why people protest than you are trying to address this issue honestly and that's just bad.

If you want to invalidate the protesters message or something like that, this isn't the place for it. If you want to discuss this topic by all means please do.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah, it's everyone else not you.

Actually, you aren't making a lick of sense. Maybe it's you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

All lives matter regardless of color. Within this story it obviously has nothing to do with Racial Divides because we only have one race and it doesn't apply here.

I see what you're saying but all you're doing is trying to force some double standard label to prove a point and in this case I think it not only doesn't belong, but in trying to make that point it just distracts from the issue. Nothing about this case has to do with Racial issues.

This is obviously about some shady cop and some personal issues he's having with his Adulterous Girlfriend that resulted in her being shot in the stomach. It seems like you're trying more to invalidate the reasons why people protest than you are trying to address this issue honestly and that's just bad.

If you want to invalidate the protesters message or something like that, this isn't the place for it. If you want to discuss this topic by all means please do.

Yes, All lives matter.

I think by now you can understand the frustration that has arisen because the national dialogue is lacking in fundamental ways. I come to ATS and hear all the time people saying "The Jews" are in a conspiracy to control the world. I hear people saying "no, it's not the Jews, it's the Zionists", then I hear people saying "The Catholics are in a conspiracy to control the world", then I hear people say "You can't say anything about Islam, you are prejudiced if you do". Then I hear the same people allow the same hate speech against the Jews.

Then people say that gun violence is decreasing, yet every time there is gun violence it is always directed at two groups of people, white law enforcement and white nutters like James Holmes. There is no dialogue when it comes to black law enforcement or young black men.

And we don't know that she is adulterous, that is an assumption on our part, she could have rejected him and in his misplaced machismo shot her for it. But that is assumption on our part, again.

Surely the OP must have realized that while there are protests going on in Baltimore, that his post, while important, is probably not the best timing because Ferguson and Baltimore are fresh in our minds. I listened Sunday evening to the police scan from Baltimore, the violence in Baltimore was still present and the police were struggling to contain it. There was a 33 year-old man jumping up and down on cars yelling "My name is Trayvon".

While that has nothing to do with Sheriff Hill, the OP demanded we not bring race into the discussion, because in the OP's mind, this is a war with law enforcement. He is frustrated, we are frustrated. Some of us spent a lot of time defending the police because the police are really there to help. Yes, there are some police officers who are bad, but let's look at their position, some of them are increasingly frustrated at the one sided and prejudicial manner in which they are treated themselves, and then one mention that a black cop could be also prejudiced, the OP didn't like that.

When I showed the evidence of the black cop who was prejudiced (not for shooting Gwenevere), the OP didn't react to that, only you did. Is this the place to talk about double standards? Absolutely, because it is missing in our national dialogue.

Ultralight is correct about Al Sharpton, he isn't going to address the fact the woman was shot. Could we say "hands up, don't shoot" for Gwenevere McCord? He was a cop, she was unarmed.

The catch phrase for Ferguson was just that, because a white cop was involved. How about we say that for every victim instead of just one group?

President Obama wants national dialogue, ATS is doing its part in that. So let's have a dialogue.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

How interesting is this?

Gwenevere Dennard signed a petition for the Brown Family which is a petition for

Derwin Brown was assassinated December 15, 2000 on his wife’s birthday. At the time he was in transition, and had not yet been sworn in as Sheriff; therefore he was left with no paycheck or insurance. Phyllis Brown, the wife of Sheriff Elect was left to have to beg the county to restore his position as Captain of the DeKalb County Police Department (that he was forced to resign from) so that she could receive his benefits. After two years she was finally awarded his pension and insurance benefit for $50,000 that of which she had to pay legal fees....

The petition says this.

We, the undersigned, as citizens of the State of Georgia support H.R. 103 and ask that the Speaker of the House present H. R. 103 to the house floor for a vote. This legislation requests compensation for the family of the late Sheriff Elect Derwin Brown.

edit on 5/5/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: snipped link to petition

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

The stars say differently. But perhaps you're right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join