It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: retiredTxn

I would think it's even worse form to have a disagreement then show up to shoot everybody. Maybe that's just me?

Showing up with guns is definitely not good form.

This could have been prevented if the event never happened at all. Thank goodness nobody else was hurt. Sad the one Garland ISD officer was injured.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
This is TEXAS. Where were the "Good guys with a gun" to stop this attack from happening?

Oh yeah, right. Maybe the NRA is wrong about people in the street shooting back?

They were out front in force, and killed the two assailants before anyone inside could be killed or injured.

I know, doesn't fit your argument, but that's the way it went down.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Who could have possibly seen something like this coming? End sarcasm...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sorry I havn't replied guys, was at work and it got busy.

My thoughts on this, I doubt this has anything to do with Jade Helm, Garland isn't in the Jade Helm area.

I really think they lured out a few nuts. I don't think the authorities were wanting to do this,but rather whoever put this on did.

As for the SWAT team being there, I think it was just safety precautions that proved to be a good idea.

I don't really have any hot takes on this in general, I think it's kinda dumb to incite violence, to poke the bear as it were. But I also support the free speech aspect so I'm stuck between all that

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Was she there? Did she enter a drawing?
Or did she just have other people do the dirty work and her be a far but take all the credit?

That is how you take a stand right, you let other people do it for you?

link   
a reply to: babybunnies

If you're going to have a cartoon contest where the sole subject is the Prophet Mohammed, you're going to attract the ire of the Muslim community. The organizers KNEW that this was going to create a problem, and went ahead with it anyway.

that maybe, but you didn't see peaceful muslims jump in their SUV's packing their AKs and maybe a explosive devise and go and try to kill people. they just sat at home and bitched like everyone else does.

The organizers are totally responsible for the deaths of the people who were shot. Even if they didn't pull the trigger, the security guards wouldn't have been needed had this ridiculous contest not taken place.

that is a load of bovine excrement if i've heard any in all my life. they have security at all kinds of events that never involves religious sentiment all over the world.

terrorist, jihadist pig lovers, are just cowards that will attack anytime and anywhere, and if it's something they hate they love that even more.

that's two nipped in the bud, who's next.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
How would a Jewish initiated "Let's derogatorily draw Jesus" hate rally "exhibit" go down in the heart of Texas?

Didn't Borat have them cheering his "kill the Jews" speech?

These are legitimate questions, I'm just wondering.

Well I can bet money it wouldn't result in deaths without fear of losing the bet.

There have been many anti christian events.

Including the "artist" that put a crucifix in a glass of his own urine.

No deaths resulted from this exhibition that I am aware of.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

she was in attendance today at some point and gave a speech, one of the attendees interviewed on fox confirmed that.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
If you're going to have a cartoon contest where the sole subject is the Prophet Mohammed, you're going to attract the ire of the Muslim community.

The organizers KNEW that this was going to create a problem, and went ahead with it anyway.

The organizers are totally responsible for the deaths of the people who were shot. Even if they didn't pull the trigger, the security guards wouldn't have been needed had this ridiculous contest not taken place.

Or the Muslim community can piss off and not demand everyone else follow their bassackwards customs.

Muslims are no more special than anyone else.

They don't have a right to be idiots because their religion demands things.

They can get the fudge over it.

Because it is never going to stop until they stop.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

By all means it could've been prevented. US citizens with the right to free speech could have caved in under the threat of death from Muslim extremist.

If that's the America you want to live in I want no part of it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Anybody remember the "Piss on Christ" art exhibit? Catholics were outraged and let that outrage be heard. But did they show up with guns and explosives and try to kill the artist? No.

Obama would not condemn the exhibit either. I wonder if he will condemn this one?!

I am appalled at anyone who would condemn this woman for exercising her inalienable right to free speech. You may detest the subject and method of her artistic expression, but for God's sake...you should support her right to express it.

I agree.

I would not do this.

And find it quite distasteful at a minimum.

But it is the right of these people to be as dumb as they want.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You do realize that if these nuts had enough balls to mount this attack. If the event was not held like you want. They would've just mounted their attack elsewhere.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Not with a shooting. It isn't exactly religious doctrine that dipictions of JC is a huge no-no. Muslims as a whole are taught to take huge offense and these guys knew it.

From a athiests point of view this entire situation is ridiculous...people taking offense and trying to offend others with/over fictional characters...and killing each other over it. brilliant

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This Police news conference briefing, most answers by the officer is no idea, no information on that.

Only thing to note is that additional law enforcement were hired for this event.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

I would think it's even worse form to have a disagreement then show up to shoot everybody. Maybe that's just me?

Showing up with guns is definitely not good form.

This could have been prevented if the event never happened at all. Thank goodness nobody else was hurt. Sad the one Garland ISD officer was injured.

No, it could have been prevented if the attackers. You know the guys doing the attacking, didn't try to kill folks for a perfectly legal activity.

If they don't like american freedom, they can go to one of many Muslim countries with a culture they like better.

I detest what event stood for, but I would die defending their right to hold it again.

This is america.

The events planners are not the villains here.

Idiot wackjob Muslim extremists are.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

By all means it could've been prevented. US citizens with the right to free speech could have caved in under the threat of death from Muslim extremist.

I never said I wanted to cave in to the threat of death. In the other thread concerning Charlie Hebdo, I defended the rights of these people to hold their event. It is a part of what free speech is in the USA. I just made a comment. Don't try to read too much into it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You do realize that if these nuts had enough balls to mount this attack. If the event was not held like you want. They would've just mounted their attack elsewhere.

You are totally missing my point. Go find somewhere else to play.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I agree.

Our rights to free speech are more important than their outrage over nonmuslims not following Islamic dictates.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Sorry folks, you are reading too much into one comment.

Relax, take a deep breath.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thenewguy1987
Fox News is saying it was a Muhammad cartoon contest.
That seems smart.

Why? Are fundamentalist Moslem "warriors of virtue" running amok in the U.S. now, too...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join