It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

How would a Jewish initiated "Let's derogatorily draw Jesus" hate rally "exhibit" go down in the heart of Texas?

I seriously doubt anybody would show up with AK-47s to kill everyone.

More of a Smith & Wesson area, yeah...

Gotcha

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It is the workings of a sick, mentally challenged mind s/he who decides that displaying a picture of Mohammed warrants death.

Innocent men, women and children may have been present - among all possibilities that gets me pissed the most because it shows the depravity of the mind set.

The 1st amendment and indeed the entire US Constitution and all amendments is a beautiful thing.

Some folks really need to deal with it.........all those that don't want it (or for convenience's sake, only want parts of it).

Piss Christ..........defend the right to display it............or lose all rights forever.

This goes beyond borders - it is a global situation that must be addressed head on.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Probably about as well as this one did. From the video of the event, maybe 50 people showed up.

This not about Texas, or the acceptance of this event. Garland is not a major city in the Metroplex. The event was held at this center to directly oppose a previous event held there, Stand with the Prophet rally.

Really bad form in my opinion, but to each his own.

ETA: Event organizers are claiming 250 in attendance. They must be counting the police as well.
edit on 5 3 2015 by retiredTxn because: My error.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Thanks Txn.

I was being genuine I know it's pretty religious in Texas and stereotypically "volatile"...

But I wasn't assuming different to what you've suggested, just interested to know.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well.... since Pam Geller is just a hater. Her actions here just dragged Christian Jesus devotees into the muddy waters too ( not that some Christians haven't already done that ). and art works deface Jesus all the time..

Not sure Charlie. I'm not very religious..but I hate the haters. That much I am willing to lay on a sword for.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

yes it is, i know many don't like the source , but fox is interviewing a spokes person for the event and that Gellar was indeed present at one point and gave a speech.

edit on 3-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: correction the person they are interviewing was a attendee, not a spokes person and they have the people that were at the event in lock down at local schools in two groups.
edit on 3-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yeah she is about a close to a bottom feeder as a human can get.

Anyone could have predicted this.

Wouldn't be surprised if she did it on purpose knowing that she could then justify in her puny pineal-lacking brain that 1.6billion people are responsible.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Mother of god! OK! Thanks...

Couldn't find on Fox's web page. Guess I had to actually tune in.

Update.. OK it's on the web page now.

Update .. not Geller yet...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
She's talking about it on Twitter with random hashtags thrown in that say "#sharia" & "#jihad"...

This is about to be sensationalised I reckon.

I bet she's gutted no innocent people died so she could really milk it.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

This event was originally denied use of this facility, but after it hit the local news, and her being so vocal about, the Garland ISD gave in and approved their request.

She is definitely behind the event location, and probably this incident as well. She has really made a big deal about using this facility.

What a waste of energy.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

He commended the approximately 200 people who attended the event

After That Dud-Event/Exhibit

-
OPINION:

"200 people" equates to a ... Dud-Event/Exhibit

( or not even a speck-of-representation from texas )

edit on 3-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would think it's even worse form to have a disagreement then show up to shoot everybody. Maybe that's just me?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was a safe prediction. As 2 other poster's already mentioned. And re-irritated the old thread from a bit back.
Naturally.. Geller would take to twitter. Her agenda is about the hate of anything that falls under the umbrella Muslim/Islam..
We here in the U.S. ( us good ones ) Want anything trying to kill us to be quelled pretty damn fast. If S.W.A.T. had to sit and wait for it to happen at this event... their bet payed off. No extremist could refuse this event.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you're going to have a cartoon contest where the sole subject is the Prophet Mohammed, you're going to attract the ire of the Muslim community.

The organizers KNEW that this was going to create a problem, and went ahead with it anyway.

The organizers are totally responsible for the deaths of the people who were shot. Even if they didn't pull the trigger, the security guards wouldn't have been needed had this ridiculous contest not taken place.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is TEXAS. Where were the "Good guys with a gun" to stop this attack from happening?

Oh yeah, right. Maybe the NRA is wrong about people in the street shooting back?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The organizers are totally responsible for the deaths of the people who were shot. Even if they didn't pull the trigger, the security guards wouldn't have been needed had this ridiculous contest not taken place.

So you're saying the guys that showed up at the event with guns don't hold any responsibility for their own deaths?

Sorry they had a choice they could've brought protest signs instead they brought guns.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes the Islamophobe queen Pam Geller arranged for the contest to take place.

Is it still "Islamophobia" if they actually try to kill you?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks Txn.

I was being genuine I know it's pretty religious in Texas and stereotypically "volatile"...

But I wasn't assuming different to what you've suggested, just interested to know.

There are plenty of godless heathens here.
They just want to go about their business without being bothered with violent intrusions on their freedoms.
Intrusions on their freedoms to go about their business unmolested is where the stereotypical volatility arises.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
This is TEXAS. Where were the "Good guys with a gun" to stop this attack from happening?

That would be the SWAT officers.

Nice try at an anti-gun angle, though...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anybody remember the "Piss on Christ" art exhibit? Catholics were outraged and let that outrage be heard. But did they show up with guns and explosives and try to kill the artist? No.

Obama would not condemn the exhibit either. I wonder if he will condemn this one?!

I am appalled at anyone who would condemn this woman for exercising her inalienable right to free speech. You may detest the subject and method of her artistic expression, but for God's sake...you should support her right to express it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join